“One star for the water park” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Announcement
Summer Packages Available
Ranked #26 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
“One star for the water park”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The water park is really nice kids loved it as for the hotel it is a dump. It's an abandoned Howard Johnson's and I am not sure it's been updated since they owned it. Employees are dumpy looking with tattoo's at least hey are nice. Room really stinks and I have seen one cock roach so far. Won't return here

Room Tip: None stay some where else and just come here for the water park
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We certainly would have liked to have the chance to correct any items you had a concern with during your stay, rather than hearing about them after your check out. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. We have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property, as stated in the many postivie reviews, but I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed here two weeks ago for the waterpark. It was everything I expected. Our room was updated and the beds were comfy. Im funny about cleanliness of a place and this hotel was very very good about it. My son loved the waterpark. The dumping bucket was his favorite. The staff were very nice. They helped us find a restaurant. For us we didn't eat breakfast there. We went next door to dunkin donuts, which we knew we were gonna go there anyway when the girl told us they serve a small breakfast. I already knew when I booked this reservation it wasn't for a 5 star hotel. We went just for the waterpark and a bed to sleep in for 6 hours. All and all I had no complaints. The waterpark was clean. I didn't see any algae in there or I wouldn't have let my son play. Room was clean. There was no bugs or any sign of bugs. Staff was very nice and helpful both at the waterpark and the front desk. The hotel is dated on the outside and in the lobby but the waterpark and the room made up for everything.

Room Tip: Our room was near door c on the first floor and it was nice and quiet but yet close to the waterpark...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I'm also happy to hear that you and your family had a good time in the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. We have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property. We still have more planned for the future and some items that you mentioned will be addressed. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We paid $125 a night for filthy floors, moldy looking ceiling, sink counter falling apart, shower didn't work and my room smelt of cigarette smoke after spraying it with lysol twice. We were in the non smoking section of the hotel. If we ran the heater the smell was worse. We wanted to see what the water park had to offer, it's ok for younger kids. You could use the hot tub if you paid $12 more a day per person, and the pool had green slime on the bottom and it was in an open area that was cold. We were with friends and thier room was no better. I WOULD NOT ADVISE EVEN MY WORSE ENEMY TO STAY THERE...

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE!!!!! NO room is a good room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Shickshinny, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Where do I start there's the algae ridden pool the smelly rooms light switches that turn on and off on their own. Or do I start with the continental breakfast with 4ounce coffee cup the bagged danish that was so scarce you had to hope one would be there the second or third time you went back. That's if you'd be really interested. Please listen to the ratings others give its not worth the time . I thought it couldn't be that bad WOW WAS I WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The carribean water park isn't worth the price of admission or time either save your money for a real trip. One last thing there was no place to sit in our to play cards with friends and we asked to borrow 2 chairs from pool area and was told very angerly No absolutely stay away from this place

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have never stayed in a lower class hotel in all my life. My friends and I live nearby Lancaster so for my birthday we thought we would try a hotel nearby. Well of coarse we chose the one that had an "Indoor water park." First off we couldn't even find the place even though it is located right off of Route 30. The building does not even look like a hotel. It looks more like an outdated warehouse. When we got to our room it smelled awfully terrible. We tried the TV (Which is a 50 year old huge piece of junk). The screen was all salt and pepper and you could barely see anything. So we went to the front desk to get our room changed (the man at the front desk can barely speak English). The second room smelled a little better but overall it is a very low class room to begin with. The bathroom is so tiny you can only fit one person in at a time. There was only 2 flat pillows on each bed. They were so flat it was like having no pillow at all. So when we called the front desk and asked for additional pillows, they said that we would need to come all the way to the front desk to get them ourselves. This was extremely frustrating considering the fact that neither the hall ways nor the elevators have heat. So far our trip was not how we expected it and we were not impressed. So we didn't even try their breakfast. Overall I have never witnessed such a poor hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Montville Township, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We recently stayed here for the water park. Be prepared the hotel is an older hotel. The hotel rooms are outdated but I must say the rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. The water park was nice we came with 3 kids ages 5,6 and 8. We did't book enough in advance so they didn't have any suites available but the 2 queen bed room was large enough and they brought in a roll away bed for us. The kids had a good time in the water park though by mid afternoon it became very crowded and we decided to leave. I would recommend this hotel for a winter weekend getaway for the kids. It was nice to swim and play in the middle of winter.

Room Tip: Get the suite if you can book early.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also happy to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. As you mentioned, the water park is a great winter get-a-way, but also remember, the water park is open year round. Our suites are very popular, so the next time you visit, be sure to book in advance. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Bossier City, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Title says it all. If you're looking for a place to gather for a family reunion this is it. I never saw so many children running around a hotel outside of Disney World! Water park is great fun for all plus an extra pool inside the hotel makes it a great deal for those looking for a noisy, splashy good time. Keep in mind your pass gets you into the water park for ONE day, not the entire stay of your reservation. A good example of the type of guest we met there this weekend would be someone there for the water park, in a group of some sort, and trundling in with enough food to feed a third world country. Hotel gets 5 stars for the water park aspects. The rest? Not so hot. Check in was lack luster and felt like we were bothering the young ladies during their social hour. Not a great greeting. And WHY do you need a copy of my driver's license? The desk clerk couldn't tell me beyond, "Hotel policy". OK, it maybe your policy, but why? In all my travels I have NEVER had a hotel ask for a copy of my driver's license. Upgrades? Ah, not on our floor. Old TV full of snow. Heater made a TON of noise. Gets one star out of five for the cleanliness of the room. Really needed a good cleaning. It feels more of a motel than a hotel. The water park is this establishment's saving grace. If you are coming to Lancaster for ANY other reason, look elsewhere. This is NOT a place I would suggest for business, solo guests, or romantic getaways. If you're looking for a place to grab a few hours of sleep before you spend every waking minute at the water park and your kids are just as noisy as all the others running up and down the halls from 8am to 11pm, this is for you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We certainly would have liked to have the chance to correct any items you had a concern with during your stay, rather than hearing about them after your check out. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. We have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property, as stated in the many postivie reviews, but I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park! I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!