“Something different and aw-inspiring” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster

Save Saved
You added The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster to your Saves list
The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38 Deborah Drive, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Leola, PA 17540   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leola
New Providence, Pennsylvania, United States
“Something different and aw-inspiring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were in room #605. It was like a european palace room. The free standing rainforest shower in the stone bathroom was incredible. There was a huge jacuzzi tub for 2 that had more jets than Boeing. The bed and the fireplace made you feel like you were in a villa in Tuscany. From the greeting in the lobby, and the walk to the room, the reception was perfect and accomodating. The overall decor of the whole Inn was a very charming "Italian" feel with a warm ambience'. We have stayed in most hotels in the Lancaster area, and this, by far, is the very best. If you're looking for royal treatment in a royal setting, with fantastic food and restaurant availability right on the property, then LOOK NO FURTHER. This is the best in Lancaster County that you will find. Here, you truly get what you pay for, and much more. Eat at Osteria Avanti during the week, and make a reservation at Te' on Friday or Saturday night. Treat yourself and those you love to the very best Lancaster County has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for the tobacco barn rooms near the pool. They will surpass any expectations you may have.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had a fabulous time in jan 2013. We are going back for our 25th anniversary in march
most elegant and romantic room in the world at the poolside suites in the barn. Best meal in the world at the restaurant ,nice breakfast. Quiet setting We will be back often as a weekend getaway we only live about 15 miles away

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate our anniversary (Saturday and Sunday nights). The service was very good at check in and everyone was very friendly. The property decor is very nice and welcoming.
We stayed in a parlor suite, which was lovely. We had a little living room (parlor) with a coffee table, couch, arm chair, desk, and flat screen TV with DVD player. It also had a little kitchen area with a small fridge, coffee maker, microwave.
There was a separate bedroom with a king bed, and other beautiful furniture. Separating the parlor and the bedroom was a little hallway with sink and vanity, and the bathroom.
The room was very nice, we enjoyed the decor (old fashioned but in a good way), the beautiful wood furniture, it felt very homey.
We had booked the 2 night stay package which included a dinner (with wine included!). We ate in the casual restaurant (still fancier than what we are used to) on Sunday night and it was nice because it was so quiet (only one other couple dining). The food was VERY VERY GOOD. Steak was excellent. We were very happy with our meal and the service. When we got back to our room we had arranged to have a rose petal turndown and chocolate covered strawberries...it was very romantic. We also had the free breakfast in the same restaurant each morning, and although it was simple, it was enough for us and we were happy with it.
My only complaint is this: the first night that we were there, Saturday night, there was a wedding on the property and apparently there were lots of people from the wedding party staying at our hotel (it sounded like drunk groomsmen). They were hanging out in front of our building (the lancaster house) for a long time (at least an hour) while we were trying to go to sleep, and then when they came inside, they continued to be very loud...it would not have been a big deal if the walls weren't so thin. When they walked down the hallway past our room, it sounded like they were right next to us. When they got to their rooms and continued to talk, it sounded like they were in our parlor. Very distracting....and if we could hear them, I'm sure they could hear us. Not what you want for a romantic getaway!!!! The next morning we could still hear them as they woke up, got ready for their day, up untl we heard them rolling their suitcases down the hallway to check out.
Overall, it was very nice. We had a great stay, aside from the paper thin walls (which wasn't an issue after the first night since it seemed like the hotel pretty much cleared out after the wedding and our 2nd night, Sunday, we didn't hear anything). I would go back again, but I'll probably try a few more inns in the Lancaster area that are on my list before I return for a second stay...and next time I will try to get one of the bridal suites.

