“Mrs.McCrimmon” 3 of 5 stars

2015 Package Deals
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Lancaster
“Mrs.McCrimmon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The indoor water park and pool was good for the family they had a good time the room was ok but the doors need to have the child safety locks on the top because when my husband and I was sleeping my 3 year old opened the door and was in the hallway 3 o'clock in the morning and thank god a wonderful woman brought her back to us anything could have happened to her that experience scared me to death please get child safety locks I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I must admit I was a bit skeptical about staying here, but my kids wanted to go swimming, so we decided to give this place a try because of their indoor water park. I was very surprised by what they offered. The breakfast was by far what surprised me the most and is more than what can be found at other hotels. We were there on a weekend, so it was extremely busy where it was layed out, room seems small for the amount of people in the hotel. People were everywhere, even lined out the door to make waffles, but everyone seemed orderly and like me, was surprised by everything they had there. The room itself was nice, yes it's not a fancy place, but it was clean and that was my main concern. Staff was extremely friendly all around. Front desk made check in easy and even interacted with my kids, getting them even more excited to go down the slides. They had a blast swimming and made new friends. We will definately be going back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. The free hot breakfast is a popular feature of our hotel and is always a hit with families. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Clifton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

EVERYTHING about this hotel is terrible except for the water park. That does not make up for the rest of the problems. Customer service is terrible. We informed the hotel when booking that we had 6 people in the party. Get ready for bed and find out that the pull out bed is only a twin. Only sleeps 5. Front desk staff who barely spoke English were unable to think of a solution. I had to suggest that they bring either another pull out or a roll away bed. Room was smelly. Drawer broken on cabinet under TV. TV reception bad. Sheets unclean and found hair in sheets when opening bed.

Room Tip: For a good room, go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
I'm sorry to hear that you had some confusion concerning your reservation. I'd like to clarify some things concerning your review.

Our room descriptions and pictures clearly indicate what is in each room. Yes, it is correct, that a 2 bedroom suite can hold a maximum of 6 people, however, it is also clearly stated that there are only 2 queen beds and a twin sleeper sofa in that room. If a guest has 6 people, it is up to the guests' discretion on whether this set up will be sufficient or if they need to make other arrangements (this may include the guest bringing their own air mattress or inquiring to the hotel prior to arrival if a roll-away bed is available and for how much). In some cases, 2 adults could fit on 1 bed and 3 children could fit on the other bed and 1 child could fit on the sleeper sofa. In some cases, 2 adults could fit on 1 bed, 2 children could fit on the other bed and 1 child could fit on the sleeper sofa and an infant could be in a crib and an extra bed is not required. This is why it is the guests' discretion, since we at the hotel don't know your circumstances.

A roll-away bed was provided to you at no charge due to the confusion.

I apologize for any confusion you had concerning your reservation, however, I feel that the staff handled the situation correctly. I've never had a guest present this type of situation, so I believe what is presented on the website is accurate and informative to everyone who views it. I again apologize that you felt mis-informed.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I must admit, with reviews I wondered if we made a mistake staying here. But as far as our stay, we had a really nice time. Room was clean, tv was fine, bathroom was clean, shower was nice. Outlets to plug in phones were dicey, some worked and others did not hold the plug. Kids loved the water park. And I loved the fact that 5 feet was the max, with most around 3 feet deep. Great for kids. The pool was very nice too. Close to area restaurants, shopping villages and 20 minutes from Turkey Hill. Staff was very friendly. The hotel itself can use a freshening up overall, but it was clean. Would definitely take the family here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

THe water park was amazing, the kids loved it and did not want to leave,
The slide was great, water basketball, rope and balance lilly pads were a ton of fun
Plenty to do , close to everything you want to visit. restaurants , shopping,
Parks, theaters, tours, we stayed for two days and did more than we thought we would.
Price is very reasonable ****.
The rooms were big, clean,
We will be staying there again. would recommend budget host inn
To everyone.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was our third year in a row for our Easter get away. We always stay Sat-Mon. It was a mixup with our room but they moved us the next morning and gave us a discount. The staff all are great. Michelle at the front desk is very polite and very helpful. I dont remember the African American lady's name that greeted me, but is was lovely to know that she remembered me from staying before. The housekeepers were friendly and very helpful. The rooms are ok and we always enjoy the water park. See you next year.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed our stay. The staff was nice to give us extra towels. The pool was warm and the water just perfect for our kids. Our room sink was clogged but the manager took care of it right away. The breakfast had a great choice. Would recommend this hotel due to waterpark.

Room Tip: Great waterpark. Book early
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. The free hot breakfast is a popular feature of our hotel and is always a hit with families. Thanks for your patience and understanding in your clogged sink and allowing us to correct the problem and understanding that situations like this can arise, but given the opportunity, we will correct these items as fast as possible to minimize your inconvenience. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!