“Roach infested!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Lancaster
Sanatoga, Pennsylvania, United States
“Roach infested!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Do NOT stay here! Stayed for daughters dance competition. After they took a shower we found roaches all over the bathroom! Live ones.As well as flies in the room. The window was broken, the bedding was stained and disgusting. And I'm pretty sure there was snot or semen smeared on the wall. We promptly told manager after discovering all this( within an hour of being there) and he said he would refund me all I had to do was contact Expedia. Well after 2 days and over 3 hours on the phone because the guy lied and tried to refuse giving me the refund, I finally got a refund. Theres plenty of other hotels to stay at that are clean and roach free. Stay away from here!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

I stayed one night at this inn. Echoing some of the other comments, it was oversized and spacious. The furnishings and bedding were very accommodating. The HVAC system was quiet and the county's "farm fragrance" was not too imposing! Cleanliness was above average, the 2 opportunities for improvement would be 1)tidying the mess behind the nightstand 2)removing the mildew in the corners of the tub surround. Other annoyances--no clock and a very thin bed cover.
Breakfast was typical but tasty. Reception at arrival and departure was quiet and fine. I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Dharmesh P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 3, 2015
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your stay here at our hotel. I Glad you liked the room and cleanliness, room size and your overall stay.
also thank you for your suggestions and we are working on it very firmly.
I hope we'll see you in near future again.
Thanks
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

Best price in town - nothing fancy but it had a refrig and microwave. Room was spacious - bathroom needs updating but was clean. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast area was small but accommodating - selection was simple but juice and doughnut were good enough for me. I will be staying there again on my way back through town!

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor - place is relatively secure - only 1 main door. I had a room in the back - jus...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dharmesh P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 3, 2015
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your stay with us and posting your review.
I glad you liked it here and willing to come back again.
Yes we always have friendly staff(thank you) and best room and rates in the town..
Recently we have updated room with new Flat Screen TV.
we are here to serve you again and better and better.
Baldwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

Been going to econo for years in Lancaster, it was not great but reasonable. Went back in December after about a year. The rooms rad been painted and the beds and bedding were all new and very comfortable. A microwave and mini refrigerator in the room. Right in the heart of everything and a free continental breakfast in the morning. All for about $55 a night. Can't beat it.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

Tried booking somewhere else but this was the only place available...should have been my first clue not to stay. Checked in shortly before dinner and was not impressed with the room. The odor of mold and mildew was overwhelming. My son flushed the toilet and it flooded the bathroom.... it was still plugged up from the previous guests. Told the front desk clerk about the water and he told me it would be taken care of while me and my family left or dinner. Once we returned from dinner, all we found was a pile of wet towels laying all over the floor and the toilet still plugged up. I also found that someone had gone through our suitcases and helped themselves to a few of our kids Nintendo DS games and a few DVD's. Called the front desk clerk in regards to the water and the theft. Was pretty much told he didn't care and that it wasn't him and that he wasn't concerned. Said he was too busy to worry about it. While in the hallway, another guest asked if I got my problem resolved because she saw the front desk clerk coming in and out a few times prior to our return. Now i understood why the clerk wouldn't help... he was the one in the room. I contacted the police. A police officer from the Lamplighter PD (sic) and took a report. He said we should consider ourselves lucky that everything wasn't stolen, which was the norm for this location. Lesson learned... NEVER AGAIN. Contacted the owner - well attempted to, What a joke, cold not make himself available for discussion - doesn't speak much English...another surprise. AVOID THIS PLACE. Checked out and backtracked to York for another room. Was still billed for the room. Currently being disputed with credit card company.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Vernon, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

The bed is comfortable. The bathroom looked like someone who is not a handyman did the job. Because it is an economy hotel you won't get many TV stations. They put in a microwave the day before we left.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night after spending the previous two days in Chambersburg. I'd read the bad reviews but we usually find that people tend to write reviews when they feel they've had a negative experience. We've stayed at many of the other motels in the vicinity but couldn't pass up the price.

We arrived about 1/2 hour after our check in time and were greeted by the friendly gentleman at the desk. We had a reservation so I was surprised that check in took longer than expected. It wasn't a big deal though since it was Sunday and we only had one place we wanted to visit. Come to find out, our room wasn't ready even though there were few guests that spent that Sunday night. Once again it wasn't a big deal as he simply put us in a different room.

The room was clean enough but in this day and age I usually expect to see a flat screen TV and not a tiny CRT. Oh well, we weren't there to watch TV but it was Sunday and other than the Outlets, there's not a lot of places open. The bed was softer than I like and the pillows were really flat. "Ok," I thought, "we only spent a few bucks." Others have complained about the noise from the road but I didn't really notice that and I slept pretty well.

The next morning I went to grab some toast or something from the breakfast area and even though it was after 6:00am, the lights were off and the only person I saw was sleeping in a chair in front of the desk. I decided not to disturb him since we were going to be eating at a buffet in a few hours.

I know that this is a budget motel but the little things that were wrong added up which resulted in a 2 rating. Nothing major but enough annoyances that will make me find other accommodations next time.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!