“Adorable and welcoming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pineapple Inn

Pineapple Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewisburg
Pineapple Inn
You added Pineapple Inn to your Saves list
439 Market Street, Lewisburg, PA 17837   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Lewisburg B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Adorable and welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in town for a wedding, and stayed at the inn for two nights. Charles was very welcoming upon our arrival, and we chatted about where we were from and the occasion of our visit. Since we arrived at dinnertime, he gave us restaurant recommendations (which turned out to be excellent). He also informed us that his wife was out of town that weekend so he was doing the work of two, but that we could call him at any time if we needed something.

Charles showed us to the inn's beautiful Canterbury Room; we were immediately impressed with the decor, and we couldn't help but say "adorable!" about every piece of art and furniture. He talked to us a bit about the room and its furnishings — most of which apparently belonged to the Archbishop of Canterbury. He explained some of the "rules" of the house — leave the door cracked while we're out, park on the side street where we wouldn't be ticketed. He asked us what our schedule would be like the following day so that he knew when we could be expected at breakfast (between 8 and 9), and when he could make up our room.

The accommodations were comfortable, though the mattress was a bit soft, and the claw-foot tub shower wasn't particularly strong. My boyfriend (who is very tall) was a little worried about knocking things over, so moved around the inn with extra care. The room was provided with free wi-fi, lovely shampoos and soaps, and (adorable) pineapple-shaped chocolates. Breakfast was delicious both mornings (complete with crispy bacon!), and we had pleasant conversations with Charles and the other guests.

We had two friends arriving just before the wedding and departing right after, and they asked to change in our room. I checked with Charles, and he said that wouldn't be a problem, and offered to bring us more towels if we needed them. They were just as impressed with the inn as we were, and wished they could've stayed.

All in all, it was a lovely stay. The inn was charming, and Charles was very hospitable and accommodating host.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vallejo, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

While the rooms are lovely, and the period furnishings beautiful ,but the place is so full of "decorations", collections, miniatures, etc, I felt that I had to watch my elbows and feet at all times. I was there for my 50th Bucknell Reunion, and a friend booked the room. I hadn't read the reviews...my fault. Reunion Weekends Lewisburg is packed, but surprise, surprise, Pineapple Inn had vacancies. In, fact, since I prefer a private room and my friend who booked had taken the room with 2 twin beds, I paid for another room. I was told it would be ready in 1/2 hour. 2 hours later I was still waiting. Had to be out for the room from 12-4 every day.....no exceptions. When I came back at 4 to dress for an event, they hadn't cleaned my room yet and wouldn't even let me use the bathroom. (There is no common bath or 1/2 bath in the Inn.). Waited 1/2 hour to get into my room. By the way, we had asked that our rooms not be cleaned as both of us left the beds made, towels hung up, everything put away. Deb told us later that it was their policy to clean the rooms every day, and change the beds and towels because guests make stains and the sheets and towels are very expensive. (They're Ralph Lauren----not my idea of expensive.)

On Sunday, I requested a hard boiled egg as I had a tour booked for 9 AM on campus. Charles said OK, and I put the egg (no plastic bag) in my purse. It was soft boiled, broke and I had egg all over everything - camera, phone, wallet, credit cards -----.

Charles did recommend some good restaurants, and the inn is conveniently located. Stay someplace else if you go to Lewisburg.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Airmont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

There is a loveliness to staying at a B & B. The Pineapple Inn fulfills this charm in a few ways. It is spotless in its cleanliness and decorated beautifully. It's location on Market St and proximity to Bucknell are perfect. However, that is where it's charm ends. The proprietors are extremely rigid and formal and overly "interested" in your comings and goings. From the moment we attempted to checkin 20 minutes prior to the official time only to be sent away, I knew this was not going to be an accommodating experience. Breakfast was served between 8 - 9, with no exception. We only ate breakfast one morning bc our weekend away included extra rest, and it was merely adequate. Tasty but meager. Doors were locked at 12:00 am unless you called to say you were you going to be later. And if you were not in your room, you were asked to leave the door ajar so they knew if you were there. On a positive note, the nightly rate was very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013
Lambertville, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you are looking for a great place to stay in the area, go to the Selinsgrove Inn, in Selinsgrove. A short distance from Lewisburg. The service is exceptional. The owners are wonderful people. They really are customer service oriented. If you plan on making reservations at the Pineapple Inn in Lewisburg, make sure you understand that if an act of God hits and you are unable to make it the the Inn, they don't care and will still charge you. They don't even have the dignity to respond to you. Someday they may find themselves in the same situation and I hope they get the same treatment. So Lisa D I totally agree with you, stay somewhere else DO NOT USE THIS INN. Trust me go to the Selinsgrove inn. You will defintely want to go back again and again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in the Family Room on the eve of Hurricane Sandy (literally) to sneak in a quick visit to Bucknell University. I found the B&B through the Bucknell webiste and made a reservation without taking the time to check any online reviews. The Pineapple Inn turned out to be the perfect find for us (although it is probably not for everyone -- more on that later). We arrived in the evening rain to find the Inn on the Corner of Market Street -- right downtown and within walking distance of several restaurants. The owner, Charles was very nice about making recommendations and offering directions.

