“Review to Correct the Record” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lebanon
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Review to Correct the Record”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I am a frequent traveller. Reading the prior reviews almost caused me to make a reservation elsewhere. Decided to give it a try anyway.... No bugs in room. No ants. No dirty carpet. My room was quiet and comfortable. Not perfect, but completely adequate. Breakfast area was clean and well stocked. Front desk was prompt upon arrival...made an error...but was quickly corrected. Only one minor issue...handicap shower head did not hold position desired...neded to be tightened and there is no place in the shower to hold soap and shampoo. Don't be scared off by the novice traveller reviews.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Albany, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

From the minute I walked to the front door, I should have known better than to plunk down a credit card. The parking lot was filled with what appeared to be "trunk tag sales" or some kind of deal going on from some gnarly characters. Signs everywhere that warn you the owners are not responsible for theft. The lobby looked like a party was going on with the characters from "Deliverance", most I assumed employees and their significant others. The bed had a plastic sheet on it, the room was so overly sprayed with fragrances and chemicals to hide the lack of cleanliness it literally burned my throat and eyes. I left and went just down the road to a cleaner, safer and less expensive alternative - the Quality Inn. I should give some credit to the night clerk, who was fairly helpful in getting me checked out of there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a newer property. The rooms are really large, the lobby area was nice with an excellent breakfast. There is nothing around this hotel. We discovered on our departure that if you turn right out of the hotel and drive for about 5 min you will find a really cute town with tons of shops and restaurants. Avoid cedar grill down the street from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Plainfield, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

me and my family went to hershey park it was our first time going,we made reservations with the holiday inn in lebanon p.a.we were very disappointed. i have stayed in other holiday inns and have been very pleased before.until we came to this hotel. this hotel was very dirty our hotel room the first day we found a bottle of vodka that was left their,and their were dead roaches on the carpet..the room smelled very old and musky..we told the front desk they only gave us $20.00 off our stay which was rediculous..i would not recommend anyone to stay here..i will never stay here again..unless they remodel the entire and get an exterminator...very disappointed...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear millie v,

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here for one night with our children after a long day at Hershey Park! It's about 45 minutes from Hershey Park. Upon arrival, we were greeted by very sweet girl (can't remember her name) but she had dreads. Check in was smooth and she gave us a discount on our room because it has a red stain on the rug! The room was VERY clean and smelled good. We didn't have any problems with it smelling damp. The room seemed brand new and the bathroom was beautiful- brand new. The pool was small but was perfect for our family. Customer service was great! Whenever we called for something we received it immediately. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was great. Many selections, more than i have seen at other hotels. It was a great stay and we had a good night sleep (nice and quiet). We will definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a difficult property to review. Generally, I would rate it a three, or even a two. Our room was very damp, making it difficult to sleep. It smelled damp as well. The pool was very small. Each day it seemed that housekeeping had missed things – one day there was no Kleenex, one day there were no hand towels… basic things.

That said, there are very few hotels in this area, so this may be your best bet if you are looking to stay near Lebanon. Most accommodations between Hershey and Lebanon are very small motels.

We were there two nights for a trip to Hershey Park and Hershey World. We chose Lebanon, which is about 20 miles outside of Hershey because we would be heading to Philadelphia next. These are very small towns – don’t expect to see a Starbucks!

Breakfast was provided. Nothing special. The staff was fairly attentive to keeping everything stocked and keeping the tables clean, although the garbage cans were overflowing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

OK,here we go...day one,my 2 daughters got to the hotel first and checked in.Myself and my 2 sons got there 30 minutes later because of the horrible directions i got from the woman at the front desk.Any-who,i get my key,go up to my room...the boys are jumping out of their shoes in excitment to get in the room.I give my 9 year old the key,he opens the door,we walk in,and a man i never saw in my life steps into view in his underware and screams what the h e double toothpicks are we doing in his room.The putz at the desk gave us the wrong key and room number.My kids were a bit traumatized but we got the proper key and room number without much of an apology.The room was infested with ants...everywhere.T he cleaning crew was a joke.One morning at 845 or 9 in the morning they just opened the door and came in to see if we wanted the room cleaned.3 of my kids were still asleep,and my son and i were on the bed,in our underware watching cartoons.I told them to get out,we are still sleeping,etc.She was back 10 minutes later knocking on the door.And as the other reviews stated,the elevator was smelly,and filthy.I mean disgusting.Oh yes...i almost forgot,the pool.We went down to go swimming.There was a big pile of vomit at the shallow end of the pool,not to get too graphic,but mac and cheese?Staff was notified and it was dealt with.The best employees here were the breakfast lady,the maintanance guy,and the pool guy.I would rather sleep in a field with a herd of cattle than stay here..

Room Tip: Dont check in.