“Excellent Stay, Would go back again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Berry Patch Bed and Breakfast

You added Berry Patch Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Berry Patch Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   115 Moore Road, Lebanon, PA 17046 (Formerly Strawberry Patch)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Lebanon B&B and Inns
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Stay, Would go back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I saw a couple mixed reviews about this place, and kinda bad mouthing the owner. My husband and I went back in February for my birthday weekend, just stayed one night though, wish we would have stayed longer. Bunny was very friendly, we are a young married couple, but wasn't rude to us, she was very helpful and kind. She even offered things for us to do in the area and places to eat, however we already had pretty much the weekend set up, but thanked her for all the info and told her we have been to Hershey numerous times and knew the area pretty well.

We stayed in the Sadi Maya room, which was simple decoration, it had a fireplace and also a jacuzzi tub, and surprisngly the tub really was able to fit 2 people comfortably. We had wine that night and used wine glasses that Bunny had in the common area and even had a wine openner. There were also delicious chocolate chip cooks avaliable and other snacks if we wanted. Our bed was comfortable and we also had a private entrance into our place so we could come and go as we pleased.

We were pleased with breakfast, Bunny and her husband we such gracious hosts and she even had cute dogs there that were very friendly and of course tried to join us in the dinning area, but Bunny did get them out of there. The other guests we set with were all married couples, so it was nice to have some things in common and some were from the surrounding areas. Coffee was much needed and delicious and breakfast was so good and fulfilling. Bunny bid us a kind farewell. We hated to leave, it was such a nice place and back in the country, but still close to Hershey if u are wanting to go there. We would recommend this b&b because it wasnt expensive, it was a comfortable stay and the owners were gracious.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have private entrances, the other rooms you get a code to get back into the house...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed staying in the English Meadows room with the king bed. We relaxed in the hot tub, right in our room; this was a nice feature. The breakfast was a solid, home-cooked meal, but I wouldn't say it was to die for. It was very close to Hershey, so I would recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Bunny the inn keeper as created a magnificent b&b. my boyfriend of five years and i spent two nights in the briar rose room and it exceeded our expectations. Breakfast with Bunny is so fun and delicious!!! and we were still able to go to hershey's attractions without all of the tourist fuss in the area. that is why we picked the berry patch because it allowed us to have a romantic relaxing vacation while still being close enough to experience the fun of hershey. This is a must stay!!!

Room Tip: Briar rose is perfect for couples time, it has a whirlpool jacuzzi and it is downstairs away from ot...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The rudest people I've ever met. 1st, called the number and left a message. Some woman called me back and he greeting was "What do you want?" I had to ask her who she was.
We were looking to hold our wedding there. She was constantly rude and short.
Others came to check in and she just snapped at them say "Check in is not till 4" and walked away.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank TooManyDonuts
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Inn keeper was very nice and sat and talked with us for a while during breakfast. Room was great with a two person hot tub and fireplace along with a stand up shower and a private enterence. We stayed in the off season so it was quite and we didnt really see any other guests.

Overall a nice place to stay out in the ccountry,

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cooperstown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My best friends (Janet,Debbie,Mary) have spent time together every year since we were kids,now that we are in our 60s we want to be enhanced by our accommodations and entertainment our motto ( we deserve it ) My husband James and stayed at the Berry Patch and loved our stay. So I came back with my high school friends.Sitting on the front porch sipping wine and talking about the past years was wonderful.Bunny made us a delightful dinner so we did not have to drive. Next day after a yummy breakfast Sandy came to the Patch we all had massage next day after breakfast we all went to, of course Hershey Chocolate. We all had a wonderful time at the Berry Patch God willing the 4 of us will be back next year Thank you Bunny and Charlie and God Bless Lucille B

Room Tip: Sadi Mya, English Meadow Scarlet O Hara
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My two kids (ages 8 and 10) and I stayed here just recently and were so charmed with the look of the Inn and their really sweet friendly animals on premise but the Inn Keeper, Bunny, was very rude and condescending in her interaction with me, kept calling me "honey" rolling her eyes at me trying to correct me and asking me "where was I from?" having stayed in some very nice B&Bs on the Eastern Shore, I have never had quite this type of interaction with a hostess before. She just decides off the bat if she likes you or not.

She recommended a restaurant for dinner that was just ok...I think she sells her products with them so they help each other out.

She made it seem like she never takes kids and was doing me a favor, for which I was grateful. But come breakfast the next morning, every family at the table had kids! One was a toddler! Gourmet breakfast was gross...an egg caserole with velveeta cheese and spam! Really! Not one fresh piece of fruit made available during the day or evenings and very sparcely given in the morning. Second morning's breakfast was french toast with strawberry pie filling on top and whipped cream and syrup on the side. I thought my kids' teeth would fall out looking at it.

She wasn't very nice at all except when we left and she asked us to write a nice review. I was happy for the very clean room and the very nice workers there. Grace was very nice and brought the only bit of professionalism to the place.

I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends and would be surprised if she had repeat customers. It is much further from Hershey than we would have liked - about 30 minutes almost. Too bad. We really liked the Donkey, Goat and Horses.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Karen J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon
The Inn at Westwynd Farm
The Inn at Westwynd Farm
#1 of 1 in Hummelstown
5.0 of 5 stars 342 reviews

Been to Berry Patch Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!