“good seasonal food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Lititz
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Healthy, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: An urban style eatery with a unique, simple, flavorful menu.Quality Espresso & Brew Coffee.A cozy, intimate atmosphere.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“good seasonal food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

On Friday evening when we wanted to eat somewhere outdoors, the Tomato Pie Cafe came to mind. Although the indoor space is not wheelchair accessible, the patio is perfect. Our server was friendly and quick and our only disappointment was that she forgot my husband's coffee. My turkey broccoli quiche was perfect as were the herb scone and potato chips. My mom loved her beef vegetable soup which tasted homemade. My husband enjoyed his chicken curry sandwich and beet salad. The peach/ginger scones were amazing and we topped off our meal with one of the best cheescakes we've ever eaten--peach glazed with whipped cream. We love this place and return whenever we can and we always find a way to deal with the accessibility issue which is the only reason this place gets only a 4 star rating from me--otherwise it's a five star place.

• Visited August 2013

Eastern PA
“Great Lunch at Tomato Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food was very good and the servers very friendly. We had to wait a few minutes for a table but the wait was worth it. No alcohol on menu and the tables are a bit close but the overall experience was very good.

Visited August 2013
Pennsylvania, USA
“We ate here twice it was so good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

During our recent visit we stopped here for dinner based on the reviews. We were not disappointed!! For dinner we ate inside in the back room and loved the peaceful space and wonderful wait staff. The food was outstanding and so reasonably priced! I LOVED my Ham & Brie Panini and Blue & Pear salad that came with a herb scone on the side. I had an iced caramel latte to drink and it was delicious. We returned the next day for lunch and this time sat outside in their quaint little garden surrounded by tomato plants. I enjoyed their fresh iced tea and ordered the same dish since I liked it so much the night before! I have to say we were too full after our lunch to try dessert but returned later in the afternoon to try their desserts since they all looked so good. We sat at the counter and ordered a chocolate covered peanut butter cookie and peach mint buckle to share. Again, they were both fantastic. You can't go wrong here! Highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Visited August 2013
California
“A lovely cafe with good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Tomato pie! Had no idea what it was but had to try it - and wasn't disappointed. It was delicious, as was the lemonade. Sat in the lovely garden in the back and had a very pleasant time - good food, nice people.

• Visited July 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“A great place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a great place to eat. They have a charming little patio for outdoor dining behind the resturant, well away from the street and noise. My friend had the signature dish tomato pie which was delicious. (She allowed me to taste it.) I had the curried chicken salad which was also quite tasty.

• Visited July 2013