“Beautiful hotel where the service is second to none.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster

You added The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster to your Saves list
The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38 Deborah Drive, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Leola, PA 17540   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leola
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cumbria
“Beautiful hotel where the service is second to none.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as members of a Trafalgar tour. The hotel room we were allocated was a suite with separate sitting room and was spacious and extremely comfortable. The traditional Amish dinner was a wonderful introduction to their diet and culture, and breakfast was very good. The only minor concern are the showers which must be as old as the building, but hey nothing worth considering when you are looked after in such style. I inadvertently left my dress jacket in my room when leaving and they could not have been more helpful in returning this to the UK for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I use opulent in a positive sense, since it was the word I kept thinking of for the duration of my 3 day stay here. They had already set things up for Christmas, so the decor was a lovely and lavish combination of Christmas and autumn decorations.

Amanda was at the desk when I checked in and was a truly sweet and beautiful lady who walked me to my room and informed me on all the hotel's amenities. Definitely a 4 star treatment that I rarely see even at 4 star hotels.

My room was a plush and HUGE apartment sized double furnished with old antiques and a modern LCD TV. There were no curtains but the wooden blinds here were sufficient to keep the light out at night. The carpeting was also outstanding, very plush and very comfortable to walk on. I also had two faucets along with a mini fridge and microwave, those amenities that are always annoyingly absent at 4 star establishments. Room service was also available $25 minimum, and in the basement of the same building a billiard room, fitness room and laundry room all just a short elevator ride away from me.

Continental breakfast is free but on the light side. Very carby, and very few, if any hot items to choose from (no eggs, waffles, pancakes, sausages or bacon). The coffee was EXCELLENT though. It was so good that I intended to ask what blend they used, but forgot to do so before I left.

It's obvious the grounds here are set up particularly for weddings, but when no events are taking place it's very relaxing to be able to have the scenery, gardens and even the spa here mostly to yourself.

The only downside is the papier-mâché quality of the walls. I'm hearing impaired and yet even I could hear conversations and noises from TV sets through the walls as if they were in the same room as me. If you're looking to do any underhanded business dealings here, probably best to look elsewhere as the whole world will be able to listen in on your conversations. ;-)

Overall, I now have two favorite hotels to choose from the next time I stay in Lancaster.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed this past weekend and it is a beautiful place! We stayed in the main part of the hotel and my only complaint is that the walls are very thin... I could hear full conversations that people were having in the hallway and, in my opinion, these folks we not speaking very loudly. My husband did not like that the TV only had a limited number of channels - not important to me, but it was for him! We had our 3 year old with us, and the hotel is definitely not suited for children, but I would love to come back some day for a couples getaway!

Room Tip: you may have a quieter room if you stay out of the main building
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

whenever we have guests we put them here. It is amazing and really pretty
the locale is stunning, service is great and super for everyone
rates are super and food is great
i really recommend this if you are coming to see the Pa Dutch or get away in the country
close to all attractions

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my third visit to the Inn. This time a Girls' Getaway package (which I think is great value). Our room (Coach room) was spacious, comfortable, and clean. Breakfast is not the Inn's strength. But, that's more than made up for by Restaurant Te - such an improvement over Mazzi, with impeccable service, food preparations, and attention to detail! Only 5 tables in the restaurant - must be a pet project of the owners, lucky us! I LOVE the spa - wonderful service and facilities. Highly recommend the facial with Tiffany and the aromatherapist oil wrap with Dana. The wrap was the right combination of exfoliating, massage, relaxation, and moisturizing (wasn't left wondering why I'd bothered). The manicure/pedicure services were disappointing for all my girlfriends, so best avoided. Those aside, the Inn, spa, and Restaurant Te are definitely worth a return visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for one night as part of a Trafalgar Tour. My room was absolutely spectacular! Stylish antique furniture, huge jacuzzi even a separate dining area and lounge suite! The gardens were so pretty - I didn't want to leave!

Love, love, loved it! Highly recommend!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel was the overnight stop on a road trip from Hartford to Pittsburgh. The welcome was very warm and the woman who checked us in was lovely, and showed us to our room. The lobby was full of interesting things to buy but also beautifully decorated with very comfy chairs to relax in. The welcome was very warm. Coach Room 402 had everything we needed including an alarm clock with an iPod dock, footstools and it was very generously sized. The dinner in the casual restaurant area was delicious and it had a good wine list, service was excellent. As we were located close to the lobby, at times noise did drift up the stairs particularly of the restaurant doors opening and closing but it quietened down by a reasonable hour. As noted by other reviewers, breakfast was very basic and for this reason, I have given it a 4 star instead of what would otherwise have been a 5. Thanks for a comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ozzie67, General Manager at The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Tania C,

We are glad that you spent the evening here with us at The Inn at Leola Village and for your very favorable review on TripAdvisor. Thanks.

I am pleased that we greeted you with a welcome that was "very warm" and "lovely" and that you found our lobby "full of interesting things" and "beautifully decorated with very comfy chairs to relax in" This is always important and sets the tone for an enjoyable stay.

It was also nice to find that you found our rooms "had everything we needed including an alarm clock with an iPod dock, footstools and it was very generously sized" Your room was recently redecorated, so I am please that you liked our offerings.

It also seems that you enjoyed your dinner in Osteria Avanti, our casual restaurant. We appreciate hearing that your meal "was delicious and it had a good wine list" and your "service was excellent"

In regard to our complimentary European style breakfast, we will certainly take your comments under consideration. So, again thanks for your review and for staying with us at the Inn at Leola Village.

Come back soon.

Been to The Inn at Leola Village, Lancaster? Share your experiences!