“Disgusting with Attitude - AVOID” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2100 Lincoln Hwy E. (Rt. 30 East), Lancaster, PA 17602   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Ottawa
“Disgusting with Attitude - AVOID”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

AVOID - This hotel is disgusting. It makes Super 8 look like the Taj Mahal. There is a stench in the hallways that makes one feel ill. The pool is rusting and unkept.The rooms outmoded and feel filmy (a layer of dirt it seems.) Many on staff inconsiderate and unable to recognize an issue. The hotel is attached to an abandoned Howard Johnson. Don't let your kids wander far lest they lost in this abandoned hotel. AVOID!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

In town for a volleyball tournament and this was where the organizers had our team staying. They should reconsider before sending anyone back. Outdated is the best way to describe this hotel. Although the rooms have been "renovated", you still feel as though you've walked back into the 1960's when staying here. It seemed relatively clean, but if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Bathroom was very small, rusty hinges on the door, no fan to clear out steam, water pressure a bit low and they didn't provide any additional soap, shampoo, etc. for the second day of our stay. Cheap is the word that comes to mind. When checking in, the two people working at the desk were commenting to each other about how they wish they didn't have to be there. After staying 3 nights, I wish I didn't have to be there either. Although not overly expensive, you don't get much value or extras for your money. You can do better with little to no problem. Find a better option.

Room Tip: Find another place
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, yesterday
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We certainly would have liked to have the chance to correct any items you had a concern with during your stay, rather than hearing about them after your check out. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. I look forward to having you stay with us again.
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Originally I had taken my kids to see the amish and spend a wonderful time away from home. But when we arrived there, it was just non stop rain. I talked to this sweet lady name shantel on things i could do since my plans were ruined. She recommended me to the water park in the hotel. Kids had a blast and i didnt even hacr to travel far! Thank you so much, my kids loved it.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. As a reminder, the water park is open all year round, on the weekends, so no matter what the weather, you can always enjoy yourself indoors at the water park. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Came to do some final Christmas shopping with my cousin. Upon arrival I was greeted with a great smile from a young lady named Chantel and dahlia. They allowed us to check in early, also recommended things to do while we waited for my mom and aunt to arrive. Room was pleasant and breakfast was acceptable. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed December 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. The free hot breakfast is a popular feature of our hotel and is always a hit with families. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family spent New Years day and night here at the indoor water park which was fun for my family especially my younger children. The water park has a large pool, a baby pool with a large bucket that dumps water at timed intervals, tube water slides that are fast and a hot tub for kids and adults. They do provide towels to use at the water park as well. You have to stay at the motel in order to use the water park and the water park is located in the motel. The room was very basic and a bit outdated but was fine for my family since it was clean. We will definitely go there again!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Waynesboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the third time my family has stayed at this hotel. Michelle and Dalia were the two ladies that were in the office during our stay and they took very good care of us and our guests. The indoor waterpark is awesome during the winter and with the pass you can eat and come back to the park several times before it closes. The rooms are clean and the continental breakfast included is delicious. Their are great choices with waffles, cereal and several hot entrees. The hotel is close to all of the area attractions. This visit I invited friends and out of town family members and they loved it to. I will continue to come back and book my next family trip soon. We can not wait.

Room Tip: waterpark is great
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff provided excellent service; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. I am glad to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park, attached to our hotel. The free hot breakfast is a popular feature of our hotel and is always a hit with families. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The name says it all. There is nothing luxury about this place. This is the place you take the kiddies for end of summer indoor water park fun and that's about it. Book a room. Pay for the indoor water park. Order a pizza (they deliver to the park) and let the kids enjoy. Our son made friends and slid down the slide so many times we lost count. Whole weekend under $200. Can't beat that with a stick.

Stayed August 2014

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!