Room Tip: The parlor suites in the lancaster house have thin walls.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My daughter and son planned an evening getaway for my husband and I for Christmas. We arrived on a Saturday in January. We arrived at the Inn at approximately 2:45pm and were checked into our room. The room was very nice, we then called our daughter to let her know we had arrived she was very excited as she had ordered chocolate strawberries and wine as a surprise for us neither was in the room. We went down to the Lounge for a glass of wine and I stopped at the front desk to let them know about the missing items and spoke with Tim he informed me that we checked in prior to the 3:00 guaranteed time so that's why the items were not there. I told him to cancel the items as the whole purpose was a surprise for weekend. He did offer to comp us a bottle of Champagne which I declined as neither my husband or I drink Champagne.
The next morning we went to take a shower and the handle to the water supply fell off in my hand. I called the front desk to report the problem and mentioned that we were usable to activate the shower. The clerk acknowledged my call but did nothing to assist. Irregardless of the staff we encountered at this property my husband and I had a wonderful trip away. It just seemed like the staff had a case of the winter blues and it showed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I traveled to the hotel in November for romantic getaway with my boyfriend. I was very impressed with both the high level of service and warm/inviting decor in every room. From the very start of our visit, the staff were there to make our stay fantastic. The check in process made us feel very welcome and everyone at the hotel couldn't do enough to make us feel comfortable. Our room was spectacular with a large king bed, fireplace and Jacuzzi tub. The manager even took the time to welcome us to the hotel with a lovely bottle of wine. During our stay at the hotel I was able to go to the spa for some treatments. I had the best massage with Bob. He was amazing and the spa facilities were very relaxing. The food at the restaurant was delicious and the cuisine was 5 star. We were very surprised at the level of quality and unique dishes on the menu. We had a fabulous weekend at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway in a charming inn. Thank you to the staff for an amazing weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Leola Village is one of those truly remarkable and one of a kind places. It really is a village, with somewhere around 15 different buildings, and each one has been painstakingly restored. Every facet of your experience is thoughtfully designed from beginning to end, starting with Jess at the front desk, who scores an 11 out of 10 on the personality meter. The main Inn is beautifully designed, and just when you start thinking that you'd like to do something like this in your own home, you realize that everything is for sale, even down to the lamps and couches. It's a truly amazing touch. We had the great luck of going during the holiday season and the Inn looked magical with all the decorations. Our room was a converted tobacco barn that was beautifully restored. It was large and had a combination bathroom, jacuzzi,and shower that was incredible. The food at the restaurant was delivious, and the cuisine was far more sophisticated than I was expecting. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. We were surprised to find that they had a complete spa on the premises, and like the rest of the Inn, we were impressed with its professionalism. Thanks for providing a magical weekend for us Leola Village!

Room Tip: Ask for the converted tobacco barn. It has a combination jacuzzi and shower room that is amazing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stumbled upon this location for a marriage ceremony site and reception. They have multiple sized areas to accommodate either a large party or small dinner. We ended up with a full ceremony and site down dinner for 100 people at the Bella dining room. They were BY FAR the most attentive, accomodating people I have ever been involved with. I have worked in the hospitality business and had very high expectations for my wedding day, while also not stressing about the 'small things'. I never had to stress. Kaci W, the Coordinater- FANTASTIC! Brandt on the day of was phenominal (they all were). The service was impecible, they even delivered things to our rooms for us as we cleaned up for the night.

They have everything you could possibly need for your wedding - a florist, the coordinators, bakery, photographers, even stylists (for men and women). Everything else they had recommended businesses they have used with wonderful service. We already had a guest baking our cakes and they were very helpful in accommodating us.

My only "frustration" was the florist in that she was not great in communications with me and I worried that it wouldn't be my 'vision'. But even that ended up wonderful. They did all the set up and clean up.

They set us up in a wonderful bridal suite for the 2 nights we were there. From the first moment of us 'dropping in' to see what the place even looked like, until we walked out the door on Sunday, we were catered to, pampered, and showered with some amazing service.

We only got engaged in August of 2012 and our wedding was Dec 22nd 2012. We found the Inn in October. Because we were flexible in our dates we managed to get just what we wanted and in great timing! Jess from the front desk (the dark haired one - no offense to the blonde one) was AMAZING! She showed us around the first day we showed up, showed us all of the rooms we wanted to see, knew answers to almost all of our questions and directed us to what we needed to do next. We saw her again when we checked in for the wedding. She remembered us and was again a phenominal help as we checked in and got all of our supplies for the wedding inside and organized.

The wedding dinner was wonderful and the service excellent. They really paid attention to the bride and groom and made sure we didn't want for anything. We were able to be in the bar after the celebration to continue with those that wanted to. As we had a bunch of late night partiers in our guests it was a great end to the day. I did make sure that my guests that I KNEW would be in bed earlier or would be bothered by outside noises stayed in one of the other buildings. Since we stayed in the hotel the night before and heard the wedding party from that night, we knew it wasn't sound proof (we didn't care but didn't want to distrurb our guests).

The breakfast the next morning was a little disappointing - many of us thought it was breakfast until 11 am but it ended at 10 am. It was REALLY great food, but some was cold and there wasn't much of a variety. One of my guests has food delivered to our room - that was great (because we microwaved it up there) but some other guests mentioned it wasn't very warm.

We have already decided we will be coming back for our anniversary each year. All of our guests raved about the event, we raved about the event and I recommend this place to anyone looking for a fantastic, high class, wonderful place for anyone to hold an event - whether it is a wedding, special dinner, birthday or other great occassion. THANK YOU Traci!!

Room Tip: If you are not part of the wedding celebration and you want to go to bed before the wedding party ha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster? Share your experiences!