“Couldn't have asked for more” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Couldn't have asked for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

When you go to Sesame Place you buy a two day ticket, usually. If you stay at the Sheraton, they have a shuttle top Sesame Place. Save $30 in parking. 5 Minutes to Sesame.
The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.
We paid a little extra for the 14th floor where breakfast was included.
I could not have asked for a better stay.
Clean, comfortable and totally helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

As a frequent business traveler stay in many hotels. I am also a Platinum member of Starwood and have seen good and bad. I usually stay in 4 star hotels.

I am amazed at all the negative comments about this hotel. I think people really need to get a grip since the Sheraton Bucks County is a tremendous value and in an excellent location.

I was visiting Sesame Place with my wife and 4 year old daughter. Here are my comments:

1) Upon checking in at 10:30 AM our room was not ready yet. This is VERY common in any hotel at any price (yes, even at Four Seasons & The Ritz). The front desk / bell checked our luggage with absolutely no hassle. As a frequent traveler I was expecting this, so we all were wearing our bathing suits upon arrival (I advise you to do the same).

2) The was a recent comment that the parking lot in front of the hotel was full. This was true for us as well. The same person commented that walking to the rear parking lot took "forever". If you consider a 2:15 minute (I timed it) walk "forever" then yes the back lot is far. Parking is absolutely no problem. Like I said, get a grip.

3) The shuttle to Sesame is right out the front door. The hotel says it runs every 1/2 hour. We found this not to be true. It runs about every 15 minutes in actuality. It runs continuously. You are literally right across the street to Sesame, but the road to cross is busy with no sidewalks so you must take the shuttle. The shuttle drivers were VERY pleasant and helpful, loading strollers and gear for the guests, and always with a smile which I imagine is tough to do all day with screaming kids. I only noticed one person tip the van driver. C'mon people, open your wallets for these drivers...they need to make a living, and giving them a couple of bucks will keep them smiling.

4) Check in was hassle free. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds are VERY comfortable. Room is larger than normal. Flat screen TV's. Free Internet (a rarity), Clean. There was some noise in the hallways, but let's keep in mind, you are staying primarily at a family hotel with tons of children. The two elevators do not keep up with the traffic as stated before, but that could be alleviated if parents don't allow their children to push all the floor buttons as I witnessed several times.

5) Didn't use the pool since we had our share of water at Sesame. No comment here.

6) Had buffet breakfast downstairs at the restaurant. I think it was $12.95 for adult and $5.95 for child. Standard fare with Omelet station. Very convenient, and good value again. Plenty of fast food restaurants close by if you would rather save some $$$.

7) The was not much "fine dining" in the area. Lots of "chain" type restaurants. Uno, Chick-Fil-A, etc... We went to Bertucci's which is a good Italian place which is now expanding rapidly in the Northeast. Way above a fast food place. Full wine and bar, and a children's menu for about $6.95. If you want a good pizza, or chix parm, or some pasta reasonably priced ($10-15) this is a great place. Great service and no line to get in.

Basically that's it. I think people need to set their expectations properly. Remember, this hotel is primarily family focused, and not located in NYC or a "resort" location. Some people complained that there were no bathrobes, the staff could be friendlier, and the food could be better. My suggestion is for these people to stay at the Ritz in Philadelphia for $359 a night, pay $90 for breakfast, $40 to valet the car, and drive 45 minutes to Sesame (I have stayed at the Ritz in Philly and it is great). However, if you want a great value with convenience to Sesame, stay at the Sheraton Bucks County.

I would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
sheratonbucks, General Manager at Sheraton Bucks County Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Dear NewYorkSailsman,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel with the tripadvisor community. We are happy to hear you found our associates to be friendly, attentive and our hotel to be a great value. Our team strives to provide all of our guests with “World Class Service”. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to serving you and your family when your travels bring you back to the Langhorne area.

Londonderry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed here for our trip to Sesame Place and I would definitely recommend it. We booked this because of its location to Sesame Place and the reviews on Hotels.com and tripadvisor.com. The hotel was right across the street from Sesame Place and provided a free shuttle to the park. Even though it says the shuttle runs every 1/2 hour, it pretty much ran constantly back and forth – and it saved us the $15 per day parking fee. We stayed on the 12th floor and had a perfect view of the park! The hotel and the room were very nice and the bed VERY comfortable. The bathroom was small but had ample counter space. The TV was huge with lots of free channels! Like most hotels nowadays, there was also free Wi-Fi in the room. The only complaint I have (like most other reviewers) is the elevators. 1 out of 3 was always broken and it took forever (10 mins or longer) to get one. I also wish they offered a continental breakfast but I knew they didn't before booking. There is an IHOP right around the corner, as well as lots of other restaurants nearby (Chilis, Unos, McD’s, etc.). You can get a mini-fridge in your room but you have to pay extra for it. The pool was very large and there was a hot tub as well. The hotel staff was very friendly and another perk is that they offered free apples at the check-in desk all day.

