“Good Concept Poor Delivery” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 29 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: Barbecue
New York state
“Good Concept Poor Delivery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's occasionally nice to go to a franchised or chain restaurant. Sometimes I just want to go somewhere that I no what to expect - decent food and consistency. But, I wouldn't go back unless to Dickey's unless I was in the area (and it's a bit out of the way) and had a coupon with me.
As far as franchised restaurants go, Dickey's has done many things right. They have a good concept, nice atmosphere, interesting decor, middle of the road prices and nice little touches like free ice cream and fancy plastic utensils. They have a good selection of meats and sides. Everything sounds good. The staff had a very couldn't care less attitude and, despite it being the lunch rush, was painfully slow moving.
The actual food was pretty disappointing. Everything on my plate, from the ribs to the mac and cheese, was room temperature. I don't know how they managed to do that since they were busy. My partner's jalapeno sausage was actually cold but his potato salad was warm. The meat on my ribs was far from falling off and the onion straws were soggy with grease. The BBQ sauces were pretty bland.
Despite that, it's not the worst place to eat in Limerick.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“We had it Catered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I didn't go to the restaurant itself but I DID attend a wedding that they catered. Everyone thought the food was really really good. We had pork bbq sliders, brisket and pretty much most of the sides that they offer in the restaurant. The kids could not stop eating the mac and cheese and the brisket. The meat had a nice smokeiness to it, and the bbq sauce that came with it was sweet with a very small bite at the end. After eating it at the wedding I would no doubt visit the actual location for a quick bite!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The worst!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

From the moment we entered the restaurant ....the signage to order was difficult to follow, the staff was rude and disturbed that we were confused about how to order. We would have been better served leaving at that point! The food was possibly the worst barbecue we have ever been served. Truly low end barbecue ....

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pottstown
“FINALLY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We now have a b-que place to visit . food was good. the only thing I did not like is the barbecue sauce too salty.

Visited June 2013
Limerick, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The food here is pretty good. I usually get the pulled pork sandwich. The only problem is that this place is tucked back in a shopping center and it's really easy to miss. Definitely worth a try!

• Visited May 2013