“Great menu also available at pub” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“Great menu also available at pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We enjoyed the food and menu so much at the pub that we decided to try the restaurant for dinner. We enjoyed the cheese plate, burgers, and chicken and leek pie. The service was excellent. Very nice dinner experience in Lititz.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brogue, Pennsylvania
“Average...nothing special.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. The waitress was pleasant and friendly. I had a roast turkey sandwich, which was very tasty. The accompanying chips were too salty and inedible. My companion had a fish pie that was ninety percent mashed potatoes and very bland. Even though there were only two other tables occupied, the acoustics were horrible. It was difficult to carry on a conversation while sitting next to each other. It took a long time to clear our table, and even longer to receive the check. We don't plan on eating here again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, NJ
“Repeat offender!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was in Lititz again a couple of weeks ago and I just couldn't stay away from General Sutter's. I had my usual and the friends I was with had other burgers and were impressed with the quality of the food, the portions and the terrific service. I wish I lived closer because my family and friends would definitely be regulars. The place has a certain charm that you just don't find any more and the service was terrific as usual.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
York, Pennsylvania
“Historical Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

While this Inn is a historical cornerstone of the community, the lunch and dinner menus clearly define the excellence of the chef's talents.

Visited September 2013
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“PERFECT wedding reception.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

It seems like just yesterday my wife (then fiance) and I were at the Bull's Head for lunch and wandered into the Sutter's banquet hall. I told her the room would be nice for a wedding reception. About a year later we were making wedding plans and decided to express our interest in using the Sutter as a reception hall.

We were introduced to one of the front of house managers, Jeff. Soon the plans (and stress) starting mounting up. Every time we sat down with him, Jeff was organized... he remembered details of our last meeting, and gave us confidence and peace of mind that we picked the right venue.

Come the day of the reception it was absolutely unreal. The level of service, the atmosphere of the room... the food (oh my god, THE FOOD!!) exceeded expectations in every way. We offered our guest a choice between an airline chicken breast with vegetables or a filet and crab cake with an herb cream sauce... I was worried when the filet arrived at my seat with only a butter knife. The filet was so tender a butter knife was all I needed.

If you're planning a wedding in the area, you should really consider the Sutter. Littiz Springs Park is a great place for an outdoor wedding venue, and despite the inherent markup in any wedding reception, we received tremendous value and satisfaction with this place. Even as the party ramped up and people got a little rowdy, they kept a straight face and were very accommodating to our 110 guests. They also offer a Sutter Rewards card program that gave us additional perks for booking our reception there.

To anyone that sees this review for dining or otherwise, meeting Jeff and some of the service staff at the Sutter was proof to me this business knows what the hospitality industry is all about.

Tony and Tara, reception date October 6th, 2013.

• Visited October 2013