Dear debhamilton21

Thank you for writing tripadvisor and sharing the experience you had staying at our hotel. We were excited to hear you found our staff friendly, our service to be outstanding, and our facilities to be clean and well appointed. Our team makes every effort to ensure our guest have a wonderful experience at our hotel.

We look forward to your next trip to our area so we can once again provide you and your family with a First Class hotel experience.

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

First of all I should have stayed somewhere else..I was very disappointed. I had reserved a room that was club level, with two cribs as I have twins & a refrigerator for the babies...upon getting to the hotel I pre-checked in only to remind them the type of reservation I had they told me as long as I gave them my cell phone number they would call me.... Well by 6:30pm I never received a phone call telling me my room was ready....as I got to the hotel I was told there were no cribs in my room or a fridge like I was promised(reserved)...the hotel "acting"manager told me there wasn't a club level room available which means they overbooked & I paid for it & he also said well the fridge is 20 dollars extra & I told him it didn't matter as that was in my reservation...he also had poor interpersonal skills & did not make us feel confident that our reservation was going to be carried through. I had to ask him several times by going back & forth from the 5th floor down to the lobby with a set of 15 month old twins in order to find out whether he could accomodate our needs or go to another hotel. I don't think this is anyway someone should be treated with one child or many children after all its supposed to be a vacation. We were still never given a club level room...we had to ask for robes, the free breakfast cert. with our 210 dollar room! The hotel itself was nice, the accomodations were comfy & the shuttle service was a nice amenity overall would I stay here again I think NOT! The overall management needs to do something about lazy people! Next time I stay somewhere else!

Dear Scuba024,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on tripadvisor, we are very pleased that you found the hotel was nice, the accommodations were comfy & the shuttle service to be a nice amenity

I do want to apologize that someone erroneously did not place you in the club level room that you had reserved, and that we neglected to call you on your mobile phone as we had agreed when you checked in early. I appreciate you bringing the issues you had to my attention of our manager on duty; however I was dismayed to learn that we neglected to proper address your issues and correct the challenges you experienced getting the items you requested. I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you personally about your recent stay, if you would be kind enough to call the hotel at 215-547-4100 so we could discuss your recent stay with us.

Once again we thank you for the gift of feedback and hope you will try us out again if your travels bring you back to our area, we would love the opportunity to make you next trip to Sesame Place a memorable experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

This trip was for sesame place. Our rooms were not ready untill after 5 pm, we got there at 10am to drop off our luggage, so they knew we were checked in. Then they gave us the wrong rooms. When they finally fixed it, my brother realized he left his phone charger in the original room, the front desk said he could not get it untill the new occupants checked out. Everytime we asked for anything, we had to keep calling down. They said they were really busy, but everytime I went to the lobby everyone was moving really slow or not doing anything. The staff seem nice but lazy at the same time. So I was not happy with the management of the hotel. What I was happy with was the condition of the hotel. With the exception of the lobby bathroom and the pool area, it was clean. I slept well because of the nice pillows, beds and down blanket. the room was clean and modern with a big flatscreen tv. I even liked the orange mint shampoo. So if u just want to go somewhere clean, the hotel was good enough. If the hotel management would get it together and they got rid of fancy restaurant and put in a family freindly buffet, it would be almost perfect.

Dear, ggomes,
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write tripadvsior about your recent stay at our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be clean, the condition of our hotel to be good, and that our “Sweet Sleeper” bedding package provided you with a restful sleep.

I apologize that your room was not ready when you checked in, and that our team mistakenly gave you the wrong room. I have shared your comments about the front desk staff with the management of the department and we will use your comments to improve our hotel.

Your feedback is a gift and we are thankful for you sharing your experience at our hotel with us. We hope to be able to serve you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Hamilton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I have stayed here a number of times both with my children and alone, and have always been pleased. The lobby and rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. They are kind, polite and always willing to help. In particular a bellman named Chris Greb (I hope I spelled that correctly) went out of his way to be helpful and provide us with whatever we needed. I will plan on staying here again, even if it it a little more expensive than some hotels nearby. The only negative I can say is that there is inadequate parking in the front. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Dear elisa1031,

Thank you for writing the tripadvisor community about your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Bucks County hotel. Guest service is our number one goal and we are excited to learn that you found our staff be very helpful and our hotel to be clean. Chris Greb was delighted to hear that your recognized him for providing you with an excellent service experience.

Again, we certainly appreciate your taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. It will be our pleasure to be of service to you again in the very near future.

richmnd hill, ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

very beautiful lobby, across from sesame park with shuttle to the park every 30 minutes, rooms very clean & spacious and the most important the staff is very friendly, i would like to mention one name Brandon this guys is exceptional.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Bucks County Hotel? Share your experiences!