“Great Place for Kids” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sesame Place(R) is the nation's only theme park based entirely on the award-winning show Sesame Street(R). Visitors will love the park's newest addition - Cookie's Monster Land! This colorful and imaginative land features five exciting rides, a three-story net climb and a soft play area. Ideal for families with young children, Sesame Place is all about being a kid - or being a kid again and sharing one-of-a-kind fun with the Sesame Street characters. Sesame Place is located 30 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes south of New York City.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Saugerties, NY
“Great Place for Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

It was my second trip to the attraction with my grandchildren. The park is geared toward children and they have everything from water rides to carnival rides, a parade, a show, shops, restaurants, etc. The kids love it. The drawback is it is very crowded and the restaurants are expensive.

Long Island, NY
“The Time of Our Lives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

My son (2-1/2) and his little friend (3-1/2) went on 8/7/09. We had a ball. Parking was convenient although we paid $15, which I think is part of any attraction park price. Once there, we rented a locker ($20....steep) but hey! In any case, the kids loved it. We tackled the dry rides first then witness the parade at 2pm. All teh characters came out dancing and shaking heads. They were so excited to see full size Elmo, Big bird, Count and all. We went from rides to rides. The lines moved fairly quickly and to see them grinning and pulling my hands for the next ride was priceless. After the parade, lunch which I thought was reasonable, $9.99 per meal. We headed towards the water ride, although a little shy about the experience, they enjoyed watching more than joining in the fun. We laughed, we talked, we hugged and the day was full of love and bonding moments.

I can't wait to go back next year and it will be definitely a 2 day package :-)
Long Island, New York

Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“It has its pros and cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Ok, we went to Sesame Place this past Monday. I must say it had its ups and downs. For starters, expensive. It will cost you $15 just to park. You want a locker, its $20. To eat, that was another $25, for two of us. I brought food for my 2 year old. We got there right when it opens which I would suggest to do. We did a lot of things in the first two hours. Then, the crowds hit. I could not believe how crowded it was. In my opinion, they should have stopped letting people into the park. The water attractions were full, you couldnt find a seat to eat and the bathrooms were getting terribly nasty. Also, there is no shade. All of the lines are out in the sun. I was a little surprised at how dirty the bathrooms and things were for the price we paid per ticket. Even with the pepsi discount it was $42 a ticket. The workers are less than friendly. We did encounter many rude visitors and it was getting so crowded that my son was being stepped on and pushed out of the way by bigger kids in the toddler area. These kids had no business being there but no one was regulating. The parade was nice if you can grab a spot to see it. Sesame Place is a lot smaller than I thought. We did everything in two hours. After 1 pm, it was too crowded and we left by 2. My advice, go early in the morning and then leave for lunch. Go somewhere offsite. Come back in the evening when the crowds have gone. The one big pro is that my son did have a great time. He is still talking about it. We were bummed that we saw only 2 characters walking around. That was it. I am not sure if we will come back as I dont know that it was worth the money. If there were less crowds and it was cleaner, we would come back for sure.

Coatesville, PA
3 attraction reviews
“Fun time for my 3 year old, park was not clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I took my 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter to Sesame place on Tuesday (8/25) We had a lot of fun there and the staff was very nice. The park was not clean at all. The pool water was cloudy and the bathrooms needed a lot of work! I got free tickets but I do not think that it is worth the full price of admission. $52 a person is pretty steep!

new jersey
8 attraction reviews
“we laughed, we cried”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

We sat in a line of traffic for the privilege to park in their junky parking lot for $15. Then we walked a million miles to the entrance to wait on line in the blazing sun for 15 minutes to buy tickets. Then another short line to have our bags checked (confiscated our apple juice for being in glass). Then another long line to enter the park. Then an outrageously long line to get a small locker for $20. Lines everywhere for everything and very few lines had any shade which i thought was really mean of them. On the other hand all was pretty clean the rides they had were fun and my two six year olds had no idea how much the other stuff aggravated us. Glad we brought our own lunch (did i mention the lines?) Ate dinner at pizzeria uno around the corner, not bad.