“Very clean; Extremely courteous staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lehighton
PA
“Very clean; Extremely courteous staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was probably one of the cleanest Country Inn and Suites that I have every stayed at. The indoor pool was the perfect temp (not too hot/ not too cold). It was close to Pocono Raceway (approx. 45 min. drive).

Tip: Keep in mind that the hotel is on a divided highway so that can make it difficult to get in and out of if you are not familiar with the area. However, don't let that prevent you from booking here - the hotel is great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this location, which we chose because of its convenient location. It's just off of I-476 (PA turnpike NE extension), and only about 8 minutes to Penn's Peak, where we saw a concert. We stayed here to avoid having to make the two hour drive home after the show, which ended at midnight.

This is not an area where you are going to find 4 or 5 star hotels, like a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons, so most of the places to stay are motels. The County Inn & Suites is about as good as it gets in this class. We had a one bedroom suite just to give us a bit more room, and a friend had the adjacent room, also a suite. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We also had a refrigerator. The decor is somewhat dated, but didn't really bother me. Free breakfast and coffee was provided in the morning. Overall, the place was more than adequate for our needs, and I would certainly stay here again the next time I go to Penn's Peak.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very unfriendly staff at the front.
Never on the desk. Always I have to shout or ring the bell several times. Only one shampoo and lotion no matter how many you are. ( one tourist complainted in front of us) we just check in the hotel and this is what we been through. I just waited 7 to 10 min to get extra shampoo since no one was at the desk.
Overall the hotel is ok for the price. First floor room was little smelly and dirty, so I changed the room to 2nd floor. 2nd fl room is ok. Staff is terrible. I cant find any welcome gesture or any professionalism from her. Location is terrible too. It's right next to junction. 20-25 ft right next to the busy street. So disappointed. If I come back this neighbor, I will come back to Hampton inn few minutes away from here. I will update more later.

• Stayed May 2013
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We do apologize that you had trouble getting the service you expected from our day time employees.. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Dagsboro, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

There are very few hotels in this area. This is one of two within a 3 mile area. We checked in at 12:30 in the morning. Person at front desk was nice and we were in our room within a few minutes. This hotel does have a lot of choices when it comes to types of rooms. We got a room with a livingroom type area and a king size bed. Mattress was older, but comfy. However, lots of hair in the bathroom. First floor was pet friendly for those who need that. Hotel does have smoking rooms. We were on the second floor, which was good, did not smell of smoke. Third floor was bad with smoke. Breakfast is included and had a good variety. Sausage gravy, eggs, sausage patties, two waffles makers, cereal, oatmeal with the fixings, breads, bisquits, pastries, fruit. Coffee was really good and four types of juice to choose from. People at front desk seemed a bit miserable. Sometimes they even disappeared. My friends who checked in after 2 pm had to wait about 10 minutes until someone finally came to the desk. Overall it was an ok hotel to stay at. Price was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here while visiting some friends. Simply put, the accommodations were very homey. When you walk inside the front door, it would appear you have come home to mom's house. The room was nice and quiet. The jacuzzi was okay for one person, or two midgets, but definitely not for two decidedly NON midgets.

What was the real goody was the breakfast. It was fresh, hot, and bountiful. i know the next time I am there in lehighton, I will definitely be staying here

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We wanted to take a quick overnight trip to Jim Thorpe with our daughters ages 7 and 12. I did some research and found this hotel online. It has a great indoor pool - deepest is 5 feet and large hot tub. The pool is open from 6am until 11pm for kids and 12 midnight for adults- that's a big plus for us.

The hotel is about a 10 minute drive into Jim Thorpe. Our double non smoking room was very clean and quiet. Free internet worked great too. The shower had good water pressure and lots of hot water - basic shampoo, soap and conditioner were provided. We had a flat screen tv, microwave and mini fridge in our basic / standard double room. Also a coffee pot with assorted coffees and teas in the room. Good lighting, great big mirrors, extra outlets, individual temperature control worked great.

The breakfast was included in the price and was really very good. They offered coffee and juices, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, a variety of cereal, bread, bagels, wonderful yogurt with blueberries and granola, oatmeal with chocolate chips, raisins and brown sugar, make your own waffle machines, fresh fruit salad which I really liked and to our daughter's delight mini individually wrapped cupcakes.

There is a small exercise room adjacent to the indoor pool. There is also a little computer station and printer in the breakfast area.

They offer chocolate chip cookies, apples and coffee throughout the day.

The staff was very friendly.

Country Inn and Suites is very easy to access because it is literally right off the turnpike - which was not a problem for us - we didn't hear any vehicles in our 1st floor room which backed to the highway.

I am surprised by any negative reviews but I suppose different people have had different experiences here. Our experience was truly excellent. Cannot fault this hotel in any way. It's very simple but comfortable and clean and affordable - the indoor pool and hot tub are so much fun.

Thank you Country Inn & Suites - great job!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I needed a handicap accessible room with a roll-in shower for my in-laws who were coming to visit from out of state. I booked the room a full 2 months in advance with the front desk, not with the reservation hotline, because I wanted to avoid any mistakes. Since we live close by the hotel, we stopped in to check on the reservation the day before arrival to make sure all was well. It wasn't. Staff insisted there was no notation on the booking to indicate that a roll-in shower was necessary. Mistake number one, and a BIG one. Besides that, the roll-in shower apparently had experienced some sort of problem and was half-torn out for repair. Due to the booking error, no one called us to advise that the room wasn't available. The manager was quite rude, raised her voice to me, and in a very nonprofessional tone asked, What would I like her to do about it? It wasn't like they were trying to screw us, you know! They win awards for their service! Those were her exact words. It was a full 5 minutes before the words "I apologize" came out of her mouth. NEVER will I recommend them to anyone after this inexcusable mess. My in-laws had to cancel their trip since they had no accessible place to stay. Very, very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
I am sorry for the mix up with your room that was to have the roll in shower. Unfortunately, from time to time things break and we were unable to get it repaired in time. As I assured you I have spoken to the girl who made your reservation and also the entire staff and have changed our policy on booking that room. They will from now on make the notation that roll is shower is necessary.
I am sorry that they opted to cancel their trip versus take me up on the offer of a different room type free of charge.
Hope all went well with your daughters first holy communion and that you enjoyed the moment.

RLesher, GM

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton? Share your experiences!