My husband and I stayed in this terrible place over the Labor Day weekend, only because the area had no available rooms. The hotel looks as if it's abandoned and closed for decades. Once you get in your room, you realize it should be.
Vermin and bugs are plentiful. So too is mold, from floor to ceiling, peeling paint, smelly stained carpets and lighting, phones and appliances that do not work. The front desk does not answer the phone, and when confronted staff are disinterested and rude.
It is beyond belief that a filthy and unsanitary hotel like this could exist in such a major tourism area. We should have checked prior reviews. The national chain needs to address conditions at this health risk. We have certainly made them aware. It's been weeks and we still cringe at the conditions we slept in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rodeway Inn® Amish Country is a touch of Italy in the heart of Dutch Country. This Lancaster, PA hotel is ideally located in Pennsylvania Dutch Country, less than one mile from Dutch Wonderland children's amusement park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Rodeway Inn Amish Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Amish Country Hotel Lancaster
- Rodeway Inn Italian Hotel
- Rodeway Inn Lancaster