“A Birthday Celebration to Remember” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster

You added The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster to your Saves list
The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38 Deborah Drive, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Leola, PA 17540   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leola
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Birthday Celebration to Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Inn at Leola Village was a remarkable venue for my mother’s surprise birthday celebration! The day started with treatments for four at the Destinations Spa which was akin to a holiday getaway. Our dear friend in attendance stated, “the moment I walked through the spa door I felt my stress beginning to melt away.” By the end of our time at the spa, it felt like we had spent an entire day in luxury.

The surprise dinner party was picturesque; the décor provided the ambiance. Guests consistently commented throughout the evening about the restaurant: “absolutely gorgeous,” “quite lovely,” “so fancy!” The food served for our family style feast was beyond delicious, according to many. The cakes were fit for queens! (We celebrated our friend’s birthday too.)

At the conclusion of our grand night, we settled into our cozy Inn beds. The Ada Fisher cottage was a sanctuary for peace and we found ourselves hoping to become snowed in during the night so we could stay a little longer. Guests who stayed in other rooms enjoyed a quiet, restful sleep in their elegant rooms.

From beginning through the bittersweet end, the staff members of the Inn at Leola Village were incredible. Our Destinations Spa Event Planner Alanna was a pleasure to work with and provided a spa schedule that flowed with ease, while still accommodating our time considerations. The spa personnel really made our time spent there enjoyable.
Our Event Planner for the dinner celebration was also a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. Kelly worked with my hectic schedule via emails and phone calls to accommodate planning. Upon arrival to the restaurant, it was quite evident that she had taken all of my requests as well as hopes into consideration. Every member of the wait staff was pleasant and quite accommodating. They worked cohesively to not only meet our guests’ needs, but to really make them feel special.

This birthday celebration was truly an occasion to remember thanks to the Inn at Leola Village!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Audubon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

One of the best decisions I have ever made was to have my wedding reception at TE' and my ceremony at the pre-function room in the Casa Di Fiori (located at the Inn at Leola Village). It took me TWO YEARS to find the “perfect” venue for my smaller wedding, to the point where I was so frustrated and confused, that I thought I was going to push my wedding back another year again. All I wanted was something that felt "right." Then finally, after looking at over a dozen venues in central and northeast PA, I found TE’.

Despite all the praise I received about how lovely my wedding was, I think what means the most to me is how much my husband loved The Inn at Leola Village. He is the laid-back type that only needed to show up at the wedding without caring much about the planning process. However, from the moment he arrived to Inn at Leola Village, he was literally speechless and I have never seen him enjoy himself so much. He was so comfortable at TE’, that I know we couldn’t have found a better place to get married and then celebrate. We both really miss our wedding day, BECAUSE of where we had it. I wish I could relive it over and over again.

The warm colors at TE', unique décor tailored to the season, beautiful grounds, and accommodating staff are phenomenal. It’s hard to find a venue with everything you want without being forced to make compromises along the way (whether it is cost, ambience, service, menu selection, etc.). TE' was a dream come true, as I did not have to sacrifice any factors that were important to me. You do not even need to worry about decorations, as this venue is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. My photographers were in heaven. There is a quaint courtyard off the restaurant, which was solely for us to use- the men loved having their cigars out there.
Stephanie, as well as the food and beverage director, transformed the floor into an unforgettable dinner and reception area. Nothing can get more picturesque than being served warm apple cider with sugared rims prior to the ceremony, having dinner next to two lit fireplaces, and lavish furniture and décor throughout the restaurant/venue space- so intimate and cozy! Additionally, my guests are still raving about the exceptional service. The staff went the extra mile in making my day seem extra special- they were prompt, dedicated, and polite. I do not even know where to begin with the food. We had a wonderful 5-course meal! The menu selection is diverse and they will work with you if you have vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free guests. It is obvious the staff is well-trained; ensuring there was never an empty glass in the room, and always making sure we were satisfied. They even added a little surprise at the end of dinner which everyone absolutely LOVED! :) You can have the most delicious meal in the nicest venue, but if the service isn’t great-- THAT is what guests will remember.
The only reason I will not give TE’ a 5/5 is because we were forced to end our party early, due to noise complaints- which made me upset. Hotel rooms right above the bar is poor planning, and it is a shame we were punished by that. Just keep that in mind if you have any partiers. If not, then you'll be fine. The hotel rooms are gorgeous, but again walls are SO thin. All night I kept thinking other people were in our room, but they were just in the next room over and not even being loud in my opinion.

