“Did not feel welcome” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Campbell House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ligonier
Campbell House Bed and Breakfast
You added Campbell House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
305 E. Main St., Ligonier, PA 15658   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Ligonier B&B and Inns
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Did not feel welcome”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We were with an atnique car group of 12 people and booked six rooms at the inn. The innkeeper failed to introduce herself to us and was more concerned with where we parked our cars than she was to make us feel welcome. She did not even come out of the kitchen to say good by much less a thank you!! Needless to say we will not return.

• Stayed October 2010
myplace93, Owner at Campbell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Campbell House is in a residential neighborhood and there are full time tenants so I must provide off street parking for all guests; therefore, parking spaces are assigned.
I was not on premises when this group arrived, my staff called me several times as they were run ragged by the group who wanted to do what they wanted.
For the convenience of a heavy man in the group who had a difficult time with stairs-he was given a space in the pad next to the B&B and a residence. He decided to turn the engine on and leave the antique vehicle running so that the fumes came in to the B&B and the neighboring house...we had to ask him to turn off the car as we were getting headaches.
These guests were high maintance guests...couldn't find the ice (in personal refrig freezer) couldn't find ice bucket or cork screw all located next to refrig. Moved all the furniture on porch blocking access to my office-brought indoor furniture out on porch and left it over night. The Dr. in the Campbell Suite was the worst, along with being rude. I took pictures of the suite and porch where they left such a mess-I would be ashamed to leave a place like they did. Cans, bottles, chips and trash left for us.
I went out of my way to give them service. I made reservations at local attractions-then they decided some would go some would not-I smiled while I took the time to change the reservations. I made dinner reservations, provided local map how to get to each-they couldn't remember where or when. These folks had the audacity to go to my housekeepers apartment to ask her where they were to go to eat. She was off work and really upset. There is a phone on the porch to reach me.
I did my best to be nice but these folks who say they put their antique cars on a ship to take to Europe treated us as if they were better. They didn't exhibit any class!
I did not come out of the kitchen as I was cooking breakfast followed by cleaning up as I had another group coming in...my assistant was taking care of the breakfast parlour and I the kitchen so she was there to say good-bye.
This group did not leave a good impression-they just expected way to much. They won't be back because they go some place different each trip. I tried to please but I just couldn't meet the demands.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary at Campbell House Bed & Breakfast, and had yet another lovely stay while there. A year earlier, Patti had planned our elopement and her planning and execution of our wedding was wonderful.

I've stayed at Campbell House with a girlfriend for a "Girl's Retreat," and I've stayed alone simply for some peace. Every stay has been a joy. The rooms are all beautiful, beds are comfortable, I love the different old-fashioned bathtubs, the all around comfort and privacy are what I've needed, and the breakfasts have all been delicious.

I look forward to more stays at Campbell House.

Kittanning, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Just spent a fantastic week-end in Ligonier. Beautiful weather, nice guests to mingle with-enjoyed the porch, a glass of wine and intimate conversation. We love the Laurel Highlands, Ligonier and our favorite getaway...Campbell House!
We brought another ornament for the guest tree in our suite for Patti and her guests to enjoy and discuss. We visited relatives, friends old and new...now we can't wait to come back next year.
Note: We had to cancel our reservation two years ago, paid the cancellation fee with out a problem. Every business has business practices especially when it comes to cancellations. We lost a large deposit at a beach resort because of a death. Just don't know what the problem is. Oh well, I hope any one wanting a great getaway, delicious breakfast, and a warm and friendly atmosphere...and the Laurel Highlands choose Campbell House.

Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

This was the third time we've stayed with Patti, each time better than the previous. We were in Ligonier for the Fort Ligonier Days, so we stayed October 8th and 9th. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and had all the little amentties that pamper you during your stay. Breakfast is always something to look forward to, and she made everything even more special Saturday, the day of the town parade. My wife and I had a wonderful stay,
and look forward to our next stay. Patti goes out of her way to spoil you, almost like staying with a relative. Thanks again Patti, see you next time.

Jefferson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

My husband and I have been staying at Patti's Campbell House twice a year for the last 5 or 6 years and have loved every visit. We have gotten to be friendly with Patti and always look forward to seeing her. We understand she is running a business and has certain rules and guidelines that we as guests need to follow. This has never been a problem for us, as we have always read and made sure we understood the fine print at any place that we stay. We would recommend staying at Patti's to anyone as the Hostess, the House and the Town are all totally awesome.
Laura & Carroll B
Jefferson, MD

Euclid, Oh, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Booked reservations 9/16 for 4 sisters. Younger sister died 9/28, and I cancelled that very day. Patti charged us $60.00, as we had two rooms she had to unbook, and she was adament that she must carry through with HER BUSINESS POLICIES. We recommend you avoid this place like the plague. If Patti has no problem being unmindful of the death of a customer, how do you suppose she is with the living? Oh my!
The 3 surviving sisters will never patronize Campbell House, nor any other B&B with such heartless "rules". We'd prefer a clean, well appointed motel, that allows all charges dropped with a 24 hr. notice. Pam Teckmyer

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Campbell House B&B has a cancellation policy which is posted on line, given on the phone and sent with the confirmation as was done in this case.

The same cancellation/refund policy was followed with this person as with all others. One can not decide to dislike the policy only when it effects them during a cancellation. This woman could have canceled the same day as she made the reservation after reading the cancellation policy. Every cancellation and or date modification has a service fee...this is a business and it wouldn't have been fair for me to not charge her just because she called me names and threatened me. As I explained to this woman...if I don't charge you I would have to give money back to all those who have paid it.
My advise is to check cancellation policies...if you don't find it meets your needs then select a lodging establishment that does.
Millersville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband and I have visited the Campbell House at least 4 times now and have loved every visit. Patty is a no nonsense lovely lady who puts her heart and soul into everything she does. Our first visit started late in the evening and we walked into a room that was delicately lit and filled with lovely soothing music. What a welcome after a longer than usual drive! The next morning we were served in our suite because we were celebrating a special event. We could not have felt more welcome!

Now we go back for anniversaries, birthdays and family reunions. Patty is a fabulous person who goes out of her way to make our stay extra special each time we visit. We will definitely be visiting again. If you're lucky, maybe she'll fix her famous pears for you. :o)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Campbell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!