“Good for a night stay but thats it!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
“Good for a night stay but thats it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This place is a dump! Its very very outdated the rooms have a horrible smell and the customer service is horrible! The breakfast or lack there of is a joke u better bring a tray cause u fotta bring it back to ur room to eat the staff is very rude and not professional at all there very short with u and the pool is in the parking lot!! Not private at all us the showers are just a joke small and the water pressure is horrible but at least they have comfy beds and pillows and its in a good location but u sure do pay for what u get the rooms are cheap just like the decor and staff service!

• Stayed September 2012
MGPATEL, General Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Sir,
We are grateful to trip advisor for asking you to remove the inappropriate comments on your former review.
In the hospitality business, we appreciate constructive criticisms which help us improve our business, and I can assure you that our staff is very friendly and professional, as you can see in the majority of the reviews.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
CHARLOTTE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

After driving for over 12 hours, it was good to land in a nice environment to a smiling face. Brigitte was the person at the front desk,when we arrived. She was friendly and so helpful. She answered our questions about the area and told us to make sure and let her know if we needed anything. She was genuine in her interactions with us. My short review would say... The room was clean, the rate was good and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Brigitte H, Front desk at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Kathy,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay; and I personnally thank you for your very nice compliment.
Talking with both of you was easy and enjoyable. I hope to see you again in a near future.
Brigitte
PALM BAY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The only problem I had was I was in a smoking room and it stunk of tobacco. Nex time i'll request a non smoking room. I will be around York in April hope te service is as good.

Lancaster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room had an unpleasant smell and the bedding and carpets could use an update.

Otherwise the room was quiet and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

PITTSGROVE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

When leaving I was told that a receipt would be sent via e-mail and that a paper receipt was not available. It was not until I got home that I saw I was charged for a safe in the room. I did not ask for a safe, nor did I need one or use it. It was not a large sum of money, but I felt it was slipped in there. If everyone that uses this motel gets this charge, you are talking a lot of money. I feel it was underhanded and deliberately hidden from me. I will never stay there again. I hate deceit.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

MGPATEL, General Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
9.29.12
Dear Karen,
We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry that you think you deceived you, but I would like to clarify our position. When a guest signs the registration card, the safe charge is described very clearly. It says on the registration card " I understand a $1.50 fee for the safe with limited warranty will appear on my bill and may be removed upon request at check out". Furthermore there is also a sign posted prominently at the front desk.
I refunded $1.50 on your credit card and emailed you a copy of the folio with the refund. Once again we thank you for letting us know what was troubling you, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I needed a place to stay while attending a relative's funeral. This was not a good choice because it was clearly a place for parties. A party was taking place on both sides of my room, which meant it was also taking place on the balcony in front of my room. After driving for 10 hours, the noise and rowdy behavior -- thin walls -- was not at all appreciated.
Room was clean, a good bed, front desk was helpful. Room was a bit dark. The room book said breakfast went until 10am, but in the lobby the sign says breakfast ends at 9:30am. I missed breakfast the first day because of that. No where to eat your breakfast, you have to take it back to your room, and good luck if you did not remember to bring a tray to carry everything on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MGPATEL, General Manager at Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
September 25th 2012
Dear Canadian guest,
We thank you for your feedback and we are deeply sorry that your neighbors were rowdy and noisy the night you stayed with us. Usually this is a peaceful and quiet place, but unfortunately sometimes some guests are not as well behaved as we would like them to be.
We are glad that the room was satisfactory and the front desk helpful.
We revised the breakfast hours in our booklet, and even tough the correct breakfast time is posted in the lobby, we apologize for the inconvenience it might have caused you.
Once again, we thank you for helping us improve the quality of our services.
East Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed there overnight for a quick visit to the Amish country. Room was clean and they accepted pets, so it fit us okay since we arrived about 11:00 pm and left by 8:00 am. Beds were comfortable with good pillows. Can't say much about the breakfast. A couple trays of pastries and two cold cereals. No place to sit and eat. The desk clerks were helpful when needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lancaster Amish Country Travelodge? Share your experiences!