“Good food, Great beer, Live entertainment” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“Good food, Great beer, Live entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I'm a local. I eat here atleast 3 times a week. I read the other reviews and will offer my opinion.

Synopsis- This place has good food and great craft beers at great prices. They also have free live entertaiment.

Details- 1) Food- Breakfast is great. Best kept secret in town. Lunches and dinner are good.
I have had almost all their sandwiches...all good or great.
Wings nachos and pizzas are good. I have had their all you can eat
spaghetti. It was ok...but for 3.99 I'm not complaining.

2) Beer- Great craft beer selection at great prices. They had dogfish 120 on tap!
They also have a decent bottle selection.

3) Service- The bartenders are good. Waitresses nice. My only complaint is that
sometimes during bands it takes some time to get served. I think they
could use a 3rd bartender for certain bands. The kitchen can be slow
depending on how busy they are.

4) Entertainment- Local bands ..NO COVER. Really has given us locals something
to do in town. Some bands can get loud but the place is large
and you can get away from the speakers if it is too loud.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland
“Googly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate dinner here. The food was good, service excellent and a lot of local ambiance. Not a fancy place as it is part of a bowling alley ...so the noise level is a bit high.. however, it was fun and the kids liked it.

Visited August 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

After having read good reviews on Trip Advisor, I was disappointed with both the food and service at this restaurant. The pasta was not very good, nachos OK. I wouldn't recommend it!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sunset Beach, North Carolina, United States
“LOUD Music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I am a local of Ligonier, and the Wicked Googly was the best thing to ever happen to the local nightlife for twenty-somethings. The other bars of Ligonier are good, but more old-boy regulars sitting watching the game. The Googly shows sports on the tvs, but they also have live music and specials a few times a week. Once in awhile they get Creme Brulee on tap and I am in heaven. Pizza is good too. My one complaint is that the space is small (because it is in what used to be the arcade area of the bowling alley) so when there is a live band, don't plan on conversing with your friends because you will not be able to hear a word they say unless you are yelling in eachother's ears. Try to sit in the far booth instead of the tables closer to the door - you'll have a better chance of maintaining conversation.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“Don't miss this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had breakfast, lunch & dinner here at different times, of course. We really love it for a casual meal. Breakfast is a bargain & very good to boot. It is now our go-to place in town for that meal (we live in Ligonier). I have had the meatball sub & also the cuban sandwich. Both are excellent. My husband also had the cuban & loved it. A friend had the fish sandwich & also loved it. Terrific beer selection & the staff are just wonderful. Don't be put off by the fact its in a bowling alley. It is still the best place in town!

• Visited July 2012