“Rubbish” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have never stayed in an hotel as bad as this in my life. Walls were so thin I could her the guy in the next room snoring his head off. It is not in the best part of Lancaster there was no reception at night or security so when we were kept awake for an hour with 3 hooligans on the car park at 2.30am we had no one to contact. The safe did work so you can imagine how we felt about leaving valuables in the room. Also the indication is this hotel is ideally situated to explore Amish country - don't believe it - it is to the west of Lancaster and Amish country is well to the east of Lancaster. Advice - avoid it like the plague!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
As I had said many times before, the front desk is open 24 hours a day and an auditor is on duty all night long. All you have to do is pick up the phone and dial "0". Secondly, we are located 6 to 7 miles from the outlets. and 10 miles from the Amish Community. The hotel is 2 miles away from Downtown Lancaster and it only takes 15 to 20 minutes to reach the attractions depending on the traffic.
I would like to thank you for allowing me to clarify the location of the hotel and also for letting everybody knows that there is always someone on duty at the Travelodge on Columbia Avenue in Lancaster Pa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I read a number of negative reviews but that was not my experience. Great price! About 20 minutes after arriving, front desk called just to check in to see if things were fine. I thought that was good customer service. Clean and spacious room with flat screen tv, microwave, and fridge. There is also free breakfast, although very limited (2 cereals, 1 milk, 2 juices, coffe/tea, pastries, slim bagels, and waffles that you toast) ... Yet, I wouldn't expect better for the hotel quality. No hair conditioner, only shampoo. In the morning, I experienced faint smoke smell due to smokers in other room. Otherwise, no complaints. I stayed here about 6 months ago, and had I rated it at that time, it would have been a very bad review. I think they may be renovating rooms, little by little. For me, most important is security. My first time there, windows didn't lock, but now windows secure, door secured. All was good. Will stay here again when looking for budget motel.

• Stayed September 2013
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your objective review and for noticing our efforts to improve the exterior of the builiding as well as the quality of the rooms.
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Did not care for this place. I tried to book a room at my regular place, and found nothing but this place that had rooms. Well???? I don’t think I would be coming back, First the room smelled (I do bring frabreze).

We stayed two nights, and went out the first day touring, when we got back the DOOR WAS OPEN!!!! Nothing was missing, BUT COME ON!!!!. The cleaning people did not make sure the door was closed correctly. I did call to let them know… and they were sorry.

If you are looking for a nice shower when you come bank (go someplace else) there is NO water pressure.

The good part is the staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
9.13.13
Dear phil,
I am sorry that housekeeping did not close your door carefully . I am sure it was not intentional but I understand that you had every right to be upset about it. I am glad that you found the staff friendly. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it.
Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went with our two kids to visit Dutch Wonderland and stayed here for two nights. The staff was friendly, we had clean linen, excellent wifi ( we streamed movies over Netflix) and a refrigerator and microwave in the room. All of this for just 55 bucks/night.

While there was no separate place to sit down and eat breakfast, one couldn't have asked for more at this price. MG Patel, the General Manager was very friendly and so was Shane at the front office.

I would stay there again ! Oh... one more thing, we had a cozy balcony

Room Tip: Choose level 2 if you want less noise. The Indian Restaurant (on site) has good food.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brigitte H, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
9.10.13
Dear Cyrus,
I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to review the hotel in such positive terms. It was our pleasure to have you and your family with us, and we hope to see you again.

Been to Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge? Share your experiences!