“"carryout" prepared Pigs in a blanket so disappointing - dry and tough” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Darlington Inn

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“"carryout" prepared Pigs in a blanket so disappointing - dry and tough”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Bought a whole tray of Hungarian pigs in the blanket from their tent at the Ligonier Farm market and they were the toughest - driest pig in a blanket I have ever had. So very disappointing - but, just thankful I didn't use them when we had guests!
The first batch, I thought maybe I had over cooked them - so the 2nd batch I put in a slow cooker on low and even added water and extra kraut to moisten them up and keep them tender... they were a bit better - but- just overall disappointing. I am Hungarian (2nd generation) -- so, I really wanted to love them.
I will say they were the best "wrapped" piggies I have ever seen - the way she tucked the corner into the meat itself - secured the cabbage from slipping off - very clever.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“Club dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had dinner with members of a local club we belong to. Served appetizers, drinks, salad, entree and dessert. Very enjoyable.

Visited September 2012
Chantilly, Virginia
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The owner herself treated us at our table and the accordion music was great fun. Food was a buffet which was authentic and delicious! Looking forward to returning soon!

Visited July 2013
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
“Hungarian Home Cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We've been to the Darlington Inn twice: Once for a Saturday night buffet, with enjoyable accordion music and singing, and once for the regular menu. Before each dinner, a bowl of delicious, homemade soup is served. The service is friendly, the food yummy, and the owner/chef comes out to greet you.

Visited June 2013
Donegal;PA
“Good homestyle meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great place for good home made cooking. nothing fancy just very good comfort food. Hungarian cuisine, stuffed cabbage rolls like my grandmother used to make. If you like Pierogies this is the place to go!

Visited May 2012