“Wonderful Stays!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Honey Brook
“Wonderful Stays!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed here over the past 5 years and its always a great experience. The beds are comfy, the staff is friendly and will go out of their way to help you in all your needs. Its in the heart of Lancaster County with shopping and tours and great scenery all around. You cant go wrong here, why stay anywhere else!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mike S, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Susan,

We are glad that you've chosen the Rodeway Inn Amish Country, Located in Lancaster, PA as the lodging establishment of your choice. We are delighted to see that you've had a very good experience with us over the past 5 years. Our goal is to provide comfortable accomodations at a reasonable price. We thank you for letting other travellers know about your wonderful experience that you've had with us. As always, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brewerton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this motel several times over the last few years. The room has always been clean and neat including the bathroom. Have never had a problem with any of the staff - always have been personable and friendly. On our last visit we had a problem with the key and it was fixed immediately and the front desk even called later on to make sure everything was okay. Phone was working fine when the front desk called about door lock. We normally do not use motel phones as we carry a cell phone when traveling. We have stayed in several places in this area and have found this to be by far our best value not only for price but for cleanliness and friendliness of staff. Also some area motels have only very limited television stations. Not here! The breakfast was more than we had anticipated. Many places will give you only a cup of coffee. Here we had a choice of cereal, toast, bagels, coffee cake, juice and coffee and also bananas. Also appreciate the convenience of having restaurants within walking distance of this motel. We have always enjoyed our stay at this motel and always look forward to our next visit!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike S, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Amish Country, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Snyder,

Thank for your feedback and letting us know how your experience has been with us. We appreciate the nice comments and letting us know how well we're doing. It is always a pleasure serving your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed here several nights over the past few months. Clean room, friendly team and NO bugs.

Decor may be a bit outdated, however, price, value, free wi-fi, comfortable beds, no bugs in sight and friendly team has been well worth selecting this hotel over and over.

Wish this hotel was DOG FRIENDLY !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your feedback about your experience at our establishment. We hope to see you again in the future!
Centreville, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My daughter & I had to change hotels at the last minute & didn't have time to research other hotels so went with this one. Big. Mistake.

Let me start with the positives: Location - it was 2 blocks from where I needed to be. That's all.

Negatives: (I'm going to number these)
1) First impression...You are coming down Lincoln Hwy (Rt 30) & see the big sign for Rodeway Inn (ok so far). You turn down the street & there are 2 separate buildings, painted the same color so it gives you the idea that maybe they are related, but neither one has a 'hotel' name sign on it anywhere. The one furthest in from the main road does have a sign over one of the doors that says "Hotel Check In" (though it doesn't say which hotel, & you can only see that if you drive right up to the front of the building).

I walked in the lobby, there's an open window with no one at the desk & again, no signs that tell you where you are. A lady comes from out of view & I asked if this was the Rodeway Inn check in. She said yes & asks for my driver's license (not even a 'hello' or 'can I help you'). We get our room key & she tells us to go around to the end of the building, through the double doors where our room is - we could have gone right through the lobby & around the corner to the hallway (about 10 feet from where we stood).
2) There are 2 doors to go through at the one end of the building to gain access - this is the building with the check-in desk ) I still don't know if the other building is part of the hotel. Neither door has any security in place (like sliding your card in a keycard lock), so anyone could get into the hotel.
3) The phone did not work. I had to use my cell phone to call the desk to ask about connecting to the internet. I DID mention to the clerk (a different one than at check-in) that the phone did not work.
4) It took at least 6 attempts to connect to the internet. The desk clerk made me walk to the lobby with my laptop (not that far, but still...) to show her that I couldn't connect. Then she kept acting like I was stupid & not following her directions, even though I showed her exactly what I did & it would say "no internet service" She just kept repeating the same thing. No help. But I did eventually get connected.
5) The walls & doors were dirty. Looked like they hadn't been cleaned or painted in some time.
6) The bathtub was gross! Brown drips on the outside & black hair all over the inside of it. Eew!
7) The bedclothes had holes in them (blankets & sheets) & one of the comforters had been patched by hand.
8) No extra blankets
9) Cigarette butts all over outside because there wasn't a receptacle to put them in, or to put trash in.
10) No warning that there was a step down out of the outside door & we both nearly fell there.
11) ONE tiny shampoo, NO conditioner or lotion. This is a double occupancy room! NO hair dryer.
12) ONE coffee of each type - reg & decaff - This a double occupancy room! No stir sticks, no creamer.
13) Breakfast bar is right in the lobby on a small countertop. Horrible selection of food. Orange juice tasted metallic & watered down. No fresh fruit. Only 2 selections of cold cereal. Bagels tasted day-old.
14) I asked the night clerk for late checkout (the same one I asked about the internet). She said we could stay until 12 noon, an additional hour. She wrote down our room number & the time we were leaving. The next morning at 11:30 the phone rings (2 separate times). I pick it up & it's dead like the night before so I hang up both times. 30 seconds later there's a knock at the door. The morning desk clerk - with an attitude - asks why I didn't answer the phone & are we staying another day since we hadn't checked out...all in one breath. I tell him the phone isn't working, that even though it rang I couldn't hear anything & that I'd told this to the lady the night before. He tells me he knows it's working because he heard it ring. I invited him to try it himself - which he didn't. I also told him that we had requested a late check-out & it was written down. He finally went away but was so rude I'm glad I had the door chained the entire time!

Does anyone need more reasons NOT to stay here? As another reviewer said...vile, disgusting & shocking are perfect to describe this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We certainly agree that your unsatisfactory experiences do not represent the level of service we strive to provide. The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your experience is appreciated. In this instance, we found that we did have a breakdown in the internal communication process due to a human error. Once again, please accept our apologies. We hope to see you again the future!!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Avoid this motel. For another $20.00, you can stay someplace better. The sheets had stains, the towels were thin. Looks like they rent the rooms hourly. A/C - Heat was too noisy to sleep. Someone tampered with the door, and the dead bolt barely secured it. Run-down and dirty. Previous reviews are correct - vile and disgusting. Where is the health inspector?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this terrible place over the Labor Day weekend, only because the area had no available rooms. The hotel looks as if it's abandoned and closed for decades. Once you get in your room, you realize it should be.

Vermin and bugs are plentiful. So too is mold, from floor to ceiling, peeling paint, smelly stained carpets and lighting, phones and appliances that do not work. The front desk does not answer the phone, and when confronted staff are disinterested and rude.

It is beyond belief that a filthy and unsanitary hotel like this could exist in such a major tourism area. We should have checked prior reviews. The national chain needs to address conditions at this health risk. We have certainly made them aware. It's been weeks and we still cringe at the conditions we slept in.

Gross!

• Stayed September 2012
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Vile, Disgusting and Shocking are the key words in describing this horrible franchise of a national chain. That this hotel is allowed to stay open is a clear indicator that health department and national chain inspections do not take place.

Upon arrival you immediately notice that the buildings are in dire need of a painting and the parking lot is so potholed it could be in Iraq. A long shuttered Italian restaurant with pieces falling off is the centerpiece of the property.

Rooms are filthy and outdated. Ceilings are covered with mold, as are bathrooms. There are bedbugs and crawled throughout and flies and Mosquitos. We found mice droppings in the drawers. Towels and linens are ratty and stained.

Breakfast consists of stale bagels and dry cereals served in a small office entrance way. Parking spaces at the office note that they are only for the use of customers of the restaurant which closed over a decade ago.

A constant stream of guests line up each morning to complain about conditions to an owner who pretends to be a non-English speaking desk clerk.

This place is a health hazard and a horror.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Rodeway Inn Amish Country? Share your experiences!