“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
NY, NY
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great modern decoration - with art (for sale) all around. Rooms were very spacious. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Vending machine was a little hidden (had to ask front desk where it was) and a little tricky to use (folding doors I had not seen before) but sodas were only 75 cents.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
lancaster, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you want something better than a change hotel this is the place, great unique hotel and close to everything. each room offers different things and the thai restaurant down the block is wonderful
A great town and an enjoyable place to stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Marlboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Lancaster Arts Hotel for an overnight stay. I thought the room was very welcoming,inviting, and a good size. I loved the old brick walls and the wood floor. The room was very clean. I really liked the bathroom. Nice vanity area to store your stuff. There was some mold on the shower tiles. I have come to expect some level of mold in the bath area, though this was not excessive. I had read other reviews where they mentioned the thin walls. I do agree with that comment. Our stay was on a weeknight and excessive noise was not an issue, though we did hear the shower running from the room next door. The bed was a little soft for my taste. The room does have a wine fridge, which I have little use for. If I stayed longer, I would have requested a mini fridge.

central n.j.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was our first visit to Lancaster as we came up for a family reunion. The room was spacious { you could have fit three New York City rooms in it] and very clean. I like the features that it had two sitting areas,windows that open[ I have sinus problems]and a very comfortable bed. I did not have to use my own pillow that I always take with me.The artwork and the special lightning added a nice touch.

One review stated that the hotel was too far from the city attractions.but I disagree. I am 80 years old and had no difficulty walking to the downtown areas and later to the college which was in the opposite direction.

I could not hear the trains from my room but wonder why the engines had to running when not being used.It seemed like a waste of fuel.

The breakfast buffet was better than most European types that I have had in the past.

I like the city and will stay at the Arts Hotel when I do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lexington1, Director of Sales at Lancaster Arts Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel. We do our very best to make each guest experience here a great one! We love being part of downtown Lancaster and all that it has to offer. There are so many unique boutique shops, restaurants and art galleries, we feel proud to be a part of this vibrant City. Please come back and visit--we will wait for your return!
Oyster Bay, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a very quiet, clean and friendly hotel. The area is sort of dreary (its right across from the freight train tracks) but it is located close to town and very close to F&M college. They were very accommodating as far as early check in and late check outs. It has a very artsy feel. The rooms were very comfortable. The on sight gym is very small and limited but they do give you a free pass to the YMCA across the street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mitchellville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I love the Lancaster are and wanted to take a quick trip for some relaxation. I wanted to stay someplace we've never stayed and came across Lancaster Arts Hotel during my internet search. I saw the hotal and read the reviews and decided to give it a try. I must admit, I was nervous but thought, it's only one night so we'll try it. I am so glad we did. We both enjoyed everything about the hotel. The artsy decor is really cool. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The hvac system was really quite, you can't tell it's even on. We did not want to leave the room. Returning to the room after a day of shopping and finding our bed turned down, a rose and chocolates on the pillow was a great way to end the evening. Love it, love it, love it! Already planning a return trip. thanks Lancaster Arts Hotel. Oh, the staff are also great!

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I spent a week in Lancaster, PA and Lititz, PA for work. While here in town, I stayed in the Lancaster Arts Hotel. It's a nice hotel with a great history with rooms that are very accommodating. Beds were comfy and the showers were HOT. The free wifi was not great but it was free. The best hotel bar I've sat at in a long time. The bartender pours heavy and the drinks are cheap. The bar staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurants and shopping in the area were quite good as well.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Lancaster Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!