“"And the accolades continue" by Roger and Gail” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Latrobe
Box Elder
“"And the accolades continue" by Roger and Gail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I recently had the distinct pleasure of staying at this unforgettable hotel in the Latrobe area. Although he has already "reviewed" this hotel and given it the highest marks, we would be remiss if we did not mention Paula, Zac, and Nathan (and all other support staff who work as a team to make their guests feel so special). The staff, as a whole, could not have done one more thing to make our 9-day stay more comfortable. When we left we felt like we were leaving friends, and we look forward to the day when we return to the Latrobe area and visit this beautiful hotel and its exceptional staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Sophia7254,
It's great to hear from you. We appreciate having had you as our guests, and we're delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. Thank you for highlighting our wonderful staff. I will make sure to provide a special commendation to Paula, Zac, and Nathan for their outstanding service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dawn Roberts, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife & I have stayed in 3 - 5 star hotels around the world and when our travels took us to Latrobe, Pa we chose to stay at the SpringHill Suites. This hotel has one of the best staffs of any place we have ever stayed. The room was incredible for the price we paid. The hotel lobby and breakfast area were far better than any similar priced hotel where we have stayed. This is the place to stay if in the area. When I found out that Arnold Palmer owns the hotel I just nodded by head with the understanding that anything Arnold Palmer does he does it with class. This hotel has the Arnold Palmer class in the staff, the rooms, the outdoor fire pit, the furnishings, the pictures hanging on the walls, and everything else.

Room Tip: I would say that all rooms at this hotel are great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Barney S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at SpringHill Suites. We appreciate your business, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I especially appreciate your kind compliments about our staff. I will make sure to share them in our next staff meeting. We enjoyed having you and your wife as our guests and hope to see you again soon.
Box Elder, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 9 days over the Christmas Holidays 2012. We can say without a doubt that the staff at this hotel is the most helpful and caring people that you will ever find in any line of work. Would like to single out some of the staff that made our stay extra special...Dawn, Victoria, Hanna, Kevin and there were others that I am sorry to say I don't have their names. Let me just say that EVERYONE we came in contact with was top notch. The staff is a great reflection of Arnie Palmer, the owner of this property, in that Arnie always takes the time to make everyone he comes in contact with feel special.

During our stay my wife was not feeling well and Victoria gave her tylenol and asked about how she was feeling whenever I saw her. Dawn ran into the back room to get some crackers for my wife when she heard that her stomach was upset. Before Christmas we had some presents to wrap. At the front desk I asked Dawn if I could borrow the scissors and tape. To my surprise she asked if I needed wrapping paper. I thought that she was kidding at first and then she went into the backroom and brought out a large roll of paper! The level of service and caring is unbelieveable here. Hanna works in the breakfast area and was always asking about my wife and eager to help us in any way. The breakfast is fantastic in quality and presentation due to the efforts of Hanna and others working in that area.

If you are a golfer or a golfing fan you will be blown away when you enter the lobby and discover a mini Arnold Palmer museum and even a Master's trophy engraved with Arnie's 4 wins. I grew up in this area, and also a golfer, so I am well aware of Arnie's many achievements in not only the golfing world, but aviation as well. When I was a kid and his Lear jet flew over my Dad would take us over to Latrobe Airport so we could get a glimpse of Arnie. Many times Arnie would come over to say hello. I have to admit that I have attended many golf tournaments and was in "Arnie's Army" whenever he was playing. Now to have stayed in his hotel was a thrill for me.

The hotel is only 6 months old. The rooms are very comfortable and beautifully decorated. I can not think of any negatives about this property. I guess on second thought there is one thing that would have made this stay better. It would have been a huge thrill if Arnie would have come walking through the lobby. haha.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Roger881,
Thank you for your kind review. We're delighted to hear from you and learn of your wonderful experience here at SpringHill Suites Latrobe. It was definitely my pleasure speaking with you during your visit. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff, and I'm glad you felt well taken care of during your visit. I, too, wish Mr. Palmer could have visited us while you were here during the holiday season. Please plan to visit us again as we enjoyed having you as our guests and hope to see you again soon.
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My flight was cancelled out of the Latrobe Airport. I called this hotel and they immediately sent a courtesy van to pick me up at the airport and take me to the hotel. The room was immaculately clean and the service was fantastic. The complimentary breakfast was surprisingly great too. This hotel was definitely the highlight of my experience in Latrobe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Gina D,
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear your flight was cancelled. We're glad you stayed with us and enjoyed your visit. I'm pleased you liked your suite and our delicious complimentary breakfast. We hope you'll come and stay with us again the next time you're in Latrobe.
Derry, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

best hotel in latrobe hands down. outstanding service and ammenities staff service was great. housekeeping and maintenance were best i've experienced at 50 plus hotels i have stayed at.
The hotel is owned by Legendary Golfer Arnold Palmer and there is alot of memorabilia from him along with one of his Masters trophys in a great display case that. Hotel has a great saltwater pool and a huge fitness room to enjoy. The waterfall and firepit out back are really enjoyable at night too. GREAT place to stay along with outstanding service!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Sarah G,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We're delighted to hear from you and learn of your enjoyable stay with us. I'm glad you liked our hotel as well as our excellent staff. Please plan to see us again. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family has travel all over the USA and stayed at various brands. This SpringHill Suites in Latrobe, PA is by far the most amazing we have been to! The staff is exceptional and cleanliness is way above par. In the lobby there is one of Arnold Palmer's Master's Trophies in a lit case. In the one meeting room there are photographs of Arnie with past presidents and letters from the presidents to him. The kids loved the swimming pool. There is a huge bar and the menu is fantastic! We definitely did not expect to find this treasure in a small area like Latrobe.

Room Tip: The patio side is a beautiful view of the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pam R,
Thank you for your review. We're delighted to hear from you, and we're glad you found a treasure in Latrobe! Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and staff. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed all of the memorabilia, and I hope you had a good time looking around. We welcome you to come and visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Latrobe.
Glastonbury, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

In case you didn't know, Arnold Palmer owns the hotel so I'm told. His pictures are everywhere including one with Bill Marriott. Green hotel with automatic shut off/on for room lights and thermostat. Even the lights in elevator shut off when no one is in there - a bit disconcerting when it opens to your floor and it's dark inside.

Large nicely furnished rooms with separate sitting area and work desk with wired and wireless internet for free. Plasma TV with DirecTV and HBO. Separate shower/sink from toilet/sink bathrooms. Free hot breakfast. Light dining and full bar service. GPS takes you the long way; go directly from US 30W to 982 South to Arnold Palmer drive at first light.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
BillL64,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Latrobe. We're delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and you liked our clean, spacious suites. Please come and visit us again. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you soon.
Dawn Roberts, General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Latrobe? Share your experiences!