“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Langhorne
Cleveland, OH
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

We stayed here for a wedding and to visit Sesame Place in June, 2008.

The hotel was very crowded, as it was a busy weekend and beautiful (hot!) weather. Our room was adequate, and the beds were comfortable. I do think the rooms could use a fresh coat of paint and some elbow grease on the walls and floor.

The elevator was probably the slowest one I've seen in recent memory. It was quicker to walk to the fourth floor with our preschooler and kindergartener than it was to wait for the elevator.

The breakfast bar seems to bring out the worst in people. We witnessed other guests shoving, cutting in line, and nearly knockng over my young child because he was standing in front of the cereal...amazing. I felt bad for the breakfast bar employees.

I do not think the common areas of this hotel were overly clean. The breakfast area did not seem to be well maintained as far as cleaning floors and surfaces. The hallways were a bit dingy. I think the entire hotel could use a good scrub and a fresh coat of paint. I can not comment on the pool area, as we never used it.

The desk staff as friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Long Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

My family stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Sesame Place with our 2 year old. I have to say we were not happy with this hotel and would not stay here again. I realize that this is not a full service hotel being labeled "Express", but for the price I paid, I definitely expected more. I especially did not like my breakfast dining experience. The room was always full and dirty and we had to wait for seats. They were always running out of items, and for the 2 days we stayed they did not have any butter. The dining room staff were rude when I asked for anything and even before the breakfast time had ended, they started taking the food away. Suffice to say we will be staying at a different hotel next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

We stayed here three days for Sesame Place. Shuttle service was a major plus! The room was spacious and clean. Friendly service from the staff. Will stay here again when visiting Sesame Place next year.

• Liked — Close to Sesame Place
  • Disliked — N/A
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

We reserved a room at this hotel while visiting Sesame Place with our 2 year old son. The hotel was ok..no real complaints. Our room was pretty clean, but the hotel needs to do some touching up of their facility in my opinion...lots of "bumps and bruises". It worked though for what we needed it for. The pool is sort of tiny. The breakfast was enjoyable. The best part was the free shuttle to Sesame Place. The driver was fantastic...K'Mar, I believe was his name...very accomodating.

• Liked — The free shuttle to Sesame Place!
  • Disliked — The hotel is a little banged up in spots! Not very pleasing to the eye sometimes.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
fishkill, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

Stayed there for the weekend to go to Sesame Place. The room was very clean. The service was great. The shuttle to the park was fantastic. Very reliable.

The breakfast Sunday morning was great. Filled us up all day. It was great that the shuttle drops you off at the gate. Call about 15 minutes before you want to be picked up and they are there.

• Liked — The shuttle and Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago NW suburbs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

We just returned from 3 days at Holiday Inn Express Langhorne. We were there to do the Sesame Place 2-day ticket. When we arrived, they sent us to a room that had not been changed over, and seemed shocked that it never got cleaned. I gathered that I was not the first person this happened to, because I saw another guest go through the same ordeal. Once we got a "clean" room, it was decent, with a nice refridgerator, a microwave, and full shuttle service to Sesame Place--hooray!!! Also, loved the shower head!!! Hooray for a decent shower! Nice outdoor warm pool! Be prepared if you go in the summer to share breakfast with a crowd of children and parents eating with great gusto. The first day's breakfast was good, with some hot items and plenty of food. However, the next 2 day's breakfasts appeared to suffer a bit as they ran out of juice and cartons of milk. That makes breakfast a little challenging. . .especially with kids! It was obvious that the housekeepers were not too thorough with vacuuming. . .there was food under the dust ruffle of the bed from the previous party. The one elevator for this hotel was very slow and insufficient for the number of people visiting. Be prepared if it is busy to take the stairs or wait 10 minutes. (We were there Tues/Wed/Thurs). We had a baby in our family napping in the hotel room till 12pm with the "Do Not Disturb" sign out. Then, at 12pm, we took off the sign and notified the staff front desk that the room was available to be cleaned and restocked with towels and coffee. To our surprise that evening, the room was not cleaned and restocked and when we asked the front desk about that, there were no apologies. Instead we were told that the housekeeping staff were too busy to come back after 12pm and that they come by one time, and that's it! It was rude and unbelievable. . .especially since we had dirty towels, overflowing garbage cans, and no coffee! Sorry, but Holiday Inn Express lost my vote. I will probably not stay here again.

• Liked — Convenient to Sesame Place, Shuttle service to Sesame
  • Disliked — Poor customer service, poor housekeeping services
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

First, I stayed (or tried to stay) one other time at a Holiday Inn Express (HIE) and my husband and I checked out within an hour of checking in. When I complained to their corporate office I got no response, so this reservation was made with, well, a lot of reservations!

When looking at hotels near Sesameplace, I wanted one that was really close so we could go back to the park in the evening if we wanted, served some form of breakfast for my boys and was clean. I waited too long and most of the other hotels around Sesame were sold out or wouldn't put 4 people in one room (don't know what they expect you to do-my husband and I with our 6 year old and 2 year old = 4 people; I don't know anyone who would get two rooms in this situation but I guess if you have a lot of money it would be nice). The selling point was the fact that they have a shuttle bus to and from Sesame saving you the $13 parking fee (and that is every time you leave and come back so go out of the park for dinner and return you are now at over $25 for parking)

So, the hotel itself is very spartan. You walk in, there is a front desk with one attendant ( a VERY nice woman who was more than accomodating and helpful). The room was clean, smelled fresh (a big thing of my husband's), quiet and well located. Our room had two beds, fridge, micro, couch and table and best of all TWO TVs. We had just come from a hotel in Philadelphia where my husband happily watched golf all afternoon and my son sulked because they did not have NICK.

It was great having the fridge and the microwave since neither boy finished his dinner and later was hungry. The added space was nice because we had been on top of each other for so long it allowed us to spread out. My 6 year old got out his toys and was able to set up and we put a puzzle out for his brother at the other end of the floor and had a peaceful evening.

The only negative would be the tiny bathroom. It was difficult to get the boys into the shower and dried off in an area clearly meant for one person at a time, but I can live.

Highly recommend if you are going to Sesameplace.

• Liked — size of room and two tvs
  • Disliked — size of bathroom
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Langhorne-Oxford Valley? Share your experiences!