“Pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 38 hotels in Lancaster
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked this Hotel through Jetsetter and what a great choice. Charming building and it is loaded with interesting art pieces. Rooms are very comfortable and the service was top notch. If you choose to eat dinner away from the Hotel "Fenz" is just a short walk away and I would highly recommend it. Outdoor rooftop dining is an option and the food is top notch.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Nieuwegein, Utrecht, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed one night in a double queen size bed room. Good space in room and bathroom. Good quality furniture and looks. Internet was free and good signal (as it should be the std). Breakfast included, which was quite good offering quite some choice of food and drinks.
The personel was very helpful and friendly. As it was too busy we decided to eat outside, but the menu looked attractive; if there would have been space (we didn't make any reservation) we for sure would have eaten in house.
Parking garage attached offering plenty of space for parking and easy access directly into the hotel. Nice, the combination of some history of this building with modern and stylish/functional hotel. Definitely recommended. Good value for money and great base to explore Amish county around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, South Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night in May 2013 and wished we could have stayed longer. Definitely would recommend this hotel. The rooms were lovely, beautiful bathroom, red rose on the bed as well as a chocolate for both of us. The only negative is a slow elevator for those who need it, we were on the 4th floor, so we took the stairs. The breakfast is more continental than hot, but plenty of choices, which was fine for us. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

No only is the hotel a showcase for local artists, but a great example of reuse instead of tear down. Filled with the character of its former tobacco warehouse this is warm and welcoming property. I had a very large room and bathroom. All was clean and the bed very comfortable. There is a small balcony. A two level parking garage provides on site parking. My only complaint was that my room, next to a laundry room, was a little noisy in the morning when housekeeping staff was getting their carts ready. All staff I encountered were friendly. This was really important to me because this drive out was stressful. Next time I hope to visit the restaurant. Breakfast was nice and the coffee good. There is complimentary water in the room. There was also turn down service with a rose and chocolate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The staff began by accommodating our unique check-in situation, and then continued to be wonderful from there. Every staff member we came in contact with was very helpful and polite! The hotel itself was beautiful and so very unique. Love the red rose turn down service....Bathrooms beautiful!! My husband and I were there for 4 days with our 3 year old daughter for a double dose of wedding fun. The stay at the hotel made this 4 days so much fun! Breakfast every morning was more than a continental breakfast, and sitting out on the patio on a beautiful morning was a great addition to our morning coffee. Our schedules for the weddings were busy, but we since we were so conveniently located, we were able to walk to a lot of places, or take a short drive, which was a fun part of our stay. It is evident that the City of Lancaster takes great pride in themselves, it really shows!

Room Tip: Everything excellent!!! Free access to YMCA across street - please read full review - WONDERFUL EXPE...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Silver Spring MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

While returning home from a trip north of here, I decided to take a night for myself and stay at the Lancaster Arts Hotel. I wanted to visit the traditional Amish communities and tourist traps again, but was intrigued by how different this hotel appeared for an area I thought I knew well. Staying here opened my eyes to the fact that there is much more to Lancaster than what I had come for. There is a large arts community that I had been previously unaware of. The hotel itself is a work of art--housed in an old tobacco warehouse, each room has exposed brick and quirky architecture. It's a little on the pricey side, but a very nice stay with comfortable, clean rooms, helpful staff, and a free breakfast to die for. Computers are available in the lobby for guest use. I believe there is access to a pool or a gym at the YMCA across the street--I'd confirm that first--but I did not have the time to take advantage of it, so I can't vouch for it.

My one complaint was that the lighting in the actual room was dark and inefficient--beautiful and artsy, but not very practical. But this is very minor in comparison to what it has to offer. And the free breakfast was unlike any other I've seen; wonderful, quality foods that were different and beautifully prepared (when's the last time you were offered breakfast burritos?), with a beautiful, relaxing dining room or outdoor seating available.

Room Tip: Don't miss the breakfast. Quality food, unique offerings, pleasant service, relaxing atmosphere.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was a Quick getaway, and the accommodations were fantastic. The staff was great and the hotel is really well done! our stay was refreshingly more comfortable than a stay at one of the high end chains would have been! We will make a point to be back and refer our friends as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lancaster Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!