“A Mental Escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss Woods

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lititz
Swiss Woods
500 Blantz Road, Lititz, PA 17543   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Lititz B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Mental Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

What a welcomed refuge to find so close to home! The Innkeepers, Debbie and Werner take great pride in the service and atmosphere found at Swiss Woods.
Upon arriving at the inn, we were greeted by our new friends, couples whom we've never met yet seemed like we knew all our lives. This place just breaks down your inhibitions.
We rented the Matterhorn suite and found it impeccably clean, well apointed and charmingly decorated.
There are so many positive things to say about this place that ultimately it is something that one must experience themselves. You will not be disappointed. If you ever dreamed of visiting a quaint Swiss cottage or mountain villa, this is the ticket! We stayed in February and I can't wait to visit when Werner's beautiful horticultural prowess really shines. I found this gentleman to be a very humble and engaging person with the greenest thumb in PA. Debbie was a very calming and friendly woman. Her attention to the quality and comfort of your stay is evidently paramount in her eyes.
The surrounding area has more things to do than you can fit into a weekend (we tried). The included breakfasts are something to be experienced for yourself, incredibly delicious and beautifully presented. Trust me folks, this one is a keeper.
Did I mention the chocolate biscotti? Super yummy!
H. Deal

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a bad view to be found.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Lovely house with even more beautiful grounds. This was my second trip to Swiss Woods, the first having been in the fall when the grounds were in bloom and a walk in the woods was warm and fragrant. This time, the fire inside with the books and magazines and gentle music were perfect to read by. The fire outside in the clever metal cage made even the 30-something degree weather comfortable and was a perfect place to meet and talk to fellow-guests. Hosts Werner and Debbie were thoughtful and helpful and delightful from beginning to end. Our room was clean and comfortable and has a door leading directly to the outdoor patio and grounds. Best place to stay in the Lancaster area. My husband and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'm not the only one giving this special B&B five stars. Recommended by a friend who grew up in Lancaster County, I was impressed with their website. Went in October at the peak of fall colors and definitely a visual treat. The owners, Werner and Debbie, are extremely friendly and hospitable. Stayed 3 comfortable nights enjoying the fireplace, comfortable living space, delicious breakfasts, and 24/7 beverages and yummy homemade snacks and desserts. You'll not be disappointed with your stay here. A couple whom we met said this was their 3rd time staying at Swiss Woods--that's an endorsement in itself.

Room Tip: Preferred the 1st floor rooms with access to the outside grounds. Located north of Ltitlz on country...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oil City, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I went on vacation with my best friend and her husband. We ended our trip in Lititz, PA to see a former student of mine. We were only staying for one night. We knew we were going to a nearby wolf sanctuary the next day, so we were just looking for someplace nearby. What a terrific find. The rooms were lovely, and the innkeepers were incredibly friendly. Breakfast was absolutely delicious as well! If we ever return to Lititz to visit Kate, we will definitely be staying at Swiss Woods again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SWinnkeeper, Owner at Swiss Woods, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed this wonderful property and it's proximity to the Wolf Sanctuary. We look forward to welcoming you again!
Tuckerton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I can't say enough about the hospitality, rooms and food. A fire in the chiminea each afternoon and night. Clean bedrooms and public rooms, great breakfasts, good company and information from hosts. They also don't crowd visitors. Plenty of space if that's what you want. Acres to walk and enjoy the weather. Great rooms on the first floor for those who avoid steps. My favorite B&B.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Berwick, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here in September during the Hershey RV show. Driving up to the B&B, I was a little worried at first because you drive what seems like deep into the woods without seeing the house for a while. Then you come upon the house and it is just beautiful. First impressions on the house were wonderful. The whole setup of the house and the stunning property made me excited to stay here. We were greeted by the owner who told us where everything was and explained what was nearby to see and do.

Each room has it's own door to the outside so you can come & go without having to bother the other guests. We stayed in the Wilheim Tell room and my only "complaint" was that the water pressure in the shower was hardly there. This would not be enough of a "complaint" to keep me from staying here again and again.

We helped ourselves to coffee and I had a delicious chocolate cupcake with peanut butter icing from their common area. My husband had the chocolate tea. The bed was extremely comfortable and warm. Breakfast in the morning consisted of greek yogurt with fruit, a tomato/bacon quiche & veggie quiche, three or four different muffins and apple fritters. Everything is tasty and fresh. The second night we had some coffee & tea again and I had some chocolate chip cookies. We took one of their games back to our room and played a couple rounds.

The second morning we didn't get to enjoy breakfast because my husband wasn't feeling well. I took a walk around the property, checking out their many different gardens and bee hives. Plus they have an amazing view of the valley.

We checked out and they asked if we wanted to take the breakfast to go but we decided not to. I bought some of their kitchen soap for myself and some gifts.

I would recommend and have recommended this place to everyone. It is such a beautiful location, nice and quiet, & the owners & kitchen staff are so nice and welcoming. I hope we have the opportunity to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Year after year, this is the place to return to in all seasons. Great staff, plenty of grounds to explore. Breakfasts are fabulous. Besides the breakfast their is afternoon tea and cookies. Easy driving to nearby attractions. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Swiss Woods? Share your experiences!