“This little place needs to freshen up a bit” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 37 Restaurants in Lemoyne
Cuisines: Thai
Paciano, Italy
“This little place needs to freshen up a bit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

When I first came to the area back in the early 80's, I loved to go here and often took my sons here after we'd been to the library for tea. Back then, there were no other alternatives for loose teas, tea accessories, dried fruits, etc. Now...that's simply not the case.

The store is dark and the atmosphere makes you feel like maybe the aren't open. The last several times I've gone in, no one was behind the counter and I had to wait quite a long time for someone to appear. Once they did, all I needed was a vanilla bean, I was helped to a vanilla bean that looked as if it had been there since my first visit...and the price was outlandish. I often like the old wood and the vintage feel of places like this, but this one just seems old and dark and unwelcoming any more.

I have to wonder too, how long the teas have been in those canisters considering the teas to traffic ratio.

I rarely have anything there. Their isn't anything really yummy that they serve and, again, the prices are very high for what you get.

I'm sorry to say, I no longer go here. I go to One Good Woman, or I grab things when I'm at Reading Terminal Market.

Where