I am a visual coordinator for 5-star properties, so I have pretty high standards and can be picky. I was blown away by TE’s attention to detail, creativity, flexibility, understanding, and service. Stephanie is an effective event director: positive, calm, caring, and intelligent- an ideal person to be there for you on your most important day. My bridal party could not believe how calm I was during the hours leading up to the ceremony- but it is all thanks to Stephanie and her team. They are very skilled in what they do and you need to trust her (which you will find is very easy to do after meeting her).

Cory, the pastry chef, exceeded my expectations, transforming my cake sketch into a masterpiece… taking in every single detail I wanted and taking it to the next level. I will add pictures soon. Not only did the cake look great, but it tasted just as good as it looked. Tracy is so patient, and is one of the most talented florists around. She really listens to what you have to say. More so, she made the ceremony space look gorgeous- large pillar candles, rose petals sprinkled up the aisle, candelabras, and beautiful flower arrangements. All were quick to respond to my (many) emails, and remained very professional throughout. Both of my sisters want to have their weddings at The Inn at Leola Village now too- and I hope they do so I can come back as soon as possible!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as members of a Trafalgar tour. The hotel room we were allocated was a suite with separate sitting room and was spacious and extremely comfortable. The traditional Amish dinner was a wonderful introduction to their diet and culture, and breakfast was very good. The only minor concern are the showers which must be as old as the building, but hey nothing worth considering when you are looked after in such style. I inadvertently left my dress jacket in my room when leaving and they could not have been more helpful in returning this to the UK for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I use opulent in a positive sense, since it was the word I kept thinking of for the duration of my 3 day stay here. They had already set things up for Christmas, so the decor was a lovely and lavish combination of Christmas and autumn decorations.

Amanda was at the desk when I checked in and was a truly sweet and beautiful lady who walked me to my room and informed me on all the hotel's amenities. Definitely a 4 star treatment that I rarely see even at 4 star hotels.

My room was a plush and HUGE apartment sized double furnished with old antiques and a modern LCD TV. There were no curtains but the wooden blinds here were sufficient to keep the light out at night. The carpeting was also outstanding, very plush and very comfortable to walk on. I also had two faucets along with a mini fridge and microwave, those amenities that are always annoyingly absent at 4 star establishments. Room service was also available $25 minimum, and in the basement of the same building a billiard room, fitness room and laundry room all just a short elevator ride away from me.

Continental breakfast is free but on the light side. Very carby, and very few, if any hot items to choose from (no eggs, waffles, pancakes, sausages or bacon). The coffee was EXCELLENT though. It was so good that I intended to ask what blend they used, but forgot to do so before I left.

It's obvious the grounds here are set up particularly for weddings, but when no events are taking place it's very relaxing to be able to have the scenery, gardens and even the spa here mostly to yourself.

The only downside is the papier-mâché quality of the walls. I'm hearing impaired and yet even I could hear conversations and noises from TV sets through the walls as if they were in the same room as me. If you're looking to do any underhanded business dealings here, probably best to look elsewhere as the whole world will be able to listen in on your conversations. ;-)

Overall, I now have two favorite hotels to choose from the next time I stay in Lancaster.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed this past weekend and it is a beautiful place! We stayed in the main part of the hotel and my only complaint is that the walls are very thin... I could hear full conversations that people were having in the hallway and, in my opinion, these folks we not speaking very loudly. My husband did not like that the TV only had a limited number of channels - not important to me, but it was for him! We had our 3 year old with us, and the hotel is definitely not suited for children, but I would love to come back some day for a couples getaway!

Room Tip: you may have a quieter room if you stay out of the main building
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

whenever we have guests we put them here. It is amazing and really pretty
the locale is stunning, service is great and super for everyone
rates are super and food is great
i really recommend this if you are coming to see the Pa Dutch or get away in the country
close to all attractions

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my third visit to the Inn. This time a Girls' Getaway package (which I think is great value). Our room (Coach room) was spacious, comfortable, and clean. Breakfast is not the Inn's strength. But, that's more than made up for by Restaurant Te - such an improvement over Mazzi, with impeccable service, food preparations, and attention to detail! Only 5 tables in the restaurant - must be a pet project of the owners, lucky us! I LOVE the spa - wonderful service and facilities. Highly recommend the facial with Tiffany and the aromatherapist oil wrap with Dana. The wrap was the right combination of exfoliating, massage, relaxation, and moisturizing (wasn't left wondering why I'd bothered). The manicure/pedicure services were disappointing for all my girlfriends, so best avoided. Those aside, the Inn, spa, and Restaurant Te are definitely worth a return visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster? Share your experiences!