“Bunny is a riot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Berry Patch Bed and Breakfast

You added Berry Patch Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Berry Patch Bed and Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   115 Moore Road, Lebanon, PA 17046 (Formerly Strawberry Patch)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Lebanon B&B and Inns
Newburgh, New York
“Bunny is a riot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Bunny the inn keeper as created a magnificent b&b. my boyfriend of five years and i spent two nights in the briar rose room and it exceeded our expectations. Breakfast with Bunny is so fun and delicious!!! and we were still able to go to hershey's attractions without all of the tourist fuss in the area. that is why we picked the berry patch because it allowed us to have a romantic relaxing vacation while still being close enough to experience the fun of hershey. This is a must stay!!!

Room Tip: Briar rose is perfect for couples time, it has a whirlpool jacuzzi and it is downstairs away from ot...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

The rudest people I've ever met. 1st, called the number and left a message. Some woman called me back and he greeting was "What do you want?" I had to ask her who she was.
We were looking to hold our wedding there. She was constantly rude and short.
Others came to check in and she just snapped at them say "Check in is not till 4" and walked away.

• Stayed July 2012
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Inn keeper was very nice and sat and talked with us for a while during breakfast. Room was great with a two person hot tub and fireplace along with a stand up shower and a private enterence. We stayed in the off season so it was quite and we didnt really see any other guests.

Overall a nice place to stay out in the ccountry,

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cooperstown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My best friends (Janet,Debbie,Mary) have spent time together every year since we were kids,now that we are in our 60s we want to be enhanced by our accommodations and entertainment our motto ( we deserve it ) My husband James and stayed at the Berry Patch and loved our stay. So I came back with my high school friends.Sitting on the front porch sipping wine and talking about the past years was wonderful.Bunny made us a delightful dinner so we did not have to drive. Next day after a yummy breakfast Sandy came to the Patch we all had massage next day after breakfast we all went to, of course Hershey Chocolate. We all had a wonderful time at the Berry Patch God willing the 4 of us will be back next year Thank you Bunny and Charlie and God Bless Lucille B

Room Tip: Sadi Mya, English Meadow Scarlet O Hara
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My two kids (ages 8 and 10) and I stayed here just recently and were so charmed with the look of the Inn and their really sweet friendly animals on premise but the Inn Keeper, Bunny, was very rude and condescending in her interaction with me, kept calling me "honey" rolling her eyes at me trying to correct me and asking me "where was I from?" having stayed in some very nice B&Bs on the Eastern Shore, I have never had quite this type of interaction with a hostess before. She just decides off the bat if she likes you or not.

She recommended a restaurant for dinner that was just ok...I think she sells her products with them so they help each other out.

She made it seem like she never takes kids and was doing me a favor, for which I was grateful. But come breakfast the next morning, every family at the table had kids! One was a toddler! Gourmet breakfast was gross...an egg caserole with velveeta cheese and spam! Really! Not one fresh piece of fruit made available during the day or evenings and very sparcely given in the morning. Second morning's breakfast was french toast with strawberry pie filling on top and whipped cream and syrup on the side. I thought my kids' teeth would fall out looking at it.

She wasn't very nice at all except when we left and she asked us to write a nice review. I was happy for the very clean room and the very nice workers there. Grace was very nice and brought the only bit of professionalism to the place.

I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends and would be surprised if she had repeat customers. It is much further from Hershey than we would have liked - about 30 minutes almost. Too bad. We really liked the Donkey, Goat and Horses.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Green, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I came here for the first part of our honeymoon. We are a young couple and as soon as we met bunny she immediately started listing off a bunch of rules we were to follow. No welcome, just dirty looks and a list of rules. We got the impression that she felt the need to make rules for us because of our age despite the fact that we had been nothing but respectful since our arrival and had rented her most expensive room.

We decided to order in pizza at night since we had just gotten married that morning and wanted to relax in our room. The room has a dining table in it but bunny insisted that we eat our pizza in the common areas. When we reminded her that this was our honeymoon and we wanted privacy she begrudgingly let us bring the pizza to our room.

The next day we went to town and when we came back the comforter from our bed was gone. Bunny had taken it likely fearing that we would ruin it even though we did not do anything to dirty it and were careful to eat our pizza at the table. The comforter was never replaced and being that we were here in the middle of December this was a huge problem.

Bunny continued to be rude to us throughout our entire stay. We were just there to enjoy eachother's company and, quite frankly, we found her rudeness funny so she did not succeed in ruining our honeymoon. We would not, however recommend that anyone ever stay here. With the poor service here it is no wonder that this place has transformed into more of a military boarding house than a bed and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Berry Patch is the perfect place to stay for a visit to the Harrisburg/Hershey area. It offers beautiful rooms in the main house or private cottages on the grounds. Bunny and Charlie are excellent hosts and the breakfasts are delicious. We will stay here again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Berry Patch Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!