“Horrible! Do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lester
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Horrible! Do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was passing through town for a business meeting. I arrived at the hotel at around 1:30 am. The clerk was really nice and accommodating. The room was not inviting at all. The carpets were extremely old and stained. My bathroom door did not shut, so it stayed open every time I had to go to the bathroom. I needed to get in a few hours of sleep as I had to get up by 6 am. I had the worst experience as someone in the room right next to me got in and turned their TV on so loud that I could hear every word coming out of it. I called the front desk, knocked on their door but nothing. In the end I kinda dozed of maybe for an hour or so and guess what ... I wake up at 6;30 am and the TV is still on and some one had tried breaking into my rental car that was parked right outside my room. I go to my car and there are dents on the top of the doors of my rental ... so I am assuming that some one tried to break in with a crow bar. Thank god I had rental insurance. Anyway long story short ... my stay here was the worst 5 hours I could ever spend in a budget hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rovena M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Goodmorning,

Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel.

Rovena Mitchell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chevy Chase, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Mrs Too and I stayed here one night prior to flying to Bermuda and then one more upon our return. It is an EconoLodge so we weren’t expecting anything more than a good night’s sleep and a decent dinner. I state positively that we got both. We have stayed at who knows how many better motels, but we have certainly run across a goodly number of worse. No one would expect raves about a $70 room, but we are dumbfounded at the harsh experiences of other guests.

We arrived around five o’clock, were greeted by a very courteous and capable clerk, and made arrangements for a 6:30AM lift to the airport, as well as parking our car for the duration. Our room was on the second floor of an outdoor corridor, so we did have to bump our luggage up a flight of stairs, but we found our room to be entirely satisfactory. We didn’t make a forensic inspection of the room, but there was no apparent sign of dirt, burn marks, or any other obnoxious flaws. We walked to a modest but good dinner at the Chinese restaurant right on the same campus and retired quite content. In the morning, our driver arrived on the button, took us to our departure zone, and explained the procedure for summoning him when we got back. Five days later, we called the hotel, told him why we had called, and were advised to wait at arrival zone 4. In about ten minutes, our ride pulled up (same van, different driver), and ten minutes more found us at the check-in desk, our bags tucked safely in the lobby. That morning, since we had no deadline to meet, we breakfasted on sausage patties sans ketchup, waffles and fruit in the same restaurant, on the house.

To repeat, I am not going to tell you the experience was great, but I certainly would not counsel avoiding this place as a matter of principle. To our mind, you would be passing up a bargain. I would add that upon checking out very early in the morning both times, the NO VACANCY light was still on in the window.

Room Tip: 221 (outbund) and 226 (returning) were both perfectly acceptable
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rovena M, Manager at Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Goodmorning,
Thank you so much for responding to this survey. We will continue to try to give you the best stay for your money. We hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

So, I was only staying here one night to flight out of the airport, as most people have done. I didn't feel like paying too much money, so I decided to ignore the reviews here and go ahead and stay here. I am warning you, DON'T DO IT!!!! The room was dirty, the blanket had rips in it on top, the bathroom shower had mold in it and it was in SUCH a shady place! I did not feel safe, the doors could easily have been broken into, and there was definitely some suspicious activity going on. I will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Goodmorning: Thank you for responding to this survey. I am so sorry for any inconvenience you incurred while you stayed at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology. I have spoken to our housekeeping department about the condition of your guest room. We will try harder in the future to make all of our guest;s stay a pleasant one.

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed at this hotel the night before flying out of Philly. It was 2 miles from PHL. The place was horrible. There were cigarette burn marks on chairs in the room, markings on the walls, tub won't drain and ice makers in the hallway that don't work. Stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: There might not be a good room in this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rovena M, General Manager at Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Goodmorning,
Thank you for responding to this survey. First please accept my sincere apology for the condition of your guest room. Housekeeping has been reprimanded. We will try harder in the future to make your stay and clean and pleasant one.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel is located between a water land area and a busy airport.

We only stayed here as there were no other rooms in town on the night - and it felt a little unsafe for some female colleagues I was travelling with. A few odd looking people hanging around the carpark and hotel room doors that looked easy to force.

I have to say I have stayed in worse places in my life - and I didnt find it too bad for the price paid.

Go somewhere else for breakfast as the offering was extremely basic.

Room Tip: Stay away from the road and airport if you can!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stanwood, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I recently stayed here the night prior to flying out of Philadelphia. It was the least expensive option and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. There were hairs on pillow, hairs in tub, sink was filthy, and I was sent across the parking lot to the Quality Inn to get ice. There was a large moldy/black/yucky spot on the ceiling above the AC unit. The bed was comfortable but needed updating. The comforter had cigarette holes all over it. The locks on the door also sucked and did not make me feel comfortable in the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Clearfield, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had come down to Philadelphia for a family funeral and this place was horrible. It was filthy. there was dust and sticky spots all over. Mold on the toilet. bathroom floor was not clean there looked like gum stuck to the floor. We asked for a non smoking room because of my father has health problems and it smelled strongly of smoke that was tried to be covered by mens cologne. there was cigarette burns all through the room and there was ashes all over. The door was damaged like it had been broken into and the door was hard to open and close. We asked for a rollaway bed which the website had said for $10 they had them but they didn't. My daughter had to sleep with my father which was not right. There was supposed to be wifi and there was none at all. they did not supply us with enough towels even when we went to front desk. we understand this is a travel hotel that is by the airport, but it should still be taken better care of.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!