“Outstanding service made the difference” 3 of 5 stars

Announcement
Gift Certificates Avail.
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Spotswood, New Jersey
“Outstanding service made the difference”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Jordan was at the front desk the morning we checked out. Infact, I had checked out almost 2 hours earlier, and realized I was missing my glasses.
I went back to the hotel and Jordan went to the room with me to search
for the glasses. The cleaning staff was working on the room. (Infact, they had found another item I had left behind!) I went through the trash while Jordan checked every place I thought I had checked when I packed up earlier. She found the glasses. They had fallen off the nightstand and were behind the headboard! She truly saved my vacation and the hundreds of dollars I would have had to spend on a new pair. She also refused the small "reward"
I wanted to give her.
I'd also like to mention Hal who was there when we arrived. He came with us to
the room to see if it met our needs, and then took us to another room which was more to our
liking. A little later he put on his "techie" hat and helped my daughter get the wi-fi hook-up she
needed for an important business communication.
Obviously the cleaning staff were on the ball too, AND my other daughter commented to me on the pleasant hostess she had encountered earlier that morning in the breakfast room.
It was the very thoughtful accommodating staff that made the real difference in our stay, and I will go back there on my next trip to Lancaster, PA

Room Tip: We preferred the second floor rooms over the ground floor. I would have liked better lighting in...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and your family; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have to say our stay wasnt that bad, the rooms may be on the smaller side but for 3 people in 1 room it can work. Your out all day so basically your there to lay your head down and to start another day. I have to say that my daughter slept on the pull out bed and as she came to the edge of the bed to get off the wires broke by the feet area. We went up to the desk and told a wonderful soft spoken staff named (Jordan) what happen and she said she will take care of it. When we came back from our day, The room was cleaned and the bed was fixed. I also have to say there was another staff named (Hal) very very cool. He helped big time on where to go and things to try.Great sense of humor and just down to earth.Loved him!!!! Wish him all the best and more. The pool indoor pool was very nice, and of course the waterpark was very cool. dont expect great wolf lodge but for what you pay and where it is. It was good enough. My family and I will prob go back. hopefully Hal will be there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and your family; excellent customer service is a priority of our staff. The Caribbean Indoor Water Park is always a winner for families with children, as well as the indoor pool. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to host your family and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Phoenixville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

With each of my frequent visits to the Budget Host in Lancaster, I am pleasantly surprised by improvements to the facitily. The newly paved parking lot is the first sign that the campaign to turn this into a first class resort destination is continuing since my last visit. Then there is the more than ample free breakfast with a plethora of adult and children favorities. The place has always been neat and clean, staffed with friendly people and relatively quiet despite the significant number of children who inhabit the pool and the attached indoor waterpark. My grandchilden have a great time there and so does their parents and I. Hats off to Budget Host staff and management. Keep it up!

Room Tip: Check in ealier than the 3 pm posted time.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and that you were completely satisfied with your room. Thanks for noticing and acknowledging our continued efforts to improve our property. I look forward to seeing you and your family during your next stay with us!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in 2 connecting rooms for my little cousin's 6th birthday. The overall room was OK at first, we enjoyed the water park (the kids loved it) As we went to bed for the night, I woke up itching on my wrist. Having worked in a hotel, I started looking on the bed for bed bugs. I found a total of 3 in one room. There was one crawling on the pillow and 1 on the side of the bed. There was another bug on the other bed on the pillow. I took the bugs in a napkin to the front desk at 3:00 AM (the front desk person was sleeping) he asked if we could wait until the morning to get taken care of but we requested our refund and got the hell out of there. Not to mention, earlier in the day we called the front desk for extra blankets 3 times with no answer. I do not recommend staying here. We had to take extreme precautions to assure that we didn't bring any bugs home with us. The water park is great but it's not worth the haste. I will NEVER stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit with us. The items that you mentioned have been corrected and I entrust you have received your complete refund credit to your credit card by this time. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I hope you will give us another chance to show that we can do better. I hope to see you again soon.
New Castle, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Since our last visit, we noticed the upgrades right in the lobby. The new lobby was nice and spacious. Staff was friendly and even our room there was changes. The big pillows were relaxing. Noticed that they added a fitness and computer center. The new hot breakfast was the best ! Nice to see the upgrades.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we are now offering a free hot breakfast. We have also opened a new fitness center and a new business center. We have also recently remodeled our lobby. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

First off, let me say that the customer service was fantastic upon arrival and check out. What we didn't enjoy was our bathroon(s)in our suite were not clean. One of the toilets had dried urine around toilet seat and below it, the showers had hair in the tub and walls of the shower. Not to mention, there are cameras in the hallways, but no one stopped the indoor track meet that was taking place throughout the hallways at 12am. Children and teenagers were out of control running through the halls.

On the better side, the waterpark was fun and entertaining. The service staff were great, the hot breakfast of (eggs, sausage, waffles, coffee, danishes, bagles, fruit, and more was a PLUS for us. Definitely a winner with 4 children!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and your family. The Caribbean Indoor Water Park is always a winner for families with children and the free hot breakfast in the morning is always a good way to start out the day; I'm glad you got to take advantage of both. As for the lack of detail in housekeeping, I apologize for this and will follow up with the proper staff to ensure this is prevented. It sounds like your overall experience was positive and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Sparrow Bush, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I had searched online for a place that had a two bedroom two bathroom suite in the Lancaster area. Although I was not familiar with Budget Host Inn, the online pictures looked very nice. The pictures must be very very old! When pulling into the parking lot the outside did not look as well kept as the online pictures. The lobby was okay. The suite was absolutely awful!!! Holes in the wall, wallboarder hanging off the wall, bubbled wallpaper. As far as cleanliness, there was none. I immediately put the bags back in the car and returned to the front desk. Upon checking in they charged the full stay to my credit card. They did not have an issue refunding my money but there we were with no place to stay. Horrible horrible place and experience. I can only imagine what the rest of the place looked like. I strongly urge you not to consider this hotel. I also strongly urge the Budget Host Inn to inspect this hotel and their "4 lantern rating".

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I apologize for the condition of the room you were assigned. We would have been happy to switch you to another room that you found to be acceptable. The pictures on our website were taken 1 month ago and are all current. The outside of our property is well maintained with lawn service daily, new flowers and mulch have been installed, trash is routinely picked up and our parking lot was just sealed and re-striped last week. We also had a professional go thru all our guest rooms and fixed, glued and patched any wallpaper that was a problem. I again apologize and hope you will give us a chance to show we can do better.

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!