“Beautifully Decorated for Holidays” 3 of 5 stars

You added Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center to your Saves list
Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Ranked #22 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
“Beautifully Decorated for Holidays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very clean! But old and needs some repairs in guest rooms. Peeling ceiling over shower. Noisy heater all night long. Needs more plugs for electronics.
Buffet breakfast is delicious and has a wonderful array of choices. Something for everyone.
The main lobby is beautifully decorated for Christmas!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Aston, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

i recently had the pleasure of attending a conference there with approximately 700 colleagues.the staff was very friendly,accomodating,patient,helpful and courteous. The place could use some updating but after all i wasn't staying at the trump tower.there was more than enough room for everything my group had going on.we were provided with a breakfast buffet on both days which was ABUNDANT.also there was a dinner buffety the first night with more than an ample amount of choices.the food was good, the service was pleasant,my room was clean and i didn't go broke going there.i will be looking forward to returning next year!

Aston, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is about the only place in the area that has the room to accommodate the size of the conference I was attending. It is a continuing education conference and we have been coming to the Host for many, many years. While the lobby area is nice and spacious, the conference rooms and hotel rooms are showing their age. It is beginning to look dingy and as though an updating is sorely needed.

The staff are extremely friendly and courteous meeting our every need. The stay was very enjoyable because at this particular conference I had the opportunity to reconnect with people I have not have seen in years. But as a venue it is beginning to look a bit tired.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Harry S, General Manager at Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We are pleased to read you enjoyed your conference as well as your visit here with us at the Lancaster Host. We are grateful that you took time to post your comments regarding your experience and appreciative of your positive review and wonderful scores in each individual category.

As for the overall condition of the hotel; I can assure you that our hotel management team as well as our corporate team is dedicated to an ongoing program to update the facility as funding is available, unfortunately this may not happen as quickly as we would like.

Thank you for choosing the Host, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your patronage, and we look forward to seeing you again next year, if not sooner.

If I may be of any further service please feel free to contact me directly at hstevens@lancasterhost.com

Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here Nov 12-14 for a conference. I will start with my first impressions. The overall feeling i got was outdated.. outdated lobby area and conference rooms. I think there is potential for a good modern updated, but it would need to be overhauled. There was a musty smell throughout the hotel and in the conference rooms which got worse in some areas. The front desk staff and all of the staff were super super helpful and nice and always on top of clearing plates, being polite and helpful, i can't stress that enough.. Good job!!! When i got to my room, it was tidy, but the everything just looked dingy and old and therefore I never felt overly comfortable. My room was warm and when i tried to adjust the temperature with the archaic thermostat and fan, it didn't work. I tried calling the front desk, but my phone also didn't work. When I got to the front desk, the staff was helpful again and changed my room without any problems. In my next room, I had similar impression... musty smell, dingy, etc. At least I could adjust the temperature of the room. Since I travel for work frequently, I do not pack my own toiletries. The ones in this hotel weren't very good, I would recomment bringing your own. The food that I had was average, but it was served buffet style to serve a large amount of people attending the conference. I would not book this hotel for a stay or recommend it. There are also smoking rooms which you can smell throughout the hotel. The gym did not open early enough although the staff was willing to open it earlier for us and there was a small lap pool. The only thing about this hotel that impressed me was the consistent helpful and friendly staff. Unfortunately that is not enough for me to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this hotel so i would not recommend any room. If you decide to stay I woul...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your personal observations regarding your recent stay here at the Lancaster Host. Please accept my sincere apology relative to the difficulty you experienced with operating the HVAC and the dead telephone.

Am pleased to read the hotel staff were accommodating, professional and friendly, as they truly the heart and soul of this hotel.

As the majority of our reviews indicate, the Lancaster Host is a wonderful place to stay while you are in the Lancaster area due to its central location and its unique family amenities.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I was at the resort for a 2 day meeting. It's a wonderful place to have your meetings or marketing expo. There is plenty of space for anything. It has its own place to eat with a indoor and outdoor pool. I will have to go back in the summer to fully enjoy the surroundings. It's right across from Duth Wonder Land. Great for family fun. Plenty of shopping and other food spots to eat on Rt. 30. Try it out..

• Stayed November 2012
greensburg, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been coming to this hotel for my husband's annual continung education conference for close to twenty years. The hotel is far from being as nice as it used to be. The updating and upkeep is not consistent throughout the facilty. While the drapes and bedspread looked newer and fresh....the bathroom faucet and knobs were old and very dirty. ...the shower worn and dingy. Our room had four mismatched outdated lamps....almost like they had found them at various flea markets. We usually enjoy walking around the golf course on the backtopped walking path. But this year the backtop paving had so many holes and irregularities in it that it made walking difficult and unpleasant. While we were there a major portion of the lobby was curtained off as they tried to fix a leak in the ceiling. Years ago you would have entered the lobby and gotten a feeling of "Wow...I feel so special to be staying here!"....this year my initial impression was "Wow is this place looking old and worn out.....why is the conference being held here??"

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are pleased to read you enjoyed your conference as well as your visit here with us at the Lancaster Host. We are grateful that you took time to post your comments regarding your experience and appreciative of your review and wonderful scores in three of five categories.

As for the overall condition of the hotel; I can assure you that our hotel management team as well as our corporate team is dedicated to an ongoing program to update the facility as funding is available, unfortunately this may not happen as quickly as we would like for our guests. We did repair the leak in the main lobby, was unfortunate timing, but we expedited the repair.

Loudonville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Prior reviews were bad, and expected the worst. But the Hotel and our room was clean and neat, service was good, and the amenities were perfect for October. Nice running course around the golf course was very relaxing. Close to everything Amish, with a little Outlet shopping thrown in. Would recommend for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lancaster Host Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!