“It was ok but I am not sure I would go back unless I was going to watch a game.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Via Marconi Smokehouse Tavern

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food was just ok. Can get better elsewhere. I got ribs and they were alright...maybe I chose the wrong thing but I figured that's what you get at a smokehouse. We were sitting in a corner. I thought it had a slight smell. Hopefully it's clean. I watch a lot of bar rescue so maybe I am just paranoid.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cranbury,NJ
“burgers not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Ate here for the name of the place, told the waitress we really liked our burgers rare, but would take MR, they came out well done , didn't send them back, because just got done a Hockey game and my Son was tired and I was Too !! just wanted to go a crossed the St to our Hotel Homewood suites to bed !!

Visited February 2014
Lansdale
“To sum it up, this place needs new management immediately!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

It seems to me that the owners of The Smokehouse Tavern are not concerned about the success of their investment.
I went to eat there recently with my wife and we will not be going back anytime soon, if ever.
We sat at the bar and the bartender took 15 minutes to greet us and take our drink order and there were only about 8 other customers in the place. My wife ordered a margarita and the bartender was obviously not a mixologist let alone did she have an ounce of personality. She was downright rude.
We ordered a burger and wings which took almost 30 minutes to come out. It then took another 20 minutes for a beverage refill while we sat and watched the bartender stand and chat with a waitress that was sitting at the bar trashing and speaking bad about earlier customers. My first thought as I observed this was .. "This place is definitely not Cheers" or cheery at all for that matter.
The entire experience just turned me off. I have eaten at The Pub in Hatfield which I believe has the same owners and the waitstaff and management there has always been positive.
If you are looking for good service and a friendly atmosphere I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Big space with a decent menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

The Smokehouse was actually recommended to us by a friend. I decided we'd give it a whirl for a 60 person luncheon after my Dad's funeral. Hands-down, they were one of the most accommodating purveyors of banquet-style dining in the North Penn area. Their staff is excellent. Everyone in there treats you like family. And, let's face it, what else matters if your hosting a funeral luncheon? The selection of dishes was good. You basically have the ability to select anything you'd like from the full menu and serve it in a buffet style. We were able to provide an ample selection of wraps and BBQ for our guests with good comments from most of them on how good the food was. I would definitely recommend the Smokehouse Tavern banquet area for any group entertainment for up to 50 people (they tout 80 max., but I think the 60 we had was tight).

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lansdale, PA
“Nothing overwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Went here hoping to find another local eatery to choose from, but came away a bit disappointed.

Erratic service, average food from a reasonably priced menu with lots of choices. None of our party tried their Pizza offerings. The BBQ Beef Brisket was tender with a nice smoky sweet sauce.

The dining room, which shares the bar space, was open and spacious, but did not have a particularly warm feeling.

• Visited November 2013