“Ok....Not Great!!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #22 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
“Ok....Not Great!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

First off, let me say that the customer service was fantastic upon arrival and check out. What we didn't enjoy was our bathroon(s)in our suite were not clean. One of the toilets had dried urine around toilet seat and below it, the showers had hair in the tub and walls of the shower. Not to mention, there are cameras in the hallways, but no one stopped the indoor track meet that was taking place throughout the hallways at 12am. Children and teenagers were out of control running through the halls.

On the better side, the waterpark was fun and entertaining. The service staff were great, the hot breakfast of (eggs, sausage, waffles, coffee, danishes, bagles, fruit, and more was a PLUS for us. Definitely a winner with 4 children!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and your family. The Caribbean Indoor Water Park is always a winner for families with children and the free hot breakfast in the morning is always a good way to start out the day; I'm glad you got to take advantage of both. As for the lack of detail in housekeeping, I apologize for this and will follow up with the proper staff to ensure this is prevented. It sounds like your overall experience was positive and I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sparrow Bush, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I had searched online for a place that had a two bedroom two bathroom suite in the Lancaster area. Although I was not familiar with Budget Host Inn, the online pictures looked very nice. The pictures must be very very old! When pulling into the parking lot the outside did not look as well kept as the online pictures. The lobby was okay. The suite was absolutely awful!!! Holes in the wall, wallboarder hanging off the wall, bubbled wallpaper. As far as cleanliness, there was none. I immediately put the bags back in the car and returned to the front desk. Upon checking in they charged the full stay to my credit card. They did not have an issue refunding my money but there we were with no place to stay. Horrible horrible place and experience. I can only imagine what the rest of the place looked like. I strongly urge you not to consider this hotel. I also strongly urge the Budget Host Inn to inspect this hotel and their "4 lantern rating".

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I apologize for the condition of the room you were assigned. We would have been happy to switch you to another room that you found to be acceptable. The pictures on our website were taken 1 month ago and are all current. The outside of our property is well maintained with lawn service daily, new flowers and mulch have been installed, trash is routinely picked up and our parking lot was just sealed and re-striped last week. We also had a professional go thru all our guest rooms and fixed, glued and patched any wallpaper that was a problem. I again apologize and hope you will give us a chance to show we can do better.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

want to thank Brindha 4 an amazing stay at your hotel she greeted us with an amazing friendliness and made sure that we had everything we needed to be comfortable the night that we stayed then the next evening something unexpected came up and WS needed to stay in Pennsylvania one more night not only was she able to give us the same room on short notice once we got there around 8pm or so we had a conversation for around 20 minutes or so about many things my point is that brindha is a amazing host with exceptionalness customer service qualities she is also an amazing person as a whole so t u brindha I hope i spelled your name correctly both Robyn and myself (Anthony) want to thank you for being who you are and for wha you bring to the budget host inn. There needs to be more people like you with your personsality your motivation and your eagerness to satisfy the guests. And on one more note the next time we are here w will be staying at the budget again and the next time we will not only be guests we will be friends
Anthony and Robyn

Room Tip: Ask for room 102
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and that you were completely satisfied with your room. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were in Lancaster to visit the new show Moses. Everyone enjoyed the show it was fabulous. Our stay at the hotel was pleasant. The hotel was close to the theater. The continental breakfast was plentiful for our group. We plan to visit again in the fall with another group and plan to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 123 was next to the elevator. Very convient.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I am glad to hear you and your group enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast. I look forward to seeing you and your group during your next stay with us!
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had bought tickets for the hotel & water park over Christmas as a gift for my boyfriend.We had a nice mini vacation over the weekend. The staff was very friendly and accommodating,esp.Eden.We enjoyed talking with her.The hotel even has a good free hot breakfast. We had a nice room and the beds were comfortable.We enjoyed ourselves at the water park and pool at the hotel. They allow you to stay and use the water park and pool until 3 pm the day you check out even though checkout is at 11 am., which we thought was good. I would recommend it to anyone esp. those with kids.It was a fun get away. Gail

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed your mini vacation with us and that you had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. I am happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you and that you were completely satisfied with your room. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Grafton, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Room had mold in both the room and the bathroom. Informed staff who made a cleaning man come in with Tile spray to fix the problem. She tried to say that it was a water stain that was black! She offered to have it cleaned but spraying Tile cleaner will not correct the problem. Toilet kept running. Keys to the door stopped working and was told it was cause they rubbed against cell phone (was in wallet entire time). The water park was ok. They have timer on the internet so you have to keep logging in. The layout of the hotel is a little confusing and no one explained were anything was. The location of the hotel was nice.

• Stayed April 2014
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. The marks you thought was mold was actually scuf marks, from normal wear and tear in the room (luggage hitting wall, etc.). This has been corrected. The internet is programmed to time out, that way, if a guest leaves their device logged in without use, it will log it out, thus allowing speeds to remain at a high level for all other guests. There are directional signs in all hallways that indicate which direction various things are within the hotel. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. I look forward to having you stay with us again.
Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed here in April 2014 for two nights. The room was clean, well equipped and spacious. The bathroom wasn't that big but big enough. The staff was very friendly and hotel was only about 3 miles away from Sight and Sound theater. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and we enjoyed the make your own pancakes in the morning. Pretty big choice of breakfast. Good value. We would stay again on our net visit to Sight and Sound.

Room Tip: Kids loved the indoor pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time in our indoor pool. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your room and stay. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!