“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I travel a lot. I've always stayed in chain hotels but when I discovered this hotel I never hesitated booking. It was charming and historical! Staff was accommodating, the ambiance just great! If I ever come back to the area, I will make sure to book with them again!

• Stayed August 2014
Inspiration_Manager, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Dear JE_and_C_07,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are part of the Historic Hotels of America - as our building is a converted tobacco warehouse constructed in 1881. Our 63 guestrooms provide complimentary amentities such as deluxe continental breakfast each morning, wireless internet, parking, guest passes to the YMCA across the street, 24 business center and gym facility, and more! We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again in the future!

EAguirre@lancasterartshotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We had a great time! The front desk clerk who checked us in was really phenomenal! Gave us great suggestions for dining in the area. We had our toddler with us so we could not try the restaurant but the menu was very inviting.

Dear Madina M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our customer service is something we pride ourselves on, and our Inspiration Coordinators are at the desk 24 hours a day to assist with any dining suggestions & things to do in the area. Thank you again for the kind words, and we do hope to see you in the future!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Our family of 4 had a very comfortable stay in this historic tobacco warehouse with contemporary, 21st century hotel amenities. The on-site restaurant, John J. Jeffries, is a winner. Dinner here is a must. Complimentary breakfast was more than adequate for starting the day, but we've experienced better at multiple hotels. If you are planning a stay in Lancaster, I'd highly recommend this venue for lodging. It's a top-tier hotel, an art galley, and co-located with a fine dining establishment. You could have a wonderful experience and never leave the property, but do; Lancaster and the surrounding area have so much to offer.

Dear VPFLYR,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are part of the Historic Hotels of America, being that our building was built as a tobacco warehouse in 1881. All of the exposed brick and wooden beams throughout the property is original to the property. Thank you for mentioning some of our complimentary amentities, such as on-site, chef-owned John J Jeffries restaurant, deluxe continental breakfast each morning, and on-site art gallery. We are located only a short distance from the historic downtown Lancaster area, filled with art galleries, boutique shopping, dining, and more - and I am so pleased you found our location suitable for your trip! We look forward to seeing you again!

virginia beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had a great time at this unique hotel. The rooms were contemporary and fun. It offered free wi-fi, free parking and was a good walking distance to town, local restaurants, and central market. The front desk went out of their way to assist us with directions, extras for the room. However, it could use a little more detail on the cleaning. Before I go into that, let me say that I would stay here again. The important things were clean but the headboards and room numbers required some dusting. (speaking of which, the head of housekeeping could reprimand in private and more respectfully) Breakfast was offered and the coffee was great. I did not eat at the restaurant but had some press pot coffee which was delicious. A few tidbits: I came on a Saturday and stayed til Tues. If I were to do it again, I would come on a Thursday and leave Sunday. The town closes down on Sunday. Farmer's markets are open later in the week. Also Iron Hill Brewery is a great place to eat. Cafe 18 great for lunch/breakfast. Pressroom so-so. Will review the restaurants as well. Overall, great place to stay. Some good memories made there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Inspiration_Manager, Front Office Manager at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear laditk,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our location to restaurants, bars, and historic downtown Lancaster, as well as some of our complimentary amentities we have to offer. I will be passing along your housekeeping concerns to our director of room styling - so thank you for bringing that to my attention. Thank you again!

Lewes, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed there for one night when we came to Lancaster to attend a wedding. We just wanted something different and this is it. Very charming and unique. In a converted warehouse, the decor is lovely and the renovations were in keeping with old charm. I always like exposed brick and high ceilings. The room was just so cozy and the bathroom had a high toilet...never thought I would be excited about that! The book, in each room, about converted buildings into hotels was so interesting and appreciated. A glass bottle of water and a rose were nice touches. The breakfast is very limited. The shortcomings, though, might prevent me from coming back. I am a big recycler and try to be "green" whenever possible and I give them credit for trying but I feel their efforts are to be "classy" as opposed to being environmentally correct. Real glasses are used in the rooms and this is so unsanitary, I wouldn't use them. It has been shown that they are not run through a sanitizing dishwasher after each guest and I would bet it is the same here. There are times to use plastic wrapped compostable cups and this is one of them. The shower is tiled and has a glass door but the floor was questionable to me...mold?

Dear alpLewes,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the aesthetics of our 1881 renovated tobacco warehouse building. We do provide a Historic Hotels of America book in each room, as we are proud to be considered part of that registry. I do want to apologize if you do not agree with our choice to use real glass in our rooms, as opposed to disposable cups, however, I can assure that each and every room gets inspected for cleanliness after guests depart, and dishwashing & sanitizing the glassware is no exception. This is the same for champagne glasses we use for romance packages, as well as the complimentary wine glasses that are provided in each & every guestroom. Thank you again for your review, and hopefully we will see you return!

Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We only stayed for one night but were very pleased with our experience at the Lancaster Arts. The atmosphere of the converted warehouse is enlivened by the bright artwork and other warm touches spread throughout the hotel. Our standard room was generously sized with high ceilings and a modern bathroom. There were no extra charges for parking (in an adjoining garage), wifi or a continental breakfast. Every staff member we interacted with was pleasant and helpful. Although the hotel is not located in the heart of downtown Lancaster, we had no issues walking to nearby restaurants, bars and other attractions. This will definitely be our first choice for a hotel the next time we visit Lancaster.

Dear KRW52,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lancaster Arts Hotel! I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for mentioning some of our complimentary amentities, such as breakfast, wireless internet, and garaged parking. We are located right on the outskirts of the historic downtown Lancaster area - with the square being about a fifteen minute walk away. Thank you again for your words, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband and I chose the "Arts" hotel for a quick one night get away last Saturday. Once again, they did not disappoint us. This is our second stay and highly recommend this classy hotel. The front desk staff were awesome and accommodating, the housekeeping staff very pleasant, and the hotel lovely. Great location and easy access to the Tanger Outlets. We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 217, not much of a view but the hotel is so nice , the view didn't matter much...