“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast
You added The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1105 E. King St., Lancaster, PA 17602 (Formerly O'Flaherty's Dingeldein House)   |
Ranked #1 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reston, Virginia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

What an incredible place!! From the gorgeous house, to the fantastic food and the unmeasured "hosts", this B&B was no less than amazing! Brad and Keith make you feel right at home, teaching you all about Lancaster and sharing great stories. I could have hung out with them all day! And the food...delicious! The fruit tossed with a lemon and ginger glaze was out of this world! You will not leave hungry :).
This will definitely be my new "go to" for a weekend away. Don't think twice...BOOK IT! Thanks Brad and Keith for a wonderful stay.
-Sara

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Sara we enjoyed your visit so much and Thank You for the wonderful praise. We love our guests and enjoy spending time talking with them. Hope to see you again soon! Yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Theres nothing not to like about this place, you can see why it's No.1 in trip advisor. Brad and Keith have done what other B&B's haven't managed to do and that is to provide the little extra things. The B&B itself has lots of character and the hosts are great, it was a shame we couldn't stay longer. As everyone has said Brad's breakfasts were different, but great, and the little extras of sweets, drinks and snacks was a pleasant surprise. If you want one of the delicious cookies I suggest you get one before bedtime as they seem to disappear during the night!!! I very much enjoyed sitting in the lounge drinking the free port! Cheers guys...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful words! We simply do what we would want in a BnB so Thank You!
Yours, Brad & Keith, The lancaster BnB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We just arrived home and I couldn't wait to write this review. This was by far the best B&B we have ever stayed at. The house is beautiful and I highly recommend the Hawthorn Suite. It's large with a separate dressing area. Also the B&B itself is very centrally located. Brad and Keith are fantastic hosts. Keith was extremely helpful with things to do and places to eat. Brad made the best breakfasts ever. He went above and beyond to accommodate my husband's dietary restrictions. Both of them made us feel welcome and at home. This is definitely the place to stay in Lancaster. Thanks again Brad and Keith! Bill & Maria Tironzelli

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We loved having you both and look forward to your returning soon. I feel that you opened a new door for me with dietary knowledge. I simply offer the carb info now to anyone needing it. Thank you for your help. Thank you for the great compliments! Yours, Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB
Frankfurt am Main
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We enjoyed this place very much. Brad took care of us and his breakfasts are incredible.
Extremely recommendable and the best place we stayed on this 3 week trip through eastern US.
Nice extra's: there's complimentary coffee and soda in the room, biscuits and port at tea time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
We loved getting to know you during your visit we love our Euro guests it lets us travel a bit hearing about your trip. Thank you for the praise and I hope you will visit us again. I hope the remainder of your time was good. Yours Brad & Keith The Lancaster BnB
florence, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Everything that has been written about this B&B is true! It was my first stay in a B&B and I am now spoiled. The breakfasts were gourmet and they happily accommodated my gluten free request. They even had my fav Keurig brand! The room was charming, clean and roomy. The other guests were friendly and quiet. Brad and Keith are awesome hosts and are the "icing on the cake" to my three day stay! I don't like to plan what to do each day so the most helpful thing for me was their insight into what to do and where to go. Everyone of their suggestions was spot on. I hope I get to return very soon.

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor. Loved the skylight in the bath and the extra large room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your generous words we did truly enjoy your visit and I feel like I now understand your diet needs better thank you! I hope we see you again soon. Yours Brad The Lancaster BnB
Kinnelon, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was planning my boyfriend's 30th birthday around a hot air balloon ride taking place the next town over. Travelling with us would be my parents, his parents, his sister and her husband making 8 of us in total. From the second I called to make my reservation, I knew we were in good hands with Keith and Brad.

The pictures online don't even touch on how beautiful the home really is. Before leaving for dinner, we had our own little "happy hour" in the living room with wine and cheese that we had brought, with wine glasses provided for us by Brad and Keith. We had many laughs and made some good memories and it felt like being at home.

The next morning, we left at sunrise for the hot air balloon ride and came home to one of the best breakfasts I have ever had! There was also fresh brewed coffee along with a vast selection of Keurig cups and various herbal teas waiting for us.

Brad and Keith took the time out to tell us things we didn't know about the area and suggestions on what to do around town. I couldn't have asked for a better overall experience and the hilarity that ensued at times made for a very worry-free and pleasurable weekend.

Thank you Brad and Keith! We will certainly be back!

Amy V.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Amy and all...
We LOVED having each and everyone of you in our home. Nothing is more rewarding than to have guest arrive unknown and leave feeling like old friends that you look forward to seeing again. Thank You for all your generous words you all were such honest and warm "folks" it is easy to create memories together. We look forward to seeing you again anytime. Our Best! Yours, Brad & Keith The Lancaster BnB
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Once again, Brad and Keith did not disappoint. Every detail is "covered". You will want for nothing. We went on a 'girls trip' but highly recommend for couples and families as well. (There were several couples/families we met during our stay.) The breakfasts are YUMMY and freshly prepared.
Everything was clean and welcoming. We immediately felt right at home. This lovely Victorian mansion is centrally-located and within a short drive of the Lancaster attractions. I would tell anyone/everyone to stay here when coming to Lancaster area. We will be back!!

Room Tip: If you have two-three-four people in your party, you may want to book the two rooms on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
TheLancasterBandB, Owner at The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Denise,
We are so glad that you stay only with us cause we would miss you if you didn't. Thank you for the continued generous words. Thank you for saying our central location we feel it is one of our best assets. Thank you! Yours Brad & Keith, The Lancaster BnB

Been to The Lancaster Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!