“Pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Amityville, NY
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was part of a 50-person bus group so figured the accommodations would be sub-par.
Boy was I surprised! We were efficiently checked in. My room had a coffeemaker
(brought my own), refrigerator, sink outside the bathroom which contained a tub....joy
I can soak after touring! Brand new TV - outside was a wrought-iron bench, tables w/
umbrellas to sit around. Property has a beautiful pool, tennis courts, manicured grounds.

Heading into the INCLUDED breakfast the next a.m.; stopping in the lobby to check
my e-mail (free). Breakfast was 2 pancakes, sausage, 2 bacon rashers with family style
passed bowls of scrambled eggs, toast and home fries. OJ and coffee or tea.

And the staff was very pleasant helping those by assisting w/wheelchairs, etc.

Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It is an average old hotel, walking distance to Dutch Wonderland, many restaurants around, the outlet mall is cross street. Room is clean, water press is good, no microwave, but it does has a refrigerator. Bedding sheets are clean, mattress seems old, I have three rooms with 6 double beds, and two of them are uncomfortable. The hotel has a big backyard with indoor/outdoor pool, children playground, outdoor picnic tables and chair. The room floor is not clean as it looks like; my son got very dirty hands after he crawled on the floor for one minute, his both palms were black.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Phila, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel room was clean but could use some updating. The breakfast was delicious! We loved the omellete bar! Just would have preferred if everyone in your room was entitled to the free breakfast. It only is for 2 and you must pay for additional. But still can't beat the price for it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

This trip was one of the best trips of my life. I had a great time and they had a lot to do there. I also loved the Amish houses and stores I went to. So I recommend this place for you to go to. For example, thunder and lightning outside when swimming? No problem! Just go to the indoor pool. You get bored? Well, ho to the game room, or go hand out. The hotel is close to the amusement park Dutch wonderland. They have amazing rides, and it is really a great familybexperience. PS, they have a water area.

_

• Stayed June 2012
Centreville, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Continental Inn is pretty average. The beds were OK & the linens were clean. Our room had a refrigerator which is always nice to hold the snacks & soft drinks. The room was at the furthest end of the hotel & the complete opposite end from the driveway entrance but at least it was quiet. The sink counter was broken off the wall on one side so the counter was crooked. I didn't care for the coffee pot to be on the bathroom counter either. There was a small table that was handy to put the computer on or sit & read. I had called ahead of time to find out if they offered free breakfast on the Sunday morning I would be there & they said at the time that they hadn't decided. I thought that was pretty strange. Either your policy is free breakfast, breakfast available at the restaurant or no breakfast. When we arrived, we found out there would be free breakfast starting at 8:00am & we couldn't go to it because it was too late for our plans.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end furthest from the lobby have the view of farmland. It's quiet & no road noi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Amenities are ok. Fairly average hotel until you walk around in your room in your socks which a lot of people like to do. I don't think the carpets in the room my family and I stayed in were ever steamed cleaned or shampooed. My sock were filthy and so was that carpet. What would it take. You then have to ask, were the carpets even vacuumed?

Room Tip: Don't go bare foot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here for two nights because they had a pool and offered a free breakfast. The hotel is late 70's dated looking, if that matters to anyone, it doesn't matter to me as long as it's clean. I was charged $76.00 a night by the time taxes were added. I was not pleased to learn that you only got two free breakfasts. That would have been nice to know. I was charged 10.00 for my 4 year old and 2 year old to eat, and then a suggested tip of $1.00 per person (we were a party of four). Here's my thing about tips: You are supposed to do a good job regardless of what you do. Let a person decide if they WANT to leave you a tip. At least the breakfast is good though. Let's just say I can easily feed my whole family for about $2.00 or less everyday, so having to pay $10 for two of my kids was annoying. At least it tasted good, compliments to the chef. Pool was nice, a little colder than I like, but it worked. Sauna took forever to heat up. Two hours and it never got past 140 degrees. Hot tub felt great. Poolhouse was a little dingy. Was disappointed there was no microwave in the room, thank God I brought my hot plate and a pan. My AAA Book said there were micros in all the rooms, so I didn't know there wasn't. The beds were comfortable, the linens were clean. The bathroom needed to either be cleaned or updated, not sure which, it wasn't really dirty, just looked like it could use a tile job and fresh paint. Air conditioner/heater blows out a lot of cold air, had to turn it off as it nearly froze me on its high heat setting. Overall, if I ever make my way back to Lancaster, I would probably pick somewhere else, as I even noticed when I was paying for breakfast, I was paying more for my room than anyone else staying there (they check your name off the guest list for breakfast, and it has the price you pay for your room right on it, many other people were paying 49.50 a night or in the $50 range.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Continental Inn? Share your experiences!