The Family Room is accessed from a back stairway in the Dining Room. The Family Room is really just two rooms off a narrow hallway that is separated from the main landing with some shutter doors that close. Neither the shutters nor the rooms lock -- so if you find that troublesome this is not the place for you. One room has a Queen bed and the other room has two twin beds. The beds are very comfortable with crisp, fresh sheets, and the decor is lovely and in keeping with an old-fashioned inn. The biggest downside is that the rooms are VERY SMALL (we only saw the Family Room so the others may be larger). If you are a larger person, or tend to feel claustrophobic, this is not the place for you. In the Queen room, aside from the bed there is a wardrobe and a wing chair, and a small amount of space to get around. The bathroom consists of two rooms -- a WC with a sink and a tiny toilet, and a room with a tiny shower. We did not mind this at all -- in fact, it added to the charm in a strange way -- but you should be aware in advance so you have proper expectations.

Charles and Deb were lovely and welcoming. The main rooms were charming. We arrived downstairs around 7:30 AM for some coffee and to read the paper and watch the hurricane reports on the news. Breakfast is served in the charming Dining Room between 8:00-9:00 AM. There is a single table, and we shared it with another couple staying at the Inn for some great conversation. Farm fresh organic eggs were the main attraction that day -- served any way we wanted - along with apple smoked bacon and thick pieces of toast with local jam and OJ. If you have any special dietary needs, they are happy to accommodate (easier if you tell them in advance). One of the guests had requested oatmeal, which she had with a roll and apple. There was also yummy looking granola on the sideboard. Breakfast was included in the price.

We didn't stay long, and with the storm moving in we were too preoccupied to explore the Inn or the Town any further, but we would definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Boy am I sorry I didn't read ALL the previous reviews! We arrived around 5 and were told our room wasn't ready. He told us to sit on the couch which was about 4 inches off the ground and he stood over us, apparently stalling. We felt like bad kids in the principal's office and we're in our 50's! He told us of the no eating policy and how there had been horrible eating disasters in the past. He seemed horrified that we had a lunchbag cooler with us but we told him it only contained fruit. He said we must eat it downstairs and not in the room. Finally around 5:30 HE took our bags to the room. It wasn't the room I requested, (just the night before). He said the carpet in that room had been stained and that we should go to dinner and it would be ready when we got back. Came back at 6:45 and he told us to sit on the couch again as the room wasn't ready. 7:00 (3hrs after check-in) we became annoyed and told him we wanted to go to the room. He told us to go out again! Apparently while we were at dinner he moved our belongings out of the first room but forgot our clothes because another guest was found wondering the hallway with our clothes in hand! We explained to him we already paid for the room and expected to be in it and he told us we didn't pay for anything yet! 7:15 we left and had an enjoyable experience at the Hampton Inn. DO NOT USE THIS INN!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

The owners are lovely and will do anything to make you comfortable. They are what a true B&B is all about. If you go to Lewisburg and don't stay there, you are making a big mistake. No one is paying me to write this...I truly love Charlie and Deb's home and hospitality. It is my home away from because I have to frequent the area nowadays. Cozy - yummy - and Charlie's description of the chickens that laid the eggs for breakfast, along with the bacon, is priceless. And right across the street from a fab restaurant Elizabeth's. Don't worry they will tell you everywhere to go if you like. DO NOT MISS THIS TREAT! Theodora

Room Tip: stayed in 2 room in front on second floor - both great. Every room is unique and special with a h...