“VERY NICE” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Lancaster
Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania
“VERY NICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I usually read reviews prior to making a reservation, however for this hotel I did not. I liked the pictures and because I was traveling with my grandchildren, the pictures of the waterpark would have to suffice. I nor my grands were disappointed. Hotel was clean, Staff were friendly, breakfast/included was good places to eat and shop in walking distance and in the words of the grands, the waterpark and pool was AWESOME. No complaints, this hotel was good for the price. I was very satisfied.

Room Tip: If traveling with children 1st or 2nd floor closet to the pool area
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. The free hot breakfast is a popular feature of our hotel and is always a hit with families. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New Holland, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I stayed here as part of a staycation adventure because we wanted to use the attached waterpark. My stay was excellent. The staff was extremely polite and friendly. Check in and out was fast and easy. The building is old and extremely dated, but the rooms are clean and the bedding new. Breakfast in the morning was a madhouse, but we got what we needed. I'd stay here again. It was a fun time.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We brought our 3 young kids here recently for a one night stay. The outside of the property looks a little shady, but the rooms, halls, and facilities are all kept very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to assist us. The pools were clean and the kids had a blast.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Putnam, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful Managers Kamal, Dalia and Michelle and Staff. They were friendly, efficient and concerned that we were not only comfortable but enjoyed their home for us while away from our own. The rooms were more than clean, with our nonsmoking room smelling fresh each day.

My wife was not feeling well for a day and remained at the Inn. The staff was most attentive to her needs as I was at the conference we had come to attend. The small refrigerator in our room malfunctioned. Dalia immediately paged Kamal. I spoke with Kamal about the medical supplies my wife needed to keep refrigerated. He immediately arranged for another refrigerator to be put in our room. I believe it was the best one in the whole Inn.

Budget Host Inn and Suites is very fortunate to have wonderful Managers like Kamal, Dalia and Michelle, along with the well trained and hard working supporting staff, that all so graciously reflect the very heart of hospitality. Well done.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. Thanks for your patience and understanding in your malfunctioning fridge and allowing us to correct the problem and understanding that situations like this can arise, but given the opportunity, we will correct these items as fast as possible to minimize your inconvenience. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Smyrna, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

At first i was very skeptical on the whole hotel. Its a redone Howard Johnson but whatever the trip is what matters. When we checked in the Staff was very informative, friendly, and extremely helpful. we booked a weekend stay.. night 1 at AARP rate, nite 2 at water park rate and checked out sunday morning. The room was very clean and tidy no complaints there its a made over howard johnson so i was pleased with the updates. It wasnt to packed for a weekend stay. we stayed 4/24-4/26/15. 1st night we took the kids to indoor pool witch was very clean and the water was like bath water just the way i like it... next morning when we woke up we went to breakfast i was expecting continental breakfast, hot food is not continental there were 6 waffle irons sausage eggs plus the normal continental cereal pastries toast bagel yogurt fruit cofee milk juice. it was amazing we had waffles, eggs sausage everyday for breakfast very pleased with that..
The water park was awesome the kids loved it me and the hubby loved the spa/hottub.. the kids had so much fun in them pools they even have a small water slide for the little kids.. me n hubby went down big water slides and so did my oldest they were fast and fun we couldn't get enough of dumping bucket n the slides n hot tub even the kids loved the hot tub!!! everyone is very friendly will definitely be coming back wish we could stayed longer we had a great weekend trip.. we give it 5*s.. take my advice reasonable price and everything is great. Dont get me wrong it aint no Ritz the hotel needs a outside update, but overall great family trip all in all.

they have a microwave but its at fro9nt desk would be more convenient if all rooms had microwave

Family of 5

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

The indoor water park and pool was good for the family they had a good time the room was ok but the doors need to have the child safety locks on the top because when my husband and I was sleeping my 3 year old opened the door and was in the hallway 3 o'clock in the morning and thank god a wonderful woman brought her back to us anything could have happened to her that experience scared me to death please get child safety locks I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

I must admit I was a bit skeptical about staying here, but my kids wanted to go swimming, so we decided to give this place a try because of their indoor water park. I was very surprised by what they offered. The breakfast was by far what surprised me the most and is more than what can be found at other hotels. We were there on a weekend, so it was extremely busy where it was layed out, room seems small for the amount of people in the hotel. People were everywhere, even lined out the door to make waffles, but everyone seemed orderly and like me, was surprised by everything they had there. The room itself was nice, yes it's not a fancy place, but it was clean and that was my main concern. Staff was extremely friendly all around. Front desk made check in easy and even interacted with my kids, getting them even more excited to go down the slides. They had a blast swimming and made new friends. We will definately be going back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2015

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!