“Wonderful Renovations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Annapolis, Maryland
“Wonderful Renovations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel has always been our family winter getway for years. On this most recent visit we noticed the renovations of the hallways and guest rooms immediately ! The room had new furniture, chairs, pictures, bed skirts, bed spreads, even a flat screen tv, microwave, refrigerator, and a coffee maker. Definately the hotel and room looked great ! The indoor swimming pool was nice and warm. We even purchased the passes to the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark for one of the days. It was very nice and relaxing getway for us all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that you have been coming to our hotel for years and have noticed the many improvements we have been busy doing this past year. We have more things planned for the future, so be sure to check them out when you return. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
belfod, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Recently I had to go to Lancaster to attend a seminar. I was looking for a hotel that was close to the Convention Center, affordable, and close to everything. After googling on trip advisor I found the Budget Host Inn & Suites of Lancaster. My room was clean and the rate very affordable. Budget Host definately met my budget. The hotel was about 2 miles from the convention center and close to many restaurants and gas stations. The room was clean and the wifi was very fast. I was able to watch movies on my lap top in the evenings. The hotel had a Caribbean Indoor Waterpark next to them. It seem like a nice place to take the kids for a vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! As you mentioned, we are centrally located to all things in Lancaster, including the convention center. Also, as you mentioned, we have the Caribbean Indoor Water Park attached to our hotel. The water park is open all year round, so be sure to remember us when making vacation plans. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My son just turned 6 and my wife and I were looking for some special way to celebrate it. We heard from a friend about the Budget Host Inn & Suites and the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark. We booked about 2 rooms and got 8 passes and purchased extra two passes which gave us a total of 10 passes to use at the Caribbean Indoor Waterpark. The waterpark staff permitted us to bring our own cake and food. We used about 4 tables they had on the 2nd floor of the waterpark. We suprised our son by having his closest friends enjoy the waterpark with him. He was very happy and definately will remember this birthday forever !! It was worth every penny to see the smile on our son's face.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also glad to hear that your son and his friends had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park celebrating your son's birthday. The water park is an excellent place to have a birthday celebration. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our stay at the Budget Host Inn & Suites hotel was fantastic. We had booked their waterpark package, which included an overnight stay and 4 passes. We had to purchase one extra pass, because of our 3 kids. Our suite room was very nice and spacious. The microwave in the room was nice to warm up the kids food and milk. The entire staff was very friendly, especially when we requested a crib at the last minute. They were very nice about the whole thing. The waterpark was something out kids will always remember. It was just the right size for our children. We were able to enjoy the good size wading pool which was only 12 inches deep. We even ordered pizza to be delivered to the waterapark. They had plenty of seating on the 2nd floor. Great visit to Lancaster.

Room Tip: The suite rooms includes the waterpark package in their price.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also glad to hear that you and your family had a great time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. As a reminder, the water park is open all year round, so be sure to visit again. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Appomattox, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Usually Trip Advisor is a very accurate source of information about the quality of motels. That is why the three star rating of this Inn plus their very low internet special rate attracted our attention. However, upon arrival, it was obvious that this is a very old, worn and poorly maintained facility. In being candid though, my wife and I did not have a reservation because the special rate was for walk-ins only. So we did ask to see the room and after a quick inspection realized it was below average but darkness was coming on so we decided to book for two nights. Big Mistake!!! Upon occupying Room 102, my wife noticed long female hair throughout the bathroom floor plus a big carpet stain at the foot of the bed. In one corner the wallpaper had separated from the wall, creating ripples all up and down the wall. On another wall there had been a picture or something that was removed but the screw holes left. Also there was a big gash in the wall by the headboard. The bathroom sink had black scuff marks and rust along the edge of the rim. The tub had a big black spot where apparently the finish was either worn or chipped off. However, the bed was very comfortable and the sheets clean. Judging by the parking lot, about all their customers are out-of-town construction workers. If you go to the Inn's website, do not be misled by the pictures which were probably taken when it was fairly new. I certainly would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your last stay with us. We certainly would have liked to have the chance to correct any items you had a concern with during your stay, rather than hearing about them after your check out. We strive very hard to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible. I'm sorry you felt we fell short this time, but I invite you to return to give us another chance. We have been very busy this past year doing many improvements to the property, as stated in the many postivie reviews, but I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. I look forward to having you stay with us again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

our room was "recently renovated"...i believe all they did was put up a new shower curtain. room was dirty, tiles were cracked and coming off and the beds were not clean looking. i did not feel comfortable sleeping there, and i certainly did not want my children sleeping there. no frills either... only two tiny bars of soap (no shampoo, etc.) luckily, we only lived 1.5 hrs away, so we drove home. waterpark was ok, but pretty cold.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel itself is pretty run down. Holes in walls, dirty carpets, in the hallway some carpet was tattered.But it's not the worst I've stayed in. you get what you for. Staff is friendly and the security guard walked around the halls. They have coffee in the lobby. The pool is a decent size. And the indoor waterpark which we purchased with our hotel package ($12 per person if not with package) was enjoyable. 2 big tube slides that were really fast; hot tub that the kids can go in; shallow pool with a water dumping tank and water shooting guns; And another pool varied between 3ft and 4ft., with ropes to climb across ontop of an alligator and a 4 hoop basketball area inside the pool, also in that pool there was a small vortex pool (kids loved that). It's right across the street from Dutch Wonderland. Shopping and food within walking distance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
vincent b, Manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! I am also glad to hear that you and your family had a good time at the Caribbean Indoor Water Park. We are in the midst of completing replacement of our hallway carpet, as well as some room carpets, so the next time you return, that project should be completed! I look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!