We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Not to be missed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wilbur Chocolate Co.

Wilbur Chocolate Co.
48 North Broad Street., Lititz, PA 17543
+1 717-626-3249
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Attraction details
Owner description: Tour this museum featuring hundreds of pieces of antique candy making memorabilia, then buy some quality chocolate at the factory store.
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Top Contributor
374 reviews 374 reviews
75 attraction reviews
Reviews in 95 cities Reviews in 95 cities
163 helpful votes 163 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

If you love chocolate, you need to pick up some Wilbur Buds. Some of the best chocolate you can buy. They have a small museum. The town of Lititz is quaint and lovely. Enjoy!

Visited October 2011
Was this review helpful? Yes
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a Review

370 reviews from our community

Visitor rating
    192
    109
    53
    14
    2
Date | Rating
  • English first
  • French first
  • Any
English first
san diego, ca
Top Contributor
122 reviews 122 reviews
52 attraction reviews
Reviews in 33 cities Reviews in 33 cities
66 helpful votes 66 helpful votes
“Stop by if you are craving some chocolate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

There really is no tour here, they say, due to OSHA regulations. You can NOT see the factory (though you can hear it and smell it). It's more of a small museum with a small room where 3 or 4 ladies make molded chocolate items behind glass. 15 minutes tops to see the memorabilia. The big thing here is buying the chocolate. They have two rooms full of chocolate "everything". If you are in LItitz you should pop in.

Visited April 2012
Was this review helpful? Yes 1
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Pasadena, Maryland
Senior Contributor
22 reviews 22 reviews
6 attraction reviews
Reviews in 12 cities Reviews in 12 cities
26 helpful votes 26 helpful votes
“Smells GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

It is very cool to go in and see all the chocolate being made.

Visited April 2012
Was this review helpful? Yes
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Senior Contributor
22 reviews 22 reviews
7 attraction reviews
Reviews in 8 cities Reviews in 8 cities
15 helpful votes 15 helpful votes
“You Don't Know A Wilbur Bud From a Hershey Kiss - Shame on You!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This chocolatier was a confectioner in Lancaster Pa the same time Hershey was a confectioner - Hershey stole the design from Wilbur - took out a patent & stopped Wilbur from distributing his Wilbur Bud...
Now the rest of the story ... Hershey owns 80% of the world market in Chocolate - why you may think all chocolate taste the same.... Wilbur chocolate is from the other 20% stop by & learn why the locals luv Wilbur Buds....

Visited December 2011
Was this review helpful? Yes 2
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Top Contributor
61 reviews 61 reviews
22 attraction reviews
Reviews in 36 cities Reviews in 36 cities
44 helpful votes 44 helpful votes
“Chocolate heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stop in and check out the museum. It’s nothing fancy but it is interesting. Sit and watch the video on cocoa and chocolate production. Then shop and taste. The chocolates are great and well priced in the factory store. Parking is across the street.

Visited October 2011
Was this review helpful? Yes
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Travelers who viewed Wilbur Chocolate Co. also viewed

 
Columbia, Lancaster County
Lititz, Lancaster County
 

Been to Wilbur Chocolate Co.? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

If you own or manage Wilbur Chocolate Co., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.