“Does not disappoint.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Paramus, New Jersey
“Does not disappoint.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My partner and I recently had dinner there with my parents to celebrate my Father's birthday. We have been to this well established restaurant before, many years ago, when it was under other ownership. I am pleased to note that our dining experience was as pleasing as it has always been.

Making the reservation was a pleasant experience and whoever took the reservation was very accommodating as I requested a particular table in a particular part of the restaurant.

The service was attentive without being overbearing and the food was delicious.

I don't recommend this lovely restaurant as a place to dine with young children.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Small group party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Each year our offices have a very nice dinner for our employee Christmas party. With 20 employees it is inevitable that somebody receives something that is mediocre or unacceptable. This year we had our Christmas Party @ the Log Cabin, Leola. In the 10 years I have been organizing the party, NEVER have i had a perfect meal, Until this year. NOT 1 person had a single negative thing to say. The meats were cooked to perfection. It is exceptionally rare to find a chef / cook, anyone who knows how to select and cook meat, and in particular red meat. This is the 3rd establishment i have where i have eaten exceptional red meats. This is the first in 15 years. (I am 50) The Filet, prime rib and the new york strip steaks were seasoned and cooked to perfection. The sides were delicious and the desserts were as good as i have ever had. Sensuous as well as beautiful and delicious. I had one misstep with the original planning part but once there, the Staff were fabulous, helpful, courteous and competent. I am attempting a way to get us back there as soon as possible. I had such a good experience that approx 10 days later i went back with my family (5) Again, red meat was cooked to perfection, the sides were exceptional and dessert, well lets just say the creme brulee, was the sensuous experience as before.
I would not hesitate to go back. I highly recommend the Log Cabin for its excellence.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ephrata, Pennsylvania, United States
“A Top Spot in Lancaster County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've eaten at the Log Cabin, off and on, for over 50 years. I wasn't impressed in the few years before it closed, so going back was a gamble. I read all the reviews on trip advisor, so some of my comments will be directed to compliments and criticisms. Yes, the hostess was a bit frosty, but her replacement, when we left the restaurant, was delightful. The service was impeccable. If you don't want to take a chance, ask for Vassili (?). He's a pro. He reminds me of the professional waiters we always had when we lived in Baltimore. The filet is fantastic. My only advice would be to pass on what my father told me about the Log Cabin: order by the color you want your steak to be. As for the proportions, every one of the four of us took home doggie bags. The filets are enormous. If the size of the portions doesn't suit you, you've got a weight problem. As for cost, I thought it was reasonable considering the quality of the food and service. If you have never been to the Log Cabin, let me advise you that it is a unique place. You'll park in a forest. To get there you have to cross a covered bridge, the kissing bridge, so be sure to follow the tradition and kiss your significant other. A wonderful experience. Highly recommended.

PA
“Back to great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

After it reopened we were disappointed in our experience relative to the old LC? However they now seem to be back to the fine dining destination they once were. Each course was perfect. The Chilean sea bass was cooked just right and not overpowered by the bur blanc sauce. The service was impressive and prompt. Overall we were just relieved to have this legendary restaurant back.

Lancaster, PA
“Wonderful fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love the Log Cabin and earmark it as our go-to restaurant when we want a fine dining experience. I've come to believe that chef-owners have the best restaurants and that's the case at the LC. We love the "way out of the way" location it has...traveking over a covered bridge to get there but I guess its early history of being a speak-easy is why its where it is. The food is always RELIABLY delicious and creative and the chef's wife (the co-owner) always goes out of her way to make you feel very comfortable and at home. We love the Log Cabin!

• Visited July 2012