“Very Very Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very Very Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

This is a budget motel but very clean. I travel on business and since the company sets the limit of what I can spend I always stay at affordable motels. This is one of the nicest that I stay at. I am in Lancaster three or four times a year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011 via mobile

Please do not stay here, the rooms are repulsive, the staff is completely rude to guests not worth the money or time what so ever!!

• Stayed October 2011
stone harbor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I took my family here to escape the hurricane. We were charged $50 more than advertised [$150 per night for a $99 per night room]. The place is a dump but we had to get out of South Jersey because of mandatory evacuation.
I contacted the corporate headquarters but the CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE blew me off. I've contacted the Better Business Office. I will never stay in any of this company's rooms again.
I recommend to everyone to avoid anything that says Americas Best Value!!

Room Tip: Avoid these places completely
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We found this motel to be all that we needed at a very good price. We were there on a motorcycle trip, and just needed a place to stay while we toured the countryside. It was right on Rt 30, directly across from an Amish buffet restaurant and several gift shops, so we only had to walk across the street for a meal any time of the day - except the buffet closed rather early in the evening. This motel was just a few miles from the outlet malls and many other points of interest. Our room was clean and well tended, the staff was friendly and accomodating, and the pool was a plus we weren't expecting.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Bel Air, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

My friend and our daughters planed a weekend to Lancaster. Her son (30) decided to travel with us. We picked this hotel because they allowed both smoking and pets, and it was only two miles from the Hilton. We checked him in and were surprised by how clean and nice the rooms were. The next morning when we went to pick him up we walked her three chihuahuas. The owner ran over and told us we owed him $20 dollars for 3 dogs instead of one. We had informed them at check in that there were "dogs." Went she went to pay the $20 we were told he was charging $125 for not telling him there were pets at check-in (we had already paid $10 for pet fee). Then he tried to charge us for all three people staying there. ( BTW he said if we could afford another hotel we wouldn't have been staying there. )

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
andyLancaster, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our pet policy did not meet your expectations. We wish to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. We do have a sign located at the front office indicating our pet fees/policy. As you know, our pet rooms require special treatment and this is why we must charge a per pet fee. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Americas Best Value Inn-Lancaster
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I had a pretty nice visit to Lancaster. The place was booming, busy and crowded. I couldn't find lodging online the days I went. Many places were sold out. I got my money's worth out of this hotel. It looked depressing on the outside and the lobby was horrible but the room was comfortable, clean and I slept quite well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
Americas Best Value Inn-Lancaster PA
West Hazelton, Pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I went to this hotel on a business trip. I had been on the road three months. The first night I was there I got bit 15 times by bed bugs. I got 5 days of 7 of my money back from price line. It was terrible I saw the blasted bugs with my own eyes. Just crawling out of the comforter.
Very very disgusting experience. Terrible place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with your room. We have a local Pest Control company who did inspect the room and found no evidence of bed bugs. In addition, the rooms are professionally treated each month. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
Americas Best Value Inn-Lancaster PA

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!