“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Port Perry, Canada
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We visited in July 2012 and stayed for 2 nights to go to Sesame Place. The hotel was very close to the park, restaurants and a shopping mall. We had to wait to check in because a room was not available. After about 30 minutes we were finally given an upgraded room which was very nice. The beds were comfortable and everything was clean. The hotel is full of families with little kids so be warned if you don't fall into this group because it can get noisy. The breakfast was not great but what can you expect for free. Overall, I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Alf05.
Thank you for the review. Memorial Day through Labor Day is considered "high season" for us and we really strive to accomodate early check-in requests but is not always possible depending on day of arrival. It sounds like our staff took care of you and that is what is so important.
We do try to create the balance of quality and variety of offerings with our complimentary breakfast and also the need for quick service based on the amount of families that we have staying in-house. Feedback is always encouraged.
We hope that you have an opportunity to return again.
Lori

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Munhall, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had two suites next to each other on the 1st floor; one for my husband and myself and one for my daughter and family. We stayed two nights. The rooms were very clean with every amenity you could possibly want, bed was a little soft, but not bad. Bathroom was impeccable. Pool and hot tub were clean. Also has a weight room, pool table, library, laundry and basketball court. The hotel was 5 minutes from Sesame Place and offered a free shuttle, running every 20 minutes (saving $15 a day in parking). The shuttle driver was very pleasant and interacted with the children. The FREE hot buffet breakfast was excellent. Scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, hot oatmeal, cold cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt, fruit and yummy waffles you make on the spot. Would definitely recommend and stay there on our next visit to Sesame Place.

Dear BobLindaF,
Thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like you and your family had a fantastic trip! We see many families during Sesame season and our staff really enjoys being part of fond memories of the trips and watching the children talk animatedly about their day!
We hope to see you again!
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Although my husband and I chose this inn because it was near St. Mary Hospital where we visited a family member, it was filled with families visiting nearby Sesame Place. Very well kept property. Full kitchen. Clean rooms but leather furniture was badly worn out. Breakfast so-so but an evening complimentary BBQ (burgers, hot dogs plus salads, beer, wine, beverages & dessert) one evening was quite nice. Near shopping mall, restaruants & entertainment venues.

Room Tip: Fourth floor suites are quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Barbara V,
Thank you for the review and we are pleased you found our hotel. I hope that your family member is fully recovered and that you can return for pleasure next time.
We are looking forward to updating our furniture in the first few months of next year and will have the latest Residence Inn designs.
We hope that you will return and love our new look!
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Surprisingly nice hotel and very clean. Very friendly staff. The buffet breakfast is very standard, nothing great but does the job. We did ask ahead of time if a crib could fit in the bedroom and it didn't, we had to move the bed, but after that it fit. Had a few minor problems with the shuttle to Sesame Place but over all a good stay and would recommend.

Dear fabulassy,
Thank youf or the review and recommendation. We realize that there are always opportunities to improve and appreciate your comments regarding the shuttle.
We hope to see you again at our hotel.
Sterling, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stated Sept 22-23. It was easy getting to the hotel (be sure to follow the GPS directions fully and go past the Courtyard). The hotel was very nice with solid amenities.... The pool was very nice, though its could use some cleaning. The hot tub was quite warm/hot (as it should be!). Didn't use the basketball court, but it looked great in condition. The hotel was very clean and homely feeling. The staff was very nice, helpful, and welcoming. Our room was very clean, and a good size (we had the King bedroom suite.... the kitchen and living area was connected, while the bathroom and bedroom were separated). The only "negative" thing I can say about the room is that some of the furniture was really worn down, particularly the edges of the ottoman and arm chair (and not in a rustic way). But this didn't take away from our experience at all. The grounds were nice. The hotel was located nearby many restaurants and shops and not far from Sesame Place at all (<1 mi?). There were regular shuttle trips out to to Sesame Place. Breakfast was really good... many choices available and items were regularly tended to. We traveled as a family (wife and I are in our early 30's, have a 2.5 yr-old and 2 month old). We had such a great stay here and will sure be back the next time we're in the area!

Room Tip: I recommend the king bedroom suite (bedroom and bath are separated from the kitchen/living areas)
Dear tsk_02,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We are now in planning phase of updating our room furniture and this should happen by April of 2013 so am sure that you will be pleased for your next trip.
Thank you!
erie pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel....after we found it. We accidentally ended up at the other Marriot property (on the same street I think) where the friendly staff pointed out that we were just a couple hundred yards away...

The rooms were clean, but the furniture was pretty beat up. We had a king size bed which left little room for our pack and play, but we didn't spend much time in the room anyway.

The staff was super friendly. Everyone that we encountered, from the desk to the kitchen and the shuttle drivers were wonderful and helpful and cheery. I was very impressed with the staff and their attitudes.

I would totally recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manger at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Eriepahmoon,
Thank you for the recommendation and great review. I will be sure to share your comments with our team about how impressed you were with service.
We are very excited about our upcoming redo early next year and our rooms will have a new look.
We hope to see you again.
Menlo Park, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I just returned today from the Residence Inn in Langhorne. I stayed two nights in a 2 bedroom suite on the 4th floor. The hotel itself is quite clean, the breakfast is appetizing, and the distance is ver close to Sesame Place. HOWEVER, there were two key problems with our stay. When I reserved the hotel, I specifically requested an in room crib (not a pack and play). I confirmed with Jeff at the front desk that the hotel did indeed have a few regular cribs and he noted the request in my reservation. When I checked in on Friday, September 14th, I was told by Kaitlyn at the front desk that they don't have cribs and only stock pack and plays for the guests. Long story short, they only provided us with a pack and play and my 4 month old daughter spent 2 nights waking up every 30-40 minutes which means I was awake every 30-40 minutes. But even better than this, was the fact that when I checked out today (Sunday), Jeff was at the front desk and I expressed my dissatisfaction about the lack of a crib. Surprisingly, he confirmed again they did in fact have cribs and said this was clearly a training issue with Kaitlyn and that she would be trained on the topic. I think I would have enjoyed my trip to Sesame Place much more if we all got some much needed rest as this was my last trip before I return to work from maternity leave. Lastly, the
garbage truck who picked up the dumpster garbage early on Saturday morning disturbed what little sleep I was able to get. The dumpster was directly outside of our window.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms facing the garbage dumpsters.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lori S, Regional General Manager at Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Michelle551,
I would like to thank you for your review and feedback about your stay. I apologize for the issues that you encountered by not having a crib in your room and the unwelcome wake up call earlier than anticipated for one morning.
All Marriott properties use pack and plays for their cribs and this should have been communicated when you made your reservation. We have many families that stay here with young children and know this is something that we really try to communicate whenever someone asks. Our hotel has 1 standard size crib that we have used on occassion when we have someone travelling with an older child that may need something larger than a pack and play. It is very difficult to promise this as we have only 1 and sometimes we have 25 - 30 requests per night for pack and plays. I promise that we will work with our team on how we communicate this information and handling the request process, We really do not want to let any guest down.
It looks like you were upgraded to a larger room in back corner and our trash company never should be here before 9 am.
I hope that you will consider us again for your next stay in Langhorne and encourage you to reach out to the property GM, Christine Nieves, so we can make sure that all of your requests are honored.
Lori Simpson

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Langhorne? Share your experiences!