“As charming as the town itself” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“As charming as the town itself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Walking the lovely town of Ligonier, Pa, you cannot miss the old fashioned building of Ligonier Tavern on West Main Street. With its charming facade and magnificent old world style, it's clearly one of the best atmospheres to have a great meal in this town. Never been disappointed in the meals, and today I had Lobster salad which was amazing and a lovely Sangria for lunch.

I cannot say enough however about our waitress, Chrissy. What a lovely young lady, talkative, friendly, as charming as the tavern itself. A wonderfully accomodating girl, we were served promptly and courteously. She certainly is a someone to ask for when eating at this establishment.

Would I return here? In a heartbeat! We ate on the outdoor front balcony today and though it was a bit chilly, the warm atmosphere of the building itself coupled with Chrissy's demenaor made for a most pleasant time.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very dissapointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We went to the Ligonier Tavern for Sunday Lunch/Dinner and were very disappointed with both the food and service. After we sat down it took almost 15 minutes before our waitress even came to our table. Once there she only asked if we needed something to drink. Five minutes later she brought our drinks to the table and asked if we were ready to order. She did not explain if there were any dinner specials or if we had any questions. We both ordered entrees (Boat Scallops @ $24.99 and Seafood Risotto @ $21.99). We thought this would include a salad or soup but when we questioned the waitress she simply said they do not. She did not even ask if we would like to order a side salad or soup. I have had many risottos and this one was the worst ever. The risotto was undercooked and over salted. Really, salty risotto, who does this?
We went there for a nice Sunday meal and left still feeling hungry and like we just wasted $60+ on a bad meal.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
peter M, Owner at Ligonier Tavern, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I am sorry for the experience you had at the Tavern. That weekend we had 2 cooks call off and 2 servers call off. I know that is not your problem, but it made for a very rough weekend for us. Please come by and try us again because that is not our usual service or food. Thank you.
Pennsylvania
“Going down hill fast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This little place used to be quaint. It used to be clean. It used to have good food. None of the above apply anymore. I visited last Friday for lunch and I was so disappointed. The tables, floor and décor were grimy / sticky / dusty / dirty! They were out of most selections from the menu and what we did eat, although eatable, it wasn't worth ordering again. I certainly won't be going back anytime soon unless something drastically changes.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
peter M, Manager at Ligonier Tavern, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I am sorry you had that experience at the Tavern. It was a difficult weekend because I had 2 servers and 2 cooks call off Saturday and Sunday. I know that this will not make your experience any better, but we do care about you and hope that you would return and experience us as we usually are.
Donegal;PA
“Lunch with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Very good lunch with friends. We all had salads which were plentiful and filling. Good attentive service.It was a beautiful day and we were able to sit on the second floor terrace outside with a nice view of Main Street.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SC
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Wish I could tell you how the food was but sadly we never got to try it. We were so excited to try this restaurant. But upon entering we waited around 4 minutes for anyone even to appear to seat us. Several servers were working but every time they walked by they avoided eye contact. We got the feeling they did not want us there. Finally someone seated us. She said I will bring you some silverware. She never came back. After waiting 15 minutes no one ever came. I went towards the kitchen where there were several servers and asked for the manager. I was told there was no manager. I said we have been here over 15 minutes and dont even have a glass of water. No apology. Nothing. We left.