“Old hotel - Nothing around” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Lebanon Valley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 Quentin Rd, Lebanon, PA 17042   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lebanon
Bel Air, Maryland
“Old hotel - Nothing around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I did not get to the hotel to very late at night due to the fact we were traveling all day. When I first pulled up to check in there were not one or two but about 15 drag queens standing at the very front of the door smoking. Normally this would not bother me, but due to the fact I had a child with me I did not appreciate it at all. It was not until I went inside to check in that the front desk person told me there was a drag show going on inside the bar. Fine, I just ask you have them all stand away from the door smoking so that I can walk into the building with a child and with out squeezing through hoping she avoids the smoke. We were located in the back of the hotel were you have to drive your car around to. I was ok with that. What I was not ok with is it is not very lit up nor did the court yard gate or any of the doors lock behind us. This gave me a very uneasy feel. When I walked into the building it appeared clean at first, Until I walked into our room. I always check under the beds and mattresses where ever I stay. I found empty alcohol bottles and a couple dead bugs. No big deal I can get past that, it was the bathroom I had a problem with.

The bathroom was old and dirty. I wanted to take a bath but felt as I couldn't because it appeared the guest before us had urinated in the tub. I spent an hour of my own time scrubbing the bath tub with a wash cloth and a bar of soap to get it out, on the off chance after that I might want to take a bath. I got the tub and walls clean. If I can do that with a wash cloth and a bar of soap why could the employees not do that with actual cleaners before I got that. Not that I ended up taking a bath, A. due to the gross factor, B. I could not even get the water warm, and C. There was not stopper for the tub. I had wasted an hour of my time, and was not even able to relax after wards. And maybe it is me but its a pet pev of mine when there is not trash can in the bathroom or the bathroom area.

Don't except the free Wi-Fi to work either. After spending about an hr. trying I finally gave up on it.

After all that was said and down I was hungry so my husband went out to find food. There is nothing remotely close that is open at 11:30 ish at night on a Saturday night. This is not the hotels fault but just be advised you will have to drive several miles to pass a whole bunch of closed places and pray you will eventually stumble upon a open taco bell like we did.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The desk clerk recommended some restaurants. We followed her suggestion which turned out to be an excellent choice. We stayed only one night, so there is not much more to be said.

Beach Park, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was called a Quality Inn by the reservationist, so we almost had an issue locating it. The hotel was generally not clean. No security doors to the hotel. The general smell was not a good one. After being asleep for about two hours we were awaken by some drunk violently beating on our door. He was at the wrong door. I thought a SWAT team was about to break in. The people working there were great! We did enjoy a couple of great sandwiches from the in-house bar & grill.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Exton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For the price you can not expect more. Has a Fridge(not working and when it did work it was very noisy) and microwave which is very convenient.
Close to our venue. Relatively quiet.. Mattress OK.. Room was clean. Bathroom could have used a little more scrubbing.. but all in all not a bad value. I have paid more and received less quality. I will keep returning because of the location, price and the service of the staff.. I left a personal pillow in the room and they saved it for me until my next stay.. :-)

Pottsville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I requested a handicapped room close to the elevator. Our room was close to the elevator & was a large room BUT the bathroom was very tiny. If my husband was wheelchair bound he would not have been able to use the bathroom. The gentleman at the front desk was incapable of giving us directions & we had to stop & ask. There was a ramp in the front but it was sooooo steep my husband could not use it, the railing was loose and he had difficulty climbing the steps to enter the property. The breakfast presented had a lot to be desired!

Lyons, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our outside door was sticky and locked from the inside when we arrived, then refused to open with the key card when we returned the send night. Luckily, the room had 2 doors! Also, I thought the towels were quite scratchy and didn't absorb very well. Otherwise, the room was quite nice.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Browns Mills, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Apparently it was a pet friendly room. Smelled like cat urine in corner of room. Rust/mold in bathroom, toilet seat cover cracked. Maid was too short to regularly clean mirror. Paint chipping and drywall soft around shower due to water soaking. Carpet around frig was wet. Room was in separate building with lovely view of pool's chemical area. Did not do breakfast because I would have had to walk around the entire hotel or drive to the front. Internet was average.
Spoke with manager next morning and voiced my concerns. He stared at me blankly and never commented or apologized. Billed us as Quality Inn instead of Days Inn. I would sleep in my car or in a homeless shelter before staying there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Lebanon Valley? Share your experiences!