“Could Have Been Five Stars” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Latrobe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Could Have Been Five Stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I just returned from a short weekend trip to Latrobe. The hotel was recommended to us from the family of the bride whose wedding we were attending. I was impressed with the rooms which were very clean, as is the entire hotel. Breakfast was plentiful and the cookies at night rocked. I would have given the hotel five stars but what we encountered at time of check in was totally inexcusable. Being told we had to leave our room early in the morning if we wanted our room serviced was an unwelcomed surprise. I will give credit to the desk clerk Janice who did everything in her power to make us feel welcome. We decided to go with it due to the fact that she tried so hard to please. I would give her service five stars but could not overlook being asked to vacate our room to accommodate staffing issues.

• Stayed May 2013
Audra A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience at our property. I'm disappointed to hear that we did not provide you with the high level of customer service we typically deliver. I have reviewed your comments with our excecutive housekeeper, as we want to make every stay enjoyable from check in to check out. I'm pleased in the efforts Janice made to make your stay better. I hope you will give us another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Castle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed for our daughters graduation from SVC and everyone was so nice and the hotel was very clean

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Audra A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and wonderful compliments on the Wingate by Wyndham. Congratulations to you and your daughter on her accomplishment. Thank you for staying with us and I hope your experience will bring you back for another visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Every staff member we met was customer service oriented. Very clean, spacious, comfortable room. Breakfast fairly typical but met our needs. Staff did a good job of keeping it stocked. Only downside. We didn't know enough to ask for a room in the back away from a very busy and noisy Route 30. Luckily, I had my earplugs and we got used to the noise after a couple of days. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback on your recent stay with us. Having great customer service is our goal to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I apologize for the noise you experienced in your room. I assure you the next time you stay we can put you in a different area of the hotel if needed. Having your recommendation is the best compliment. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe

Address: 3970 Route 30, Latrobe, PA 15650
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Latrobe
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Latrobe
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Latrobe Hotel Latrobe
Wingate Hotel Latrobe

If you own or manage Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.