“Good place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Oshawa
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed one night on our swing through Pennsylvania and it was fine. They accepted the discount coupon from the books given out at state welcome centers, check in was quick with no issues. Staff was friendly and directed us to use the entrance without the stairs as we both are seniors with rolling suitcases so it made it easier for us to get our stuff into the rooms.

Internet was fast, breakfast was good and pricing was reasonable. And it's conveniently located close to Amish country as well as restaurants and brew pubs in Lancaster.

The only slight issue for us was that the indoor pool that we wanted to use was full of noisy kids but that's to be expected during the summer.

We'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 days ago
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. Hopefully during your next visit you will be able to enjoy our indoor pool, which is heated and open year round. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host you and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We thought for the deal that we got when we booked our trip that we would have to be sacrificing something; cleanliness or comfort and we were pleasantly surprised that that wasn't the case. The grounds are clean and well - kept and the rooms were better than we hoped. The staff was helpful and friendly and the free breakfasts were definitely a plus, good and hot. If you're looking for a place to stay that's not going to cost you a fortune, but you'll be comfortable and close to everything, then this is the place.

• Stayed July 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. I am also happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and your family; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. The free hot breakfast is a very popular feature of our hotel and is always a hit with families. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were pleased with the rooms and the service. Jordan Eden was excellent in caring and helping us with every request. Keep this person! We were close to our convention and the outlet stores. There was a lot of attractions, restaurants and nightlife.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 days ago
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and your family; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Farmingdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This will be our family regular spot while staying in the Lancaster area. Hal the manager was very helpful and made us feel right at home. Rooms are very nice and clean. Pool was great. Very good free hot breakfast.

Room Tip: suite was perfect for large families
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Germantown, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I get it - it's a fine place to stay when you are on a budget and you don't plan to be in your room or you want to enjoy the weekend at the "water park". However, there are so many things that could be done to increase the mere pleasantness of the stay. We were in town for an event at The Nook and this was the last available choice for the dates we needed. I did not purchase through The Nook as they only offered the single room so I opted to reserve the "suite" (2 adults and a child that plays elite level sports..1 bed and a pull-out is a bit tight and stinky for 3.5 days). This is simply two adjoining rooms - where only one has drawer space and neither has a closet (there is a section set apart for hanging items but no door). I appreciated the refrigerator in the room and it kept our items cold. However, common courtesy would be to have at the very least a single paper (maybe laminated) explaining when/where breakfast was served, how to work the lights and plugs (all the switches had to be in the on position), where the vending and ice machines are, the price and times for the pool, water park, and exercise facility location and times and perhaps some recommended restaurants/ outlet shopping near by. Yes, there were signs if your room was close to those areas, but again, I appreciate customer service. We checked in late Thursday and I availed myself of the coffee maker in the room on Friday morning. When I checked out on Monday the coffee filter still had not been taken care of or the coffee pods replaced. Thank goodness for the DD nearby. It is also difficult to drink coffee from the small plastic cups that were the only things provided (and also not replaced). It was also apparent that the shampoo bottle in one of the bathrooms had been used and not replenished before we arrived. Everyone who worked there that I would see in the halls was very polite and the location was easy to get to, I just would have appreciated a little more attention to detail and not making me "feel" like I was staying in a "budget" hostel (yes, it is more of a hostel than a hotel...).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. Please allow me to clarify a few things. For the latest tournament at Spooky Nook, we had rooms set aside in a room block specifically for the tournament. This block was about 95% filled, with a few rooms left. A call to Spooky Nook or a click on the tournament website would have given you up to the minute room counts and availability. Booking outside of some tournament room blocks puts you at risk to not play in the tournament, as you have to book thru the tournament to play. As far as location and times of various things around the hotel, there is a sign in the lobby stating the times, they are also explained to you when checking in, along with general directions to them as well as your room, third, there is a room directory in each room that includes a hotel map, hours and locations of various things in the hotel and a listing of restaurants, shopping and entertainment in the area and fourth, there are numerous directional signs in the hallways giving guidance to all guests. I'm glad to hear that the staff was polite and friendly. We would have been glad to help you with any information you required during your stay if you would have stopped at the front desk and asked. I'm sorry you felt this information wasn't readily available to you; however, I have not received any other complaints from other guests such as yours. I hope you will give us another chance to convince you we are better than what you experienced.
Wyalusing, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Three adults and four children (4-7 yrs old) were in our two connected rooms. While the rooms were comfortable, minor repairs were needed in the bathrooms. Kids loved the pool; we wish it would have opened earlier so we could swim before heading out to Dutch Wonderland and the Science Factory. Refrigerators in the rooms were great! And the location of the hotel gave all sorts of options for eating, shopping, and outings.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time in our indoor pool. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
orrtanna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Two adults three kids...187$ for a night and day of stay and water park. The lady named Brenda who checked us in was very nice and helpful. We kinda got suckered into paying for water park. We just wanted a pool and when we checked in I guess they thought we meant park...be specific. I had three little ones under five so the park was only doable for the one but still well worth it.

• Stayed May 2014
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!