“DELICIOUS!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in Lansdale
Lansdale, Pennsylvania, United States
“DELICIOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Went with my boyfriend and had the Reuben sandwich, reasonably priced, and am told by friends they have the best Cheesesteak in the area. Great service, and very fresh ingredients. Highly recommended!

Visited April 2014

Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Had an excellent mushroom cheesesteak hoagie - Philly-style! The price was fair and the food was good and plentiful. A real bargain.

Visited February 2014
“Great sandwiches!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Pudge's has great sandwiches and hoagies. The sandwiches are always well stuffed and never skimpy. Good variety, but not a place you want to go if you are on a diet!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oneonta, New York
“Best hoagies and cheesesteaks anywhere, but only this location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My review applies only to the Pudge's in Lansdale (Kulpsville), not the ruined Blue Bell location. The only similarity between them now is the menu.

Pudge's steaks and hoagies are legendary, and since I first ate here in 1985, I've never had another hoagie that even comes close to a Pudge! I've traveled the 200+ miles just to get one many times, and it's worth it. Not only is it a huge sandwich, but the perfect proportions, super-thin sliced meats, fresh toppings, and especially the fresh crusty-chewy rolls make it a culinary creation far greater than the sum of it's ingredients. It's the sub to which I compare all others, and everything else falls short.

After stopping at the Blue Bell location a week ago and having a terrible experience (See their recent TA reviews for more info), I started looking for information about what might have happened. A March 2012 article in the Montgomery News explained it:

"Co-owners Mike and Barbara Williams sold their interest in the Blue Bell location several months before opening their new site (this location). The Blue Bell store, still called Pudge’s, is now under new ownership."

I then called this location and spoke to the manager, John. He was very friendly, informative, and assured me that regardless of our experience at the other location, THIS location was still doing things just like they always have. He gave me his word that if I came in, I would not be disappointed, and he was right. Thanks John. I would never have come back if you hadn't graciously given so much of your time.

I knew this was going to be a better experience the moment I walked in and saw Kim at the register. She's the same terrific, (and a little sassy) waitress, server, busser, check-out girl, etc. I've been seeing since I started eating at Pudge's almost 30 years ago. I'm ashamed that I never knew her name until this visit, however. As soon as she found out who we were, she told me they were out of roast beef (a joke based on my experience at the Blue Bell location), we had a good laugh, then she proceeded to bring me the perfect Pudge I was promised. My wife had an excellent cheesesteak as well, and we both had a wonderful dining experience. My world is now a better place knowing my favorite steak and hoagie shop is still in business and going strong.

If you took the time to read all this, and you've never been to Pudge's in Lansdale, PA, do it! If you've sworn off Pudge's because of the changes at the other location, go to this location and have an authentic and legendary Pudge's experience again.

My only complaint is that they have just two regular tables with chairs and a bunch of booths. My wife and I are very large and the booths are terribly uncomfortable. We chose to wait about 20 minutes until a regular table became available.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Cheesesteak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We flew into Philly around lunch on Friday but, due to my wife's bridesmaids duties, we were not able to hit up one of the more famous places in south Philly. Pudges was down the street from hotel so I decided to give it a shot. PUDGES DID NOT DISAPOINT!!! The bread was great, the meat was cooked perfectly, and it had the perfect amount of toppings.

GIVE PUDGES A TRY!