“Great pub” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Pennsylvania
“Great pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The real deal an English pub with great real ale cask beers, and local keg beers no TV, bar service, and a 'full monty ' breakfast served on Saturdays.

Visited November 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Expensive and not what I was hoping for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I came in after spending the afternoon in downtown Lititz. My husband went up to the bar to order some food. Here is where the issues started....it took almost 15 minutes to get the bartenders attention...and no, the bar was not all that busy. He just seemed way more interested in chatting up the regulars than paying mind to the guy at the end of the bar wildly waving his hand to get his attention. Once he got his attention, it seemed like everything we wanted to order was not available, or a portion of it was not available. HOWEVER when we tried to substitute something (due to an allergy) we were told...NO SUBSTITUTIONS...sooo...they can substitute things because they run out, but we can't because if I eat it I blow up like a blow fish? Ok. So and took a precautionary Benadryl and after ordering we waited....and waited....about 45 minutes later, our food came out...mildly warm. Not wanting to wait another hour, we ate it. It was a VERY expensive warm-ish hamburger with sad cold fries. Then the pinnacle of the afternoon was when a server walked by and spilled part of a 1/4 mug of beer on me that she was taking back to the bar...yay, used beer. I sort of expected an apology, what I got was. "Ma'am can you push your chair closer to the table, you are sticking out a bit". For the record, I am not a large person....under 5 feet tall and under 100 lbs...how much could I have been sticking out? Nonetheless, I sucked it in and got uber close to the table...mostly for her safety so I wouldn't rise up and go Chihuahua all over her rude self... after that we just wanted to leave. So we paid our bill (which was way too much for what we were able to actually order) and left. Don't think we will be going back.

Visited August 2013
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Different then before”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I went to this restaurant when it still was the General Sutter. I was pleasantly surprised at the less stuffy atmosphere and some of the changes on the menu. However, I was disappointed they no longer make the elk.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Nice place to spend time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We regularly come here for drinks while browsing downtown. The bartenders are helpful and knowledgeable of both the many beers available as well as the food menu. The beers are always good and unique. The food has always been outstanding and tasty. I especially enjoy the Scotch Egg.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy English treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is part of the General Sutters Inn. Great ambiance. Lovely beer selection from all over the world. The food is above average pub fare. You can also order dinner options in the pub. this is an English pub setting, you have to go to the bar to order drinks and food, there is no table service. The staff is wonderful. nice relaxing time.

Visited